Rock Band 4 Export Guide - Unofficial

Comments

• MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    ZosoBaron said:
    Yeah, that was in reply to me, looks like if I want any of the previous disc songs, I've got to buy an Xbox One
  • Well, here's my problem. I owned a 360. I sold it to get funds to buy a PS4. Well. I owned RB1, 2, & 3, and had a ton of songs from all of them. Is there a way I can say, buy the PS3 versions and import the songs from there?
  • Sorry. I didn't quite understand it at first. I apologize.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2015
    Mushroom said:

ZosoBaron said:
    Yeah, that was in reply to me, looks like if I want any of the previous disc songs, I've got to buy an Xbox One
    I have proof of this tweet being true via xbox.com. This is the link for the export key:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/0ccf0099-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Note the similarities and differences to some DLC I'm posting below. Here's "Runnin' Wild", an Airbourne song removed from the store in 2010:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/0ccf00e3-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Now here's "My Curse", a Killswitch Engage song that was in the same pack as "Runnin' Wild" but is still available to purchase:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/My-Curse/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-00e045410829

Finally here's "The Arms of Sorrow", another Killswitch Engage song but this was released later for Rock Band (2012) and is still purchasable:
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/The-Arms-of-Sorrow-Killswitch-Engage/c47dbf11-9ad4-4813-acf2-f775116b64f9

As you can see the removed content has the form "http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/" followed by a code whereas the still available content has the form "http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/" followed by the file name and then another code. I expect that when you try to purchase the export key it'll come up with some sort of error code. The "GB" part is just because I'm from the UK, there's "US" for the US, "CA" for Canada, etc.

• JepMasta said:

Well, here's my problem. I owned a 360. I sold it to get funds to buy a PS4. Well. I owned RB1, 2, & 3, and had a ton of songs from all of them. Is there a way I can say, buy the PS3 versions and import the songs from there?

Your best bet is actually probably to buy an Xbox One somewhere down the line, assuming you still have your old gamertag.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    Grumble, I can confirm that the export key is still for sale on the PS3.
  • Yeah I just bought the RB1 export key on PSN today, so happy I wasn't too late.
  • The Rock Band Twitter said if you have purchased the Rock Band 1 export key you should be able to download the RB1 songs in RB4.
  • If I bought Rock Band Blitz from the Playstation Store would that be enough to export it to RB4? I don't have a PS3 and the Blitz songs are a separate download to the game.

If I bought Rock Band Blitz from the Playstation Store would that be enough to export it to RB4? I don't have a PS3 and the Blitz songs are a separate download to the game.

Not sure. Trying to remember if it made you "purchase" the free package afterwards or not. I think you had to as it didn't show up in your DL history till you went into the game. You can certainly try.

Know a friend with a PS3? Just borrow his to buy it. Bonus points if you can get your friend into Rock Band as well.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    Bront20 said:

If I bought Rock Band Blitz from the Playstation Store would that be enough to export it to RB4? I don't have a PS3 and the Blitz songs are a separate download to the game.

Not sure. Trying to remember if it made you "purchase" the free package afterwards or not. I think you had to as it didn't show up in your DL history till you went into the game. You can certainly try.
    It did make you purchase a separate download, according to my download history...

Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack Game Addon 8/29/2012
    Rock Band Blitz Arcade Game 8/29/2012

I don't remember the process, however. Not sure if I had to start the game to download it or not. Been too long ago to remember.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    Sayburr said:

I don't remember the process, however. Not sure if I had to start the game to download it or not. Been too long ago to remember.

I'm pretty sure I remember it prompting once you booted up? Yeah, it's been a while.
  • Blitz export was free

Might've had a separate download but you definitely didn't have to pay for it
  • Fane1024Fane1024 Opening Act
    I also feel like we had to launch the game, but that may not matter for RB4, since it will show the purchase.
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    edited September 2015

Since certain people have been clamoring for disc songs as DLC with expired exports.

It's still no.

This was posted on another topic, VERY relevant for this one too. There's your answer for a lot of our queries

They also said this:

Which is SLIGHTLY less definitive, but still a no
    SmashMan said:

Sayburr said:

I'm pretty sure I remember it prompting once you booted up? Yeah, it's been a while.
    It did prompt you once it booted up. I'm trying to remember if you DL it prior to that prompt or not. I don't think so.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi guys! I'm from Russia and I will tell you a story how did I finally get a Rock Band 2 export code for PS3. My PNS account is registered to UK. First, I went to help.ea.com and it redirected me to russian website. There was no button "Chat now" at all! So I contacted russian support via phone. The guy on the other side of the line did not even know such a game that I was talking about. Then he realized that this game is on PS3 and happily said that they do not provide support for console game. OKay. Then I tried to get "Chat" button to work on EA website. I used USA proxy servers and that button appeared! First advisor send me a copypaste from Harmonix website about "After 5 years of availability the export license has expired... bla bla bla...". After that I contacted EA chat support about ten times. Some advisors told me that could not help me and some gave me a code. After having seven codes from them I finally got a code that worked! So I confirm that it is still possible to get a valid code from EA support. I'm really happy now. :smile:
  • My PNS account

While I'm happy you got your code, I can't help but giggle at that typo.

• Okay I purchased the RB1 export key from the PSN, but it says it's for PS3 only. What do I need to do?
  • Ok. What I mean is, does anyone know if I need the RB1 disc or not?
    edited September 2015
    JepMasta said:

Okay I purchased the RB1 export key from the PSN, but it says it's for PS3 only. What do I need to do?

It is for the PS3 only, because there's no Rock Band on the PS4 till HMX launches it (no later than October 6th, possibly earlier). When they migrate everything, you'll be able to download it on the PS4.

If you want to play the songs on the PS3, you need the RB1 disc to run the export so you can play the songs in RB2, RB3, Lego, or Blitz
  • Just curious, why can't someone just purchase this export key from the Marketplace for Lego Rock Band? Will that not allow the tracks to populate in RB4?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0376-0000-4000-8000-000045410829
  • edited September 2015

Just curious, why can't someone just purchase this export key from the Marketplace for Lego Rock Band? Will that not allow the tracks to populate in RB4?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0376-0000-4000-8000-000045410829

Unfortunately if you attempt to buy it, it will display an error.
  • Shmo said:

Just curious, why can't someone just purchase this export key from the Marketplace for Lego Rock Band? Will that not allow the tracks to populate in RB4?

Unfortunately if you attempt to buy it, it will display an error.
    Damn, thanks anyways.

Well "Not at this time" gives one very small silver lining. But, even if they don't end up re-releasing the songs from L:RB (or the other games), I can always just play the L:RB songs on L:RB.

And as for the "completes the album" thing, the only case that applies to me is Fire from Are You Experienced, but technically that is completed by the live version in the store. Hence why it is actually Are You Experienced: Rock Band Edition.

Indeed, and it's not like Fire is the only song replaced with a Live version in the download either.

I've always pondered if I wanted to get the live version of Fire. I usually end up deciding on a different song instead of a different version of a song I already have.
  • I'm indeed new to RB, so thanks for tackling this topic with a guide. Maybe it's cause I'm not a native, or cause I'm missing some context, but I'm a bit confused on whether there is any point for me to invest in old RB discs. So I hope you don't mind me bluntly asking:
    RB4 on PS4 will be my first ever RB title, and I am interested in the tracklist of the predecessors. Is there any title that would be worth buying, installing on PS3, exporting somehow in order to be able to import it into the PS4 version of RB4? Or are previously on-disc released songs also available as DLC? I'd be greatful for some further guidance! Just in case that has an impact: I'm EU region, things are sometimes more complicated here on the PSN... :(

Thanks! :)
  • Bauer91Bauer91 Unsigned
    edited September 2015
    patdj182 said:

I'm indeed new to RB, so thanks for tackling this topic with a guide. Maybe it's cause I'm not a native, or cause I'm missing some context, but I'm a bit confused on whether there is any point for me to invest in old RB discs. So I hope you don't mind me bluntly asking:
    RB4 on PS4 will be my first ever RB title, and I am interested in the tracklist of the predecessors. Is there any title that would be worth buying, installing on PS3, exporting somehow in order to be able to import it into the PS4 version of RB4? Or are previously on-disc released songs also available as DLC? I'd be greatful for some further guidance! Just in case that has an impact: I'm EU region, things are sometimes more complicated here on the PSN... :(

Thanks! :)

At the very least I'd recommend getting the RB1 export key from the PSN store. You don't need the RB1 disc (unless you want the songs in RB2/RB3/Blitz), just buy the export key from the store and you should be good to go with 55 new songs for RB4. :)