Rock Band 4 Export Guide - Unofficial

Comments

• Have been ever one case of a song excluded from the store and then return later?
    I really want take don't stop believin by Journey.
    LoopyChew said:

sake73 said:

HMXOwl said:

sake73 said:

Is anyone selling the account PSN USA, with RB1,2 and Lego Export?

Buying and selling is not allowed on these forums, while buying and selling console accounts is against the Terms of Service you agreed to on that console and will get profiles banned.
    sorry.

Your best chance is to request songs from those games at rockband.com/request. Can't guarantee it, but every request helps!
    Have been ever one case of a song excluded from the store and then return later?
  • sake73 said:

Have been ever one case of a song excluded from the store and then return later?

That is one delisted song Im sure is in high demand. I purchased it back in the day, and my wife complains it isn't on RB4 yet! Im sure a Journey pack DLC would be a top seller.
  • thrazle said:

sake73 said:

That is one delisted song Im sure is in high demand. I purchased it back in the day, and my wife complains it isn't on RB4 yet! Im sure a Journey pack DLC would be a top seller.

• Just found some news on remaining exports for EU players on ps4

Rock Band 2: January 2017
    AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack: February 2017
    Lego Rock Band: March 2017
    Green Day: Rock Band: April 2017
    Rock Band Blitz: April 2017
    Rock Band 2 – 20 Free Songs: May 2017
    Rock Band™ Track Pack Vol. 2: May 2017

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/12/22/harmonix-to-bring-remaining-rock-band-dlc-exports-to-ps4-from-january/
  • I'm hoping I'm just being brain dead about something obvious here, since I don't see anybody else complaining about this problem I'm having...

Okay, on an Xbox One I just installed Rock Band 4. I purchased the RB3 Export pack no problem, but as I am on a slow connection I didn't download all the songs right away. I did download about ten, and played them no problem.

Now, the next day, when I navigate to the Store to download the rest, I'm being told, "You already own RB3 Export Pack. You can get it in your games and apps collection."

Well, no, as far as I can see I cannot. It just isn't listed, and I cannot find the option to redownload. The individual songs don't show up in the store either. Refreshing song library didn't help.

I admit I'm a newb to the Xbox One (just got it for Christmas), so what am I missing here?

Thanks in advance any help anyone can give.
  • shimwoodshimwood Opening Act
    When on the main screen for your XBOX, highlight Rock Band 4 and then hit the button with the horizontal lines on it. One of the options should be to manage the game and from there you should have an option for Ready to Install on the left-hand side of the screen. The songs should hopefully be listed there.
  • shimwood said:

When on the main screen for your XBOX, highlight Rock Band 4 and then hit the button with the horizontal lines on it. One of the options should be to manage the game and from there you should have an option for Ready to Install on the left-hand side of the screen. The songs should hopefully be listed there.

That was just the thing!

Thanks for the quick response. :smiley:
  • I don't know if this is a dumb question, but can I buy RB3 DLC for RB4? I have a Xbox One, but not a 360, so if I buy DLC songs from RB3, will they be playable on RB4?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star

I don't know if this is a dumb question, but can I buy RB3 DLC for RB4? I have a Xbox One, but not a 360, so if I buy DLC songs from RB3, will they be playable on RB4?

Yes. If you buy a DLC song from the 360 webstore, you will be entitled to it on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One games. From there the song should be in your Ready To Install menu under Manage Game in My Games and Apps.

The old songs are also in the in-game RB4 store. However, if you buy them there, you are NOT entitled to the Xbox 360 version.

Either way, yes, you get them for RB4.

Also, currently Rock Band Network songs (identified by the words Full Song before the track name on Xbox 360 webstore) are not supported in RB4. It is hopeful that they will work on enabling these after they fix delisted song entitlements, but no guarantees have been made.
  • OK, thank you!
  • you can use a second hand disc to get the rb3 export I have done it on another account you just need to start the game and play one song on ps3 or xb360 the on your xbone or ps4 start the game up and it should let you buy the rb3 export.
  • edited December 2016
    Any export codes for Rock Band 2 (PS3) lying around? I figured I'd give it a shot here.
  • DynamiteDanDynamiteDan Unsigned
    edited January 5
    Hey, Could someone tell me if you can still export track packs on x360 please? And do you need the disc and the code or just the code?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

Hey, Could someone tell me if you can still export track packs on x360 please? And do you need the disc and the code or just the code?

Track packs should still be exportable provided you have a fresh code. You only need the code.
  • DynamiteDanDynamiteDan Unsigned
    edited January 5
    LoopyChew said:

Track packs should still be exportable provided you have a fresh code. You only need the code.
    Thanks a lot. That's what I thought was true.

Do you know where I reedeem them? Is it an xbox code? Sorry it's a stupid question.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

LoopyChew said:

Thanks a lot. That's what I thought was true.

Do you know where I reedeem them? Is it an xbox code? Sorry it's a stupid question.
    Yes, they're redeemed as Xbox codes, like for gift cards and the like.
  • Combed the forums, but still couldn't find any tangible answer to this, so hoping someone here can help.

I have 7 tracks I purchased in RB3 that weren't exported to RB4 - the 5 songs in the Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks pack (purchased January 2015), "Under Pressure" - Queen/David Bowie (purchased December 2014) and "Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)" - Styx (previously part of a Styx/REO pack.)

I know in the case of Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks and Styx the packs were delisted/expired, however I was under the impression once I bought it before I could export it. Furthermore, I was able to migrate the "I'm With The Chili Peppers" pack after it was delisted from RB3 to RB4, so I'm a little confused.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
  • AbraxenAbraxen Unsigned
    So this is probably a dumb question, but I keep seeing "expired".

Long story short I have Rock Band 1, 2, and Lego songs exported to PS3 Rock Band 3. With online multiplayer coming out I've been tempted to get a PS4 and Rock Band 4. Am I still good to export? I'm assuming the "expired" pertains to buying the codes if you don't already have them.
  • Correct
  • wub901wub901 Unsigned
    For European players exports dates

Rock Band 2: January 2017
    AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack: February 2017
    Lego Rock Band: March 2017
    Green Day: Rock Band: April 2017
    Rock Band Blitz: April 2017
    Rock Band 2 – 20 Free Songs: May 2017
    Rock Band™ Track Pack Vol. 2: May 2017

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/12/a-note-from-harmonix-to-european-rock-band-fans/
  • Hey guys,
    I have been searching for a long while now and can't find answers on how to download the Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik album from the PSN Store to my PS 4 (RB4). From what I can tell it's been delisted, but since I already bought it and played it in Rock Band 3 doesn't that mean I am entitled to export it to Rock Band 4 along with the other DLC?

It was a pricey but of DLC for $20! and I barely had a chance to play it in Rock Band 3 since my guitar broke for it. I'd really love to have it in RB4.

Also, is there an official and up to date Rock Band 3 (disc + DLC) >> To >> Rock Band 4 (PS4) Import Guide available?
    I keep seeing many unofficial guides where the links are dead, or they show as UNAVILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD when I click on them.

Thanks!
  • @spoonmanx HMX is still working on fixes for non-delisted DLC. Delisted DLC will be resolved later this year.
  • @spoonmanx Rock Band 3 Export is pretty easy to do, just get a Rock Band 3 game, a Rock Band 4 game and make sure they have the same console family (PS3 and PS4 for Playstation), then do the following.
    - Turn on your Playstation 3, Play your Rock Band 3 game and get an Achievement for that game.
    - Now Turn off your Playstation 3, turn on your Playstation 4, and do the following:
    - If you're doing it from the PSN Shop itself, go to search, look up Rock Band 3 and it should show Rock Band 3 Export.
    - If you're doing it from your Rock Band 4 game, then go to Music Shop, and go to Browse Shop and go down and you'll see an option called Export. Go to there and go to Rock Band 3. Keep in mind that you have to pay for the Export ($14.99 for all the songs in Rock Band 3.)

I hope this helped.
  • @spoonmanx HMX is still working on fixes for non-delisted DLC. Delisted DLC will be resolved later this year.

Thanks for the reply.

So later this year, as in closer to 2018?
    I really wish Harmonix was working on getting all of the RB DLC importing working before starting on Rock Band Rivals.

I was also under the impression that online co-op was going to be added to Rock Band 4 via and update patch, and not a $30 purchase.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 18
    @spoonmanx Well it's basically that delisted will be worked on when exports and other DLC has been fixed. Here's the status so far of exports and non-delisted DLC left to be fixed:

XB1
    - Rock Band Free 01

PS4 NA
    - Livin' on a Prayer (RB2 export)
    - 8 HMX songs (RB1 export)
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - Depeche Mode 01
    - a load of standalone singles (~20-30)

PS4 EU
    - entire RB2 export except Chop Suey
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - entire LRB export
    - entire AC/DC and Track Pack 2 track packs
    - entire RB2 20 free pack
    - a load of standalone singles and packs (not sure how much)
    - Unknown status on whether they will get any of the 8 EU bonus songs that exported from the EU version of RB1

Hope this helps.
  • @spoonmanx Well it's basically that delisted will be worked on when exports and other DLC has been fixed. Here's the status so far of exports and non-delisted DLC left to be fixed:

XB1
    - Rock Band Free 01

PS4 NA
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - Depeche Mode 01

PS4 EU
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - entire LRB export
    - Unknown status on whether they will get any of the 8 EU bonus songs that exported from the EU version of RB1

Hope this helps.

What about the full album DLC for Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik?
    I haven't been able to find that. Not only that, but they did have some of the singles from it up on the US PSN store, but they've all apparently been removed and the links are dead.
    edited January 18
    @spoonmanx Like I said, Blood Sugar Sex Magik is delisted and so will be dealt with after the exports and non-delisted DLC has been fixed. As for a few songs from the album being up on US PSN, that was an error as those are delisted.
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

@spoonmanx Well it's basically that delisted will be worked on when exports and other DLC has been fixed. Here's the status so far of exports and non-delisted DLC left to be fixed:

XB1
    - Rock Band Free 01

PS4 NA
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - Depeche Mode 01

PS4 EU
    - Rock Band Free 01
    - entire LRB export

Hope this helps.

The HMX RB1 export songs are also missing in XB1, just FYI (or have I missed something?)
    edited January 18
    @MemoDLSG Some have said they're fixed. I can't verify as I've had the 30 pack which included those and other HMX songs in RB4 since RB4 launch.