Fallout 4

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
A little more than two months out, time to start a thread.

Who's going into the wastlands and what are you looking forward too?

Confirmed features so far:

The map is the size of Skyrim but has twice the assets. (Meaning it's huge and packed)
50+ base weapons with over 700 attachments... all made with objects from the world.
Layering armor (You'll see belts, pads, holsters) and customization of power armor.
70 perks that can all be leveled up multiple times
160,000+ lines of dialog
Fully create-able cities that can be connected for trade routes

This game is going to be huge.

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Deathclaws are sent to your house for canceled preorders...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    Oh man, so hype. I can't wait for this
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    I have reconsidered and kept my preorder...at my current level I am no match for a deathclaw and I'm too old too run.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I want a railroad rifle with a sniper scope. That way when my enemies die, they'll vaguely think they heard a train somewhere in the distance.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I bought my PS3 specifically so I could play Fallout 3 and roam around the post-apocalyptic version of my city. It freaked me out too much, I never escaped the vault. But I'd still like to try it, someday!

Apparently I pre-ordered the PIP Boy version so I guess I'll be playing it.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    I got the PIP Boy version too. Now I just need a PS4.
    And Payday PS4 and GTA PS4 and a turtle beach headset to show off your glorious accent.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    I am looking forward to this release... I hope I have time to play in-between Rock Band sessions... gigs... shows... whatever they are called these days.
  • Clearing up my harddrive right now. Have a feeling there will be a massive explosion of stupid fun fallout videos.
  • Fallout 4 will be set in Boston... guess wich game company is also from Boston.

Well, now I want a flamethrower guitar!!
  • Wildcat15 said:

Fallout 4 will be set in Boston... guess wich game company is also from Boston.

Well, now I want a flamethrower guitar!!

Amplitude HD early demo in Fallout 4 confirmed
  • NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited September 2015
    The game already has a Miracle of Sound song. Pretty catchy.

Edit: Whoa, the forums have embedded videos again!
  • I actually had no idea the song was written for Fallout. I remember it being featured in the trailer at E3, but just thought it was another forgotten gem like the retro songs the series typically uses. That said, I'm super pumped to know they're creating original material for the soundtrack.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior

Umm, yeah... as of December 2013 or so when the new forums rolled out, IIRC.
    How can you not get pumped with this trailer?

• Strength is important and this new video will show you why.
    Sweet they've started the SPECIAL videos. They said they would do one a week.
    This site is extreme speculation but has some interesting ideas and has been pieced together by available info. It ranges to probable (ghoulification) to wishful thinking (riding Yoa Gua's!) (Which is no different from elephants in Far Cry 4 so maybe it's not that wild)
    @Dadasaurus Rex This is a few of the things that'll make this game great.

• NoMoreVillainsNoMoreVillains DIY Bacon
    edited September 2015
    Witticus said:

I actually had no idea the song was written for Fallout. I remember it being featured in the trailer at E3, but just thought it was another forgotten gem like the retro songs the series typically uses. That said, I'm super pumped to know they're creating original material for the soundtrack.

Actually, the song was released last week. The guy performing it does songs based off of games, tv shows, and movies. His Half-life 2 song is on RBN.
    bclewis said:

Umm, yeah... as of December 2013 or so when the new forums rolled out, IIRC.
    I'm not on here very much, so I'm out of the loop.
  • A friend of mine is playing Fallout Shelter and begging everyone not to do it. Massive time suck. I am holding strong.

And that just a silly app! The full game? OMG how am I not going to lose my job and / or marriage when it comes out?
  • I wouldn't call it a massive time suck. You run a little vault, but after the initial setup of everything, you can make it fairly self sustained as many of the objectives require coming back hours from then. I'd say I invest maybe 15 minutes into it a day.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Witticus said:

I wouldn't call it a massive time suck. You run a little vault, but after the initial setup of everything, you can make it fairly self sustained as many of the objectives require coming back hours from then. I'd say I invest maybe 15 minutes into it a day.

I just started my vault (area code 512 - REPRESENT!!!) last Friday... Yeah, not a huge time sink, but definitely fun.
  • I enjoy it. I have 150 residents, got a bunch of brutes in power armor I send to scour the wasteland. My resources are steady and the only thing that gives me any trouble are the constant goddam death claws...
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I haven't gotten nearly that far yet... Think I have 30 something dwellers, but it seems like progress is fairly constant and gameplay is fun...
  • Does your progress carry over in any way to the final game? I'm guessing "no".
    I'm sure it's awesome but I'm finding that I already have too many "just 15 minutes a day" games running and it adds up to hours and it's ruined my PS4 experience [since I have no time to play that now]. I'll need to massively reshuffle my priorities by 10/6. If that means that my Angry Birds and Clans get disappointed in me and slowly die off, so be it.
  • It's time for the letter "P" in sPecial!

edited September 2015
    E is for Endurance!