Fallout 4

Comments

• wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    I chose minutemen ending as my endgame. didn't like anyone else and could only barely stand the minutemen.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    anybody building Vault 88 up?
    So, I said "screw it" and I took the BOS ending as the file I'm going to keep playing. I like seeing that airship floating up there and the rank of Sentinel sounded sweet.

I also walked around and talked to NPCs and they all seemed to be relieved the Institute was gone. Too bad I lost Deacon, but that's war.....

I also am now trying to round up all those provisioners that are just walking back and forth between empty settlements and actually sending them to places where they can be of service. That part is kind of annoying, since you basically just have to wait at each unlocked settlement.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    I'm one of the few masochist's that has 4 separate saves files, one for each faction. My current and final play is just starting the institute quests for their ending. I've only finished automatron on my RR save and Fah Hahba on my current one. I kind of want to go back and play FH again since their are different finishing options but I've gotten used to Survival and I'd have to convert 2 saves before going. That would only require dumping around 8000 rounds of ammo on 2 characters. My RR save is already in survival so that would be my first option.

This is one of the few times my current save file is on pace with the current DLC so I plan on heading to 88 rather soon. Haven't gotten into the workshops much but vaulting seems like it'll be fun.
  • Has anyone done the quest Kid on a fridge?
    So many lolz
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Great quest. Especially if you just stumble across it.
    Wildcat15 said:

Has anyone done the quest Kid on a fridge?
    So many lolz

I agree with @Lawdog1521 - i just fell upon this quest just randomly. I'm curious to know how people approached it.

I played the nice guy.
  • I murdered the guy who wanted to buy the kid
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    There are so many great quests thst come out of nowhere. My favorite quest in the entire game is where you meet Drinking Buddy.
    drinking buddy is the best.

good times
  • It is not a quest, but my favorite moment is finding the guy who will sell you a credit card

I bought it from him, and he called me a sucker... so I pick-pocketed all my money back
  • edited August 2016

I murdered the guy who wanted to buy the kid

I am also pretty sure I told him no, then sneaked back and murdered him. Kid didn't mind.
    I was expecting to find the skeletons of the parents.
    After realizing the quest was for the lolz, reloaded, sell the kid, killed the guy and took the kid home.
    I refused to sell the kid, then the guy jumped me with his buddy's at the kids parents house. My .44 then took over negotiations.
  • No one else found it weird as hell?
    Hey, I'm in a world with giant man eating crabs and robot sex. When things happen, I roll with it.

Janggles the Moon Monkey could ride by on a Deathclaw and it wouldn't phase me.
  • Wildcat15 said:

No one else found it weird as hell?

Nah, it was one of very few moments in the game that actually FELT like Fallout. 4 is severely lacking in personality.
    It reminded me to Mel Gibson trying to rob you in 3 and the crusades of 2.
  • Witticus said:

There are so many great quests thst come out of nowhere. My favorite quest in the entire game is where you meet Drinking Buddy.

Sent him to my most developed settlement, then placed all his chilled beers around the place.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    This is really well done.

I agree, that was great!

Also: NUKA WORLD. Time to become a Raider Overlord
  • I am pretty excited to play Nuka World, I took the day off because of Jury Duty but they did not need the group I was in.... so I have all day to play

I am pretty excited to play Nuka World, I took the day off because of Jury Duty but they did not need the group I was in.... so I have all day to play

Nice
  • Haven't played in a month or so. Debating starting Nuka World on my old, heavily modded character or a new playthrough...
    do you really want to start over? I say keep rocking your original character, let that character see the whole game and all DLC.
  • My save file is over 200 hours. I have a few other characters already too. With mods, my original save file definitely gets crashy sometimes, and without mods the load times still take a lot longer. Next time I boot it up I'll prob just look around it with my main. But I love starting new characters.
    well, that Vault 88 is a big hole. I had a legendary mythic deathclaw almost kill me because I wasn't paying attention while scrapping a wall or a lunch box or something.

of course I was over encumbered too, because I was picking up a bunch of stuff and scrapping the rest, so my VATS was not an option.

I miss the good ol' days of Fallout 3, when I could cripple a deathclaw's legs with that poison dart gun then double barrel shotgun it's face off with little resistance. well, not really, but you get the idea
    There is a dart gun...
  • There is a gun that shoots 12 mini nukes at the same time.

There is a dart gun...

yeah, the syringer or something? It's just not the same
    yeah, there are a ton of recipes for the syringer which offer a much wider variety of effects, which is nice.
    I don't get the point of the bloat fly thing but I do like making people die ala Alien.