Fallout 4

Comments

• Sony, your problems are only supposed to be in Europe!
  • Sony, you are such a buzzkill.

Coincidentally, that would be a great name for a weapon based on bloat flies.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Yeah, not surprising.

We talked about this the other night. I think Sony is shooting themselves in the foot. This Christmas they'll have 3 separate SKU's, the PS4 slim, the PS4 Pro, and the VR. It's just going to confuse the consumer. Add to that this time next year MS will be showing off a vastly more powerful machine in the Scorpion, essentially making all these new Sony SKU's old tech.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    I feel like I don't want to do the Vault 88 objectives. is there any reason to finish it?
    No one likes a quitter.
  • To make your own vault of course. You think fixing up the truck stop was time consuming?
    Oh hey - MODS are out for PS4. And they work! Well most of them
    Any good ones?
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2016
    Hopefully the best from PC and Xbone will come to PS4. Some of my favorites are Green In the Commonwealth (Visual overhaul), No Settlement Build Limits (Make enormous cities for your settlers), and of course, the Real Firearms mod (adds hundreds of real firearms and thousands of modifications).

And, of course, if you want Macho Man Deathclaws, they have that too...
  • Hopefully the best from PC and Xbone will come to PS4. Some of my favorites are Green In the Commonwealth (Visual overhaul), No Settlement Build Limits (Make enormous cities for your settlers), and of course, the Real Firearms mod (adds hundreds of real firearms and thousands of modifications).

And, of course, if you want Macho Man Deathclaws, they have that too...

Unlikely. Sony is so strict on the mods thing that we are even lucky to have any...
    So, I basically check the mods listing each day and keep pulling down the ones I like. I have a pretty large library, but don't activate them all at once.... but there are some FUN ones.

Once you activate them (on PS4) the system creates a new save file [M] and disables trophies.

if you care about trophies AND want to use the mods, obviously buck up and trophy hunt.

OTHERWISE, it's great for post campaign cleanup - and I do mean CLEAN. UP. People be making some crazy cheats and ridiculously overpowered weapons.

Be careful what you download and activate - you can god mode your character really easily and take out all the fun if you're not careful
  • Recently got this game and I'm addicted to it. Going to name robots I create in the game after metal artists in the robot factory.
  • Recently got this game and I'm addicted to it. Going to name robots I create in the game after metal artists in the robot factory.

I used to go by "Iron Maiden" in the boxing ring in Fallout 2
    my favorite 'bot I made had aussaultron legs, and a sentry bot upper body. he launched clusterbombs from his shoulder cannons, and had laser minigun 'hands'.

I put a Jangles head on him and named him 'Furious George'

All my best settlements had robots like him for guards.

i do dumb stuff when I drink.
    edited June 27
    well, now I've stepped in it.

I have downloaded and activated around 90 out of 100 possible MODS (PS4) and created a new character. I mucked with the load order to make sure everything works just right.

I have 8K Carry weight limit, 64K of each resource at all settlements (no supply lines needed), every weapon and armor item is legendary of some kind, and never drain fusion cores.

That's just the beginning. My AP is through the roof, I'm basically a walking demigod - the dregs of the wasteland have to really work hard to kill me because if they don't, my health bar refills as soon as damage stops coming in. I have an un-killable eyebot companion (like the little tyke from New Vegas) and Dogmeat is a stone cold killer.

Sanctuary has almost 1K units of power, so many turrets that even the Enclave couldn't take over the settlement, two lighthouses, a new bridge, and nothing but giant, lush and beautiful green trees. Almost every object in the game is at my disposal for decoration and/or form-function purposes. I have two Liberty Primes at the front gate. I have a tank in front of my old house. I'm off the rails, you guys.

I've only discovered a couple other settlements so far, but a mod I have activated walls them off, using the Covenant base model walls. All have a 9K height limit (though I don't dare go that high) and no build limit.

this game is almost two years old now, and here I am back messing around with it. I have a full year's worth of games from 2016 I have yet to play and I'm stuck spending half an hour getting the fog condensers to look 'just right' in front of my lighthouses in Sanctuary.

The game crashes on me occasionally, so I have to be diligent about my save frequency - even more so than ever before - but do I let that stop me?!

I need some professional help.
    well. That's it. 2 Years in the wasteland and I am officially done.

what a wild ride!

My first play-through (Mod Free) I sided with and finished the game with the Brotherhood. I had to kill Deacon and the rest of the Railroad, which I didn't really like, but I had already pledged loyalty to Elder Maxson and sometimes stuff happens.

My first play-through also saw a peaceful resolution to the threat of The Mechanist, a cleansed and rebuilt (and functioning Vault-88), the destruction of the Children of Atom and saving of Far Harbor, and finally becoming the Overboss that Nuka World Deserved - at the expense of my Minutemen's devotion and Preston's respect.

My Commonwealth settlements hovered around 80-90 % happiness no matter what I did, but things seemed to be ok, and fit with a post-apocalyptic aesthetic.

Playthrough two - fully modded up the butt - proved to be quite exciting, as I waded through the commonwealth like a vengeful demigod, with limitless resources at my disposal. I replaced 'ghouls' with 'zombies', making head-shots the only effective way to kill them, and then populated concord with a massive horde that would re-spawn for my murderous enjoyment. Nothing like mowing through hundreds of zombies with a mini gun that shoots explosive AND incendiary rounds while wearing unbreakable power armor to get the blood pumping! I sometimes went melee crazy as well, using a special electrified assaultron blade that vaporized opponents on critical hit for a real Dead Rising feel. Dogmeat was a cold blooded killing machine, clearing rooms before I could even un-holster a weapon in many cases, never even needing a stimpak. We were stone cold killers.

I sided and finished the campaign with the Minutemen this time, but also remained in the good graces of both the Brotherhood and the Railroad, maintaining balance between all factions of the Commonwealth for the betterment of all.

I destroyed the Mechanist and her lair, killed everything in Vault 88 and left it in ruins, then helped Dima place a synth in control the Children of Atom, leaving Far harbor in a relatively stable condition. I destroyed every single last raider in Nuka World (sorry Gage, but you annoyed me) and left Nuka World to return to it's post apocalyptic glory of Trading Post without the three idiot factions vying for power.

Most of my settlements reached 100 % happiness (no trophy due to mods) with limitless power and countless laser turrets to deter any attackers. I also had mods to allow for Assaultrons and Mr Gutsy defenders at each settlement so any attackers were destroyed upon sight. I had access to prewar furniture, buildings and junking abilities, which left my dominion looking more like a pre-war era than a wasteland.

and that's it.

I finally feel like I have done everything that the game had to offer, be it modded or not. Am I happy it took two years? Well, no, but two kids and a severe lack of time to veg out will do that to you.

so farewell, Commonwealth. Farewell, Shaun. Farewell to all my romantic partners and casual encounters. Farewell to the best android buddy a 200 year old meat-popsicle could have hoped to meet, and to the best dog ever.

hopefull now I can play all those games that came out in 2016 and most of 2017.
    Still stuff to do. Since I've had no internet I've driven my survival character up to level 160 and I'm still finding new stuff.