European PS4: Don't Stop Believing and Smooth Criminal

Comments

• In Germany only one or two Amazon Songs are higher than the others. PS4/XB1 preorder songs still at 1,49EUR
  • I've bought several songs from the PS Store website but after download they kept saying waiting to install, I ran the game but the songs were still not recognized, any ideas?
  • rb3 export already confirmed.

Apologies @Michael080869 - I thought it was still at the "we're working on it/looking into it" stage.
  • Michael080869Michael080869 Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    No Problem man, we are all a big family :smiley:
    I read it just before your post here
  • The PS Plus preorder songs are not yet available for purchase, right?

In case somebody is struggling to download Amazon preorder songs onto PS4. I went into the store on the console, found one of the songs, it was marked as "Purchased", downloaded it and that triggered all 34 songs to be downloaded.
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    @patdj182 sure they are. except Divide, Mona Lisa and Cowboys from Hell are missing.
  • rb3 export already confirmed.

It is? Well that`s great news! How will it work? Link?

Yay!

• All they've said is that you will need your disc. (digital version is fine).
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    So apparently Rock Band Network Megamix 01 is coming to the PS4 store as well. It sits right there in the in-game store, the price field currently just shows the dots.

On the X360, was it free, or did it cost money?
  • This is like the biggest **** I've ever experienced, I am new to RockBand and didn't know about this uploading/converting ****. I just went to the ingame store and purchased songs for 30€. Now not a single song is available. What **** up company let you spend your money on things that don't even exist.
  • This is like the biggest **** I've ever experienced, I am new to RockBand and didn't know about this uploading/converting ****. I just went to the ingame store and purchased songs for 30€. Now not a single song is available. What **** up company let you spend your money on things that don't even exist.

Yeah it's a pity that the game store doesn't reflect what's live to download and what's not, but it's not really anything to do with converting but having the tracks uploaded to the store. HMX have said they submitted all the content in what would be considered good time for it to be live pre-launch.

It seems that HMX assumed that SCEE would have everything uploaded by now, as seems to be the case for the majority of tracks in other regions and on other platforms.
  • edited October 2015
    Fuzzbap said:

HMX have said they submitted all the content in what would be considered good time for it to be live pre-launch.

Have you got a source for this? The current state of RB4 is a complete joke, and the store is just another devastatingly poor nail in the coffin.

Regardless of the state of the PSN store's content, HMX should -not- be letting people purchase items that aren't available for download. It should all be toggled and activated as and when. It would also be nice to have a concrete position from HMX from some sort of in-game message; you know, for the MAJORITY of people that have the game that aren't going to know what's going on?

Frankly, it's all **** poor.
  • Fuzzbap said:

HMX have said they submitted all the content in what would be considered good time for it to be live pre-launch.

Have you got a source for this? The current state of RB4 is a complete joke, and the store is just another devastatingly poor nail in the coffin.

Regardless of the state of the PSN store's content, HMX should -not- be letting people purchase items that aren't available for download. It should all be toggled and activated as and when. It would also be nice to have a concrete position from HMX from some sort of in-game message; you know, for the MAJORITY of people that have the game that aren't going to know what's going on?

Frankly, it's all **** poor.
    Most of these issues can be solely blamed on SCEE.

• Most of these issues can be solely blamed on SCEE.

As I said, I'd like to see a concrete source on the lack of store content. But a contingency against what is happening lies purely on Harmonix's shoulders. I can purchase songs from a menu in their game, that do not exist on the hardware's store platform. That is entirely Harmonix's fault and they should have something in place to stop this from happening, or message players. Communication is key, especially when we're dealing with money.

What they've done is leave it all alone, and provide no (or no easy to locate) official response. All we have is a guessing game as to what is going to appear and when.

• edited October 2015
    DLC songs have been added on a daily basis. SCEE works differently from the US, if at all, we have seen this before (other RB games, Rocksmith, ...). The DLC not being up in it's entity is due to same reasons for which there was no European PSN Preorder: SCEE complexities (or incompetence, depending on your mindset). And complaining about 1.700 songs not being completely available 5 days after launch, well, you clearly never had SCEE-related problems before.

Also: "What **** up company let you spend your money on things that don't even exist."
    Answer: All of them. It's called preorder.

Now calm down and wait, or hit the PS Support and demand a refund. Ranting here won't make this go quicker.
  • edited October 2015

Fuzzbap said:

Regardless of the state of the PSN store's content, HMX should -not- be letting people purchase items that aren't available for download. I
    And the most annoying thing for me is, that they aren't doing anything about this. I purchased all these not-available songs on wednesday and today they're still in the in-game shop ready to be bought. So they're making more and more people buy stuff, that isn't actually available. How **** up is this.
  • At the moment you should use the PSN Website to buy Songs.
    Everything that is listed there should be available to download.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de-de/spiel/rock-band/cid=EP0006-BLES00228_00-DISCONLYPARENT00:ADD-ONS|platform~ps4|release_date~desc

Fuzzbap said:

Regardless of the state of the PSN store's content, HMX should -not- be letting people purchase items that aren't available for download. I
    And the most annoying thing for me is, that they aren't doing anything about this. I purchased all these not-available songs on wednesday and today they're still in the in-game shop ready to be bought. So they're making more and more people buy stuff, that isn't actually available. How **** up is this.
  • patdj182 said:

DLC songs have been added on a daily basis. S
    Also: "What **** up company let you spend your money on things that don't even exist."

Now calm down and wait, or hit the PS Support and demand a refund. Ranting here won't make this go quicker.

Only if you call it preorder and u know you're actually preordering something. If I buy a new TV on amazon and AFTER I bought it they tell me it was a **** preorder or it isn't actually available at the moment and I'll get my TV in 10 weeks I'm also gonna be pissed.
  • patdj182 said:

DLC songs have been added on a daily basis.

And complaining about 1.700 songs not being completely available 5 days after launch, well, you clearly never had SCEE-related problems before.

I couldn't care less if DLC songs are added on a daily basis. I care about the disparity between what RB4 store mentions is available, and what is available.

1,700 songs not available 5 days after launch? Never had any SCEE problems before? You make it sound like you're -okay- with this. It was said that past DLC would be available ON launch. It is not. It is possible to purchase DLC that you cannot download, without any indication why. Let's be very clear here. This is not okay. This is very wrong.

I don't care if it is 2,000 songs, or 1 individual track piece. Do not show it if it is not available.

Also, pre-orders are not anywhere near the same argument as what we're dealing with here. If anything because pre-orders are a contract between a retailer and yourself that you will receive a copy of the game. There is no promise of features, or included content; only that you will receive the game. The developer and publisher has no place in this contract. Oh, and whilst we're on the topic at least with my pre-order I received it on release, as promised. I placed a pre-order to state "Please give me this game when it is released". You know what I got on release day? Something.

You know what I got when I bought songs on the store? Nothing. With no explanation to boot.
  • jim0wheeljim0wheel Opening Act
    Thought I'd get a head-start on downloading my old DLC, whilst waiting for Legacy Adapter stock to replenish, but none of my downloads are showing as purchased in the Xbox Store. Am I missing something?
  • stigdustigdu Opening Act
    You know what I found out my sister-in-law got a few weeks ago? Stage 4 terminal cancer.

These are songs. For a computer game.

Get some **** perspective in life.
  • stigdu said:

You know what I found out my sister-in-law got a few weeks ago? Stage 4 terminal cancer.

These are songs. For a computer game.

Get some **** perspective in life.

I work for my money and if I spend my money on something I actually want to get what I paid for. Doesn't matter if I spend it on RB4 songs or chemotherapy for your sister-in-law.
  • Michael080869Michael080869 Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Hey guys calm down a bit. sh...ing at each other won't make it better. European store is a really bad situation for those who BUY tracks and can't get them, something very different to our "where are my legacy songs" problem.

HMX should do something about this not to happen when buying through ingame store.

@iworkathooters: you should contact PSN support to get a refund, but maybe it could happen that "songs are up" earlier than getting the refund :wink:
  • Fuzzbap said:

Have you got a source for this?
    @Rockband on Twitter. Given the fact that the DLC appears to have been made available more promptly in other regions and on other platforms, I don't have any reason not to believe what they said.
  • lanky316lanky316 Rising Star
    Yes, and you'll get what you paid for. There is no way for Harmonix to be able to program a completely different system infrastructure depending not only on console networks but on regional too. The in game store goes straight through to the server and all those songs are on the store and as a result the game is finding them in there, unfortunately at the moment the RB4 update hasn't been added to all those songs so the PSN store is still linking to the RB3 things.

It's a pain in the backside that it's not all up yet but these sort of things haven't happened before and there will be issues. Harmonix for their part advised that people get the songs through the PS store rather than the RB store at the moment but I understand it could have been done better, I'd love a return of "Message of the Day" as it would have offered another chance to reiterate but I'm sure people would still have missed it.

If in a weeks time the songs you've just bought aren't appearing in the store properly and you're not able to get the upgrade then raise tickets and try and get something sorted out but for now all you can do is wait. For now though it's essentially a preorder for when the RB4 editions are uploaded properly.
  • Fuzzbap said:

Have you got a source for this?

@Rockband on Twitter. Given the fact that the DLC appears to have been made available more promptly in other regions and on other platforms, I don't have any reason not to believe what they said.
    Lol, so their official source of information is Twitter? ...There is a really large problem with the world nowadays, isn't there?
    There is no way for Harmonix to be able to program a completely different system infrastructure depending not only on console networks but on regional too.
    There doesn't need to be.

It's clear that the difference between the RB4 store and what's available on PSN is HMX populating the store data according to data that's not consumer facing. Whether that's the US PSN, or its own private database of information. All that really needs to be done is to contact the PSN API, pull a list of available DLC content and data analysis that stuff to populate the in-game store. There's no different 'system infrastructure' needed. It's just been done badly.

• Lol, so their official source of information is Twitter? ...There is a really large problem with the world nowadays, isn't there?

Does confirming it on Twitter (in response to questions asked via Twitter, I should add) make it less "official"? I don't quite get how that's a "large (or any size) problem".

It's clear that the difference between the RB4 store and what's available on PSN is HMX populating the store data according to data that's not consumer facing.

This I agree with. At best it's confusing, at worst it's extremely misleading. What's equally worrying is why does Sony's storefront allow payment to be taken for content it has yet to upload? The "no content found" message should come before the transaction. Not after.
  • who pissed in your cornflakes, ruddy hell.

I've spent loads of money on this game too. I'm happy to have some patience and let them sort it out. SCEE has always been this bad with everything, the fact it's getting daily updated and not weekly is a miracle!

#whitegirlproblems
  • @Strange_Notes:
    I think you gave yourself your own answer....
    "SCEE has always been this bad with everything"... and you're seriously asking why people are kinda pissed about that?
  • calm down guys, it's monday today so the updates will (hopefully) continue.. first one to be appear around 13:30..