European PS4: Metallica confirmed fixed, Tragic Kingdom entitlement still bugged

Comments

• JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    edited September 12
    Arto81 said:

Jadiou said:

Arto81 said:

Long time no dlc... I can't find Ozzy's I Don't Wanna Stop or Let Me Hear You Scream in the store.

You are right those songs seem to have disappeared from the webstore but they are in the RB4 in-game store so you can get them there.
    Thank you! I found them in the in-game store and was able to download the songs on the fifth attempt.

Edit: The songs still don't show in the quickplay list even after refreshing music library and restarting the game. I guess I'll try again next year. :(
    Restore licenses on the PS4. Buying from the in-game store sometimes requires it.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited September 12
    HMXOwl said:

Jadiou said:

HMXOwl said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WrTWDspFPKJTFtkwhQmBjNoVo3i6KbAiNFhbqxeOsJw/edit#gid=1750271039

Someone from DLC Team and I have been chipping away at this for a bit, who wants to help check our accuracy.

Mistakes I found:

Chinese Democracy (Album) is not currently supported
    Night Ranger Pack 01 is not currently supported
    I'm With the Chili Peppers Pack is not currently supported
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 02 is not currently supported
    Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks Pack 01 is not currently supported
    REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour '09 Pack is not currently supported
    Universal Motown Republic Rock Pack 01 is not currently supported

Other than these I think it's accurate. Thank you.
    So if you own delisted packs, you can't get the songs at this time?
    That's correct.

If you bought the songs as a Pack, you can't download the individual songs. The Pack (or Album) has to be available, and that triggers all of the songs to be downloaded.

Whereas if you bought the individual songs, you should be able to download the songs (except in the case of the RHCP BSSM songs) and The Naked Brothers Band song which simply result in the spinning throbber of doom, possibly because there is no PS4 version of the file available to download, or some other entitlement issue. That's my guess.
  • Arto81Arto81 Unsigned
    Jadiou said:

Arto81 said:

Jadiou said:

Arto81 said:

Long time no dlc... I can't find Ozzy's I Don't Wanna Stop or Let Me Hear You Scream in the store.

You are right those songs seem to have disappeared from the webstore but they are in the RB4 in-game store so you can get them there.
    Thank you! I found them in the in-game store and was able to download the songs on the fifth attempt.

Edit: The songs still don't show in the quickplay list even after refreshing music library and restarting the game. I guess I'll try again next year. :(
    Restore licenses on the PS4. Buying from the in-game store sometimes requires it.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

Thank you again! That's exactly what it needed.
  • Would love to know why hmx are doing delists when the entitlements for songs are not fixed yet, you can still buy songs from rb4 store and says no content because no ps4 version, try doing these first like you did with the other platform and region.

And why try to put stuff on that has only been delisted a few months, so is it confirmed we are not priority has one dlc team member and hmxowl are the only people working on this stuff.
  • edited September 14

Would love to know why hmx are doing delists when the entitlements for songs are not fixed yet, you can still buy songs from rb4 store and says no content because no ps4 version, try doing these first like you did with the other platform and region.

And why try to put stuff on that has only been delisted a few months, so is it confirmed we are not priority has one dlc team member and hmxowl are the only people working on this stuff.

I don't think the fixes have come from Hmx. They haven't announced them on the main entitlements thread, just acknowledged there were fixes by trying to update the spreadsheet, and there were errors on that. David Wilson at SIEE came back from holiday as these fixes started rolling out, and maybe the emails I encouraged people to send him kickstarted them. Another reason why I think that this isn't Hmx's doing is that they likely would've followed the same pattern as they did for SIEA, entitlement issues first, then old delists, then RB4 delists. I do wonder if progress has halted because some of the delists don't work? (ie. BSSM tracks).

*Edited for accuracy.
  • I'm pretty sure BSSM was delisted in 2013, not in the RB4 era. (You may be thinking of the I'm With the Chili Peppers pack.)
  • LoopyChew said:

I'm pretty sure BSSM was delisted in 2013, not in the RB4 era. (You may be thinking of the I'm With the Chili Peppers pack.)

Ahh, my bad :D that said, it seems like SIEE are making it up as they go along and not working in any particular order.
  • LoopyChew said:

I'm pretty sure BSSM was delisted in 2013, not in the RB4 era. (You may be thinking of the I'm With the Chili Peppers pack.)

Ahh, my bad :D that said, it seems like SIEE are making it up as they go along and not working in any particular order.
    I'd rather they throw everything against the wall to see what sticks than whatever it was they were (or weren't) doing before.
  • LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

I'd rather they throw everything against the wall to see what sticks than whatever it was they were (or weren't) doing before.
    Of course. I can just understand the frustration around items still missing PS4 versions. They should take priority since they're still up for sale, I don't get why the process of properly converting them appears to be so difficult.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 14

LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

Of course. I can just understand the frustration around items still missing PS4 versions. They should take priority since they're still up for sale, I don't get why the process of properly converting them appears to be so difficult.
    None of us do, but sometimes I get the feeling that part of it is that "licensing is hard!" is taken to extremes at SIEE. Don't forget that Rocksmith also had similar delays way back when, and quite honestly, "SCEE/SIEE doesn't have blanket licensing for music stuff and for whatever reason has to negotiate this somewhere because bureaucrats aren't known for their smarts" makes more sense to me than "SCEE/SIEE are Gargamel and music game players' souls are the Smurfs," no matter how much of my cynical humor relies on the latter.

LoopyChew said:

LoopyChew said:

What the hell is going on... we had a week where it looked like some progress was happening, and then all of a sudden it's back to nothing?

I was surprised to see the BSSM content re-appear, but it's all useless if none of it works, and the Pack itself doesn't return as well.

But yeah, the priority should be fixing content that is still being sold with the claim that it's compatible with the PS4 (meaning it's meant for use with RB4/Rivals), but there's no actual PS4 version available. I'd be pretty peeved if I bought something and got nothing.

Then, I would've thought the next logical step would be to make the missing Songs AND Packs available that weren't delisted, then finally bring back the Songs AND Packs that were delisted.

I hope it's not just HMXOwl and a select few doing all the hard work. I feel sorry for them if that is the case! :confused:
  • @Graffin I think last week's RB3 era delists with the infinite spinner are a result of a previous mistake SIEE made. I don't remember when but either in 2015 or early 2016, those songs were accidentally put up on the SIEE store and then eventually removed.
  • Sad but true.....
  • I think my previous comment about the remaining tracks being kicked into the long grass of months to possibly never is holding true. There were tracks that were never fixed as RB3 wound down. If either HMX/SIEE cared a whole lot, they would do a better job of reassuring us. It's utterly disappointing to have some of the best tracks missing from RB4...Don't Stop Believing, B.Y.O.B, Rush 2112 (the whole thing)..etc. etc., and it feels like a real kick in the teeth knowing that the other platforms have had them back for a while. The only thing I can think of now, that might make any difference is if anyone knows how we can best report the tracks that are available for sale in the RB4 store, but don't actually work on PS4. Surely the fact that this has been a known issue and repeatedly ignored for several months is an aggravating factor? Neither party should be selling things they cannot provide.
  • Next week is 2 year anniversary of RB4 and in November the 10th anniversary of original Rock Band. Maybe they are busy to prepare something big.

Maybe a sale again for SIEA and Microsoft but not SIEE?
  • I'm thinking the slowdown after those RB4 delist fixes a few weeks ago is due to big 3rd party season. This is when SIEE will be under huge pressure from the big companies like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc. to get their new content up on time and working. This week is FIFA 18, some versions come out today while others come out Friday (I think?).
  • @Graffin There's a difference between entitlement of old content and release of new content though. Very few games out there have any crossgen entitlements let alone thousands of them. We saw ourselves how much of a mess the RS situation was and that was only around a few hundred songs.
  • Lemme just point out that this is a fallow period for all of us. Sure, SIEA and Microsoft still have more than SIEE, but nobody's seen new entitlement updates for some time.

The more bugs get fixed, the harder the remaining ones become to solve, and that's a universal truth. While SIEE's record suggests that maybe they're not as vigilant in resolving these issues as others, I'll also point out that there are possibly multiple factors at play here (including both licensing AND technical difficulties).
  • HMXOwl said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WrTWDspFPKJTFtkwhQmBjNoVo3i6KbAiNFhbqxeOsJw/edit#gid=1750271039

Someone from DLC Team and I have been chipping away at this for a bit, who wants to help check our accuracy.

Hi all, thanks so much for the hard work guys!

Let's hope that the rest of the tracks will be available some day. I just downloaded all my songs from PS3 and took ages. Must be painful updating them on PSN, takes forever probably. That's possibly why sometimes mistakes creep in.

Anyways, I don't know if it's worth saying but I wanted to add some corrections to the marketplace tracking doc that I noticed from my downloading. I'm on the SIEE UK store.

Megasus
    Single worked, I was able to download before buying the 30 Song Mega Pack.

Roadrunner Records Pack 01 5-pack worked for me. That made me happy. Hopefully February Heartache pack comes back soon. Those are some of the best.

Starting To Appreciate by Tutankamon worked for me.

Miss Murder by AFI also worked for me.

Thanks again, hope this helps?

@Graffin There's a difference between entitlement of old content and release of new content though. Very few games out there have any crossgen entitlements let alone thousands of them. We saw ourselves how much of a mess the RS situation was and that was only around a few hundred songs.

I agree it's different than putting up new content.

We've got a few issues here....

1) Getting PS4 versions of the PS4 Songs and Packs - that's probably up to Harmonix to supply SIEE with PS4 versions
    2) Getting the Packs back up and working, not just the individual Songs - that's probably also up to Harmonix to instruct SIEE with exactly what's missing or not working as it should
    3) Then bringing back de-listed content - the hardest of them all, but again, up to Harmonix to instruct SIEE which content is to be made available and also providing SIEE with the PS4 versions of the delisted Songs and Packs

It does seem like a daunting task, but they've had almost 2 years to sort this out.

You can blame SIEE, but when I see similar mistakes being made with SIEA (eg. The MTV Pack isn't available, but the individual songs are, so the pack owners can't download the individual songs). it suggests that Harmonix isn't telling them to bring the Packs back as well as the Songs. It's just funny seeing that SIEA and SIEE have similar mistakes and omissions.

But, none of this is funny.

I appreciated HMXOwl posting that they're chipping away at these entitlements, we'd like to see more of that communication from Harmonix. It'd be nice to know that something is happening, or it's being worked on. We need that constant communication and reassurance from Harmonix, that this will eventually be resolved.
  • Just to add to what has already been said, songs missing PS4 versions were all (mostly?) fixed in one go for SIEA, and this happened pretty rapidly after our exports were wrapped up. Harmonix wanted things to be delivered in that order, so they must have initiated that process with SIEA. It makes absolutely no sense why the same/similar process cannot be followed with SIEE. If SIEE are to be believed, the initial delay was because Harmonix actually didn't ask them to fix anything at all. They've had a long time to either put this right, or advise us why they haven't. Editing a spreadsheet doesn't count. Yes, I appreciate that none of the platforms are getting much of anything at the moment, but when 2 out of 3 have most of their issues resolved, it's understandable that there is a slowdown. If Harmonix had kept to their own timetable, nobody would have any delists back because listed content still isn't fixed on SIEE, but we SIEE suckers have been leapfrogged to the benefit of everyone else.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    I see that they fixed 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga (is now purchasable again). I swear the only fixes we are getting are the least urgent ones.
  • Jadiou said:

I see that they fixed 'Poker Face' by Lady Gaga (is now purchasable again). I swear the only fixes we are getting are the least urgent ones.

They might also be the least complex?
  • LoopyChew said:

Jadiou said:

They might also be the least complex?
    True. Name mix ups seem like they should be fairly quick, which is sad that this took that long.
  • Aaaaaaand back to nothing.....
  • I've emailed David again. I've basically said if it's a lost cause can they please just say so. I will update if I hear anything back.