European PS4: Song entitlements trickled in, not so much now

Comments

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star

Anyone checked for more DLC trickling lately?

I check weekly after each PSN Store update, but no, absolutely nothing trickling in for Rock Band.

Puppies and kittens may have to be sacrificed again to make it happen! :cry:
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned

Anyone checked for more DLC trickling lately?

As things are now, I reckon we will not get anything else for a long time, if at all.
    If I had $1 every time someone said that...
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    edited November 2
    Anyone else having trouble with the spotlight pass? Play that funky music isn't showing up as free for me and the pass isn't showing purchased :(

EDIT: Or Johnny B Goode, and I downloaded that last week :(
  • Entitlement for Wild Cherry is currently screwed,
    PJ24 said:

Anyone else having trouble with the spotlight pass? Play that funky music isn't showing up as free for me and the pass isn't showing purchased :(

EDIT: Or Johnny B Goode, and I downloaded that last week :(

I posted about it in the DLC thread for this week.

Should be a known fault by now, and hopefully fixed soon!
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    'Play That Funky Music" is now showing up as FREE for SIEE Spotlight Pass owners.
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    edited November 2
    Jadiou said:

'Play That Funky Music" is now showing up as FREE for SIEE Spotlight Pass owners.

Not for me :(

EDIT: Nevermind got it :P
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    And I thought the 30 Seconds to Mars songs would be a sign to more entitlements but I guess I was wrong. sigh
    edited November 8
    Is it just me or is the PC webstore a bit broken at the moment?

The login has changed, my Download List appears empty, and things i've purchased, have prices on them.

Nevermind... seems to work fine in Edge, b0rked in Firefox (may have to clear cache and cookies).

But yeah, the fixes aren't trickling in at all. Is anything happening?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I’m guessing they found a common bug that fixed some entitlements but aren’t working for the others. That’s basically all I can think of.
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned
    Jadiou said:

And I thought the 30 Seconds to Mars songs would be a sign to more entitlements but I guess I was wrong. sigh

I stopped "thinking" in regards to SIEE Long time ago.
  • snysny
    edited November 8
    It seems to me that HMX/SIEE already have a solution at hand, they are just not taking advantage of it.

1. SIEE has no trouble adding new DLC on time and with the right content associated with it, they are already doing this on a weekly basis.
    2. The PSN store also supports having the same actual content (files) associated with multiple digital licenses, we know they can do this or song packs/season passes couldn't exist.
    3. Someone at SIEE surely is able to write a database query that grants license to download new content to all owners of an older, previously bought content

Putting these three together, all they have to do is add a spiffy new license for each problematic song/pack, associate the EU PS4 version of the files with them and grant access to these new store items to all owners of the respective (unavailable) song/pack.

Fixing age-old, broken licenses/entitlements sounds much more cumbersome to me.
  • You'd think the fact they're mis-selling DLC on the RB4 store would be enough of an incentive to fix it. They're very lucky if a legal case hasn't been brought, as it's pretty reprehensible that stuff they know and have known doesn't work for a while is still being sold. There was a post about someone who had been duped into buying the Rush 2112 pack, because it was on the RB4 store, just last week.
    sny said:

It seems to me that HMX/SIEE already have a solution at hand, they are just not taking advantage of it.

1. SIEE has no trouble adding new DLC on time and with the right content associated with it, they are already doing this on a weekly basis.
    2. The PSN store also supports having the same actual content (files) associated with multiple digital licenses, we know they can do this or song packs/season passes couldn't exist.
    3. Someone at SIEE surely is able to write a database query that grants license to download new content to all owners of an older, previously bought content

Putting these three together, all they have to do is add a spiffy new license for each problematic song/pack, associate the EU PS4 version of the files with them and grant access to these new store items to all owners of the respective (unavailable) song/pack.

Fixing age-old, broken licenses/entitlements sounds much more cumbersome to me.

I agree... If an employee from Harmonix was locked in a room with someone at SIEE that had the ability to add/modify entitlements on the PSN Store, this would be resolved overnight.

They've had over 2 years to fix this.... it didn't take that long to get our Rocksmith DLC on the PS4!

SIEE may be slack, but if they're told to do something, they do it. According to SIEE, they're unaware of any missing content or entitlements. Perhaps Harmonix hasn't instructed them exactly what content to bring back/make available. SIEE won't be able to fix the problem if they don't know what's missing/broken.

C'mon Harmonix. If you can't send someone over to the UK to sort this out in person, it's the 21st century... set up a video link and communicate with someone at SIEE until ALL of the content/entitlements are as they should be. Please sort this out, once and for all.

If the content is added/restored onto the UK PSN Store, it will filter out onto the other PSN Stores in SIEE regions.

Harmonix has had over 2 years to work this out with SIEE. Whatever they've been doing just isn't working.

At first Harmonix used the excuse of the mysterious entitlement tool which prevented them from doing any fixes, but we've all seen a few fixes here and there since then, as well as new (and older rewind) DLC being placed up on the PSN Store for sale, so there really are no excuses except a lack of time and effort, or is it just that bringing this content back isn't making Harmonix any money (in fact, it's probably costing them money)?

Either way, it's dragged on for far too long. Do we have to resort to taking legal action against both Harmonix and SIEE in order to get our promised content? :confused:
  • I'm partially thinking the existence of the spotlight pass may be to blame for the lack of fixes on any platform recently. Ever since the end of August, the spotlight pass has caused lots of extra entitlement issues.

I'm partially thinking the existence of the spotlight pass may be to blame for the lack of fixes on any platform recently. Ever since the end of August, the spotlight pass has caused lots of extra entitlement issues.

There were no problems with this week's song, or the one in the first week.

The only one that had a snag with the entitlements was last week (Play That Funky Music). And, all of the entitlements for the Season 2 Pass went smoothly for us (I know that wasn't the case with SIEA and XBOX).

The point is, when it's new content, and we inform them there's an issue with an entitlement, they get to fixing it within 24 hours.

If they REALLY wanted to fix all of these older entitlements, they could , if they tried hard enough and reached out to SIEE to make it happen.

I'm sure bringing back the delisted content has a bit more complexity to it, but there's quite a lot of legacy DLC that is simply missing one or two songs, a pack, or simply doesn't have a PS4 version of the file available. Those should be super easy fixes.

I thought they were seriously making progress when we saw the 30 Seconds To Mars songs get PS4 versions. I thought, great, they're starting at the top of the list and working their way through it.

I'm not asking the impossible. I don't even expect all of out content to magically appear overnight (even if it was possible). All i'd like to see is Harmonix keeping up their end of the deal as HMXOwl said, chipping away at the entitlements. If we get a few each week, and the progress is ongoing, eventually, we'll have them all.

But, nothing seems to be happening! :(

• @Graffin I'm talking all 3 platforms and both seasons (2 and 3). While SIEE only had issues with Play That Funky Music, SIEA has had problems most weeks and XB1 is in the middle with only 2 major issues (season 2 week 2 and season 3 week 2, the latter of which seems to still not be fixed for some users).
    edited November 9

@Graffin I'm talking all 3 platforms and both seasons (2 and 3). While SIEE only had issues with Play That Funky Music, SIEA has had problems most weeks and XB1 is in the middle with only 2 major issues (season 2 week 2 and season 3 week 2, the latter of which seems to still not be fixed for some users).

Yeah, I see your point, but even if there are issues with the other regions/platforms, that shouldn't prevent Harmonix from fixing this. They've had over 2 years to do so!

If they're serious about fixing the entitlement/content issues for SIEE, then they seriously need to reach to SIEE and have them go through the list of what needs fixing, and make sure the job gets done.

I don't want to see this thread blow out to 500 pages or wait another 2 years for entitlements to trickle in. It got beyond a joke a long, long time ago. You'd think Harmonix would want to see this resolved once and for all as well, so we can quit whinging about old songs and focus on bringing new songs and features to the game.

I also don't want to see this getting ugly or nasty by taking legal action against Harmonix and SIEE, but what else is there for us to do?

@HMXOwl, I really hope you're still chipping away at the entitlements, or attempting to make some progress. Please give us some hope that this will be resolved.... eventually!
  • Whats the chances of the missing content being sorted before the new year?
  • edited November 14
    That's a safe bet...
  • With the PSN web store update that rolled out yesterday or today, the download button from "Under The Bridge" in my wishlist that resulted in the infinite spinner of doom disappeared. Also, looking at the store item description for this song now only gives me a button to download to my PS3. At least it's still listed as "Free" and playable on "PS3 | PS4".

Things appear to be regressing instead of improving, but maybe they have to break some stuff before they can fix the underlying issue... Oh, who am I kidding. :neutral:
    The new look PSN webstore is a nightmare.

Slower, buggier, most of the time showing nothing in my download list (showing that I haven’t purchased anything), and checking content from different regions is more infuriating.

I have to log out and log in several times for things to show as purchased and be able to download them. It’s awful.

They really don’t want us using the webstore!

But, what’s happening with the Rock Band fixes... are we ever going to get our entitlements fixed? :confused: