European PS4: Don't Stop Believing and Smooth Criminal

Comments

• JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    I just tried it again. This time on Quickplay and with missing a phrase. So i had 239,233 before the last phrase and 240,233 when the song ended and I had 4x multiplier.. This is annoying.
    Graffin said:

I tried it a second time and only had a 2x multiplier on the last line, and it gave me 2,000 points. 206,012 on the last line, 208,012 at the end. Third try, 233,984 with a 4x multiplier on the last line, end with 237,984. I can't seem to match your score on this song, and I can't replicate the bug. Maybe you hit the maximum score possible on Expert? I don't know.

I use paths on vocals and the optimal score for this song is 260,600 points and people have been able reach that including the crew member I mentioned yesterday.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Jadiou said:

I just tried it again. This time on Quickplay and with missing a phrase. So i had 239,233 before the last phrase and 240,233 when the song ended and I had 4x multiplier.. This is annoying.

Graffin said:

I tried it a second time and only had a 2x multiplier on the last line, and it gave me 2,000 points. 206,012 on the last line, 208,012 at the end. Third try, 233,984 with a 4x multiplier on the last line, end with 237,984. I can't seem to match your score on this song, and I can't replicate the bug. Maybe you hit the maximum score possible on Expert? I don't know.

I use paths on vocals and the optimal score for this song is 260,600 points and people have been able reach that including the crew member I mentioned yesterday.
    It sounds like a really strange bug. One of the game's quirks? Weird that it's only affecting you though.

I still swear the volume levels are all over the place despite their many attempts to fix it (the 2 Bad Religion Songs - New Dark Ages and No Control are considerably quieter so I have to crank the volume up on the amp for them and a few others).

I'll keep practicing Dammit and try and 100% it (for some reason I keep screwing up about halfway through) and see if I can get the top score 260,600 to see whether or not I can replicate what you're getting. I'll post back if/when I conquer the song!
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    Graffin said:

Jadiou said:

Graffin said:

It sounds like a really strange bug. One of the game's quirks? Weird that it's only affecting you though.

I still swear the volume levels are all over the place despite their many attempts to fix it (the 2 Bad Religion Songs - New Dark Ages and No Control are considerably quieter so I have to crank the volume up on the amp for them and a few others).

I'll keep practicing Dammit and try and 100% it (for some reason I keep screwing up about halfway through) and see if I can get the top score 260,600 to see whether or not I can replicate what you're getting. I'll post back if/when I conquer the song!
    I put a ticket to support about this and they adviced to delete and reinstall the song, but that's not possible on PS4 without deleting all my RB4 content.

I have a feeling it's some how broken just for me but if you still want to try it with getting the same score I'll help you by telling the path:

3/, 2/AS, 2/AT

So first activation is when you have 3/4 of the overdrive, second activation is when the overdrive is half full and you need to activate it as late in the first activation window as possible to chain the needed overdrive. Last activation is with half overdrive bar after the tapping section.
  • Nygren93Nygren93 Unsigned
    Any updates from David?
  • Nygren93 said:

Any updates from David?

Afraid not. I did try to push him for an update a little while back, and still haven't heard anything. I hope that the two parties are trying to resolve this behind the scenes, as it's getting pretty sickening seeing regular updates for SIEA and Xbox whilst we are once again stuck at an impasse. It's been three months now. This really isn't good enough.
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    @HMXOwl is this issue being worked on? I know most of details around this are under NDA but I feel like before with the disc exports we at least got confirmation that it was being worked on. I don't think I've heard a peep about the delisted songs...
  • PJ24 said:

@HMXOwl is this issue being worked on? I know most of details around this are under NDA but I feel like before with the disc exports we at least got confirmation that it was being worked on. I don't think I've heard a peep about the delisted songs...

Silence again....
  • PJ24 said:

Silence again....
    Someone tell those damn crickets to stop chirping...it's too loud :D
    PJ24 said:

I've asked the question in other threads, all of which have been overlooked or ignored.

I understand that perhaps HMXOwl doesn't know anything, or isn't in any position to tell us what is (or isn't) happening in regards to the legacy/delisted content, but surely someone from Harmonix could say something.

Some form of acknowledgment that they're working with SIEE to resolve this would be nice.

Harmonix gave us a rough time frame for the Exports, why can't they do the same now?

We see constant fixes for XBOX and SIEA customers, yet here we are begging for action and answers only to be ignored. You're letting us down Harmonix. As someone that's spent $1000s on your instruments, games and content, I feel like I deserve better. :disappointed:
  • TheRainbowTroutsTheRainbowTrouts Opening Act
    edited August 8
    It's been said before that they can't say anything, but they're always working on it.

Again you need to pressure Sony to work on it as that was the only way progress was made before. Requesting Harmonix for updates is the wrong place to be asking.
  • edited August 8

It's been said before that they can't say anything, but they're always working on it.

Again you need to pressure Sony to work on it as that was the only way progress was made before. Requesting Harmonix for updates is the wrong place to be asking.

I've done that numerous times. It's actually not unreasonable to ask Harmonix to clarify their position since Sony have said that Harmonix did not tell them that anything else needed fixing. It's getting a little suspicious that not a single word has been said about this matter. At the end of the day we just want to be treated fairly. Not telling one set of customers why they're not getting their content whilst they're diligently serving other customers smacks of unfairness. There's no reassurance, no nothing. You can't blame us for feeling let down.

*Edit, just to add, at least with the exports we were given a reason for the delay, ie. the infamous 'broken tool'. There's currently no good reason for this content to be held up.
  • edited August 8
    Let's use an analogy to illustrate how unfair this situation is. Say there were three people who went to a garage to get their cars fixed. They all arrived at the same time, and all required replacement parts for their cars. All three are told that the parts have to be ordered in and they will have to leave their cars in the garage while the parts arrive. Customers 1 and 2 have some of their parts delivered, and receive regular updates so that they don't have to keep calling the garage about it. Customer 3 has no parts fitted in their car, receives no calls from the garage, and whenever they try and get an update about their car, no one at the garage picks up the phone. This goes on for months and months whilst customers 1 and 2 try to convince customer 3 not to keep calling the garage as they will get their car fixed eventually.

My point is, if you had to put up with such a lack of customer service with anything else in life, you wouldn't be able to. I really don't understand why our patience in particular has to be tested so much.
  • But all three platforms are in the same position. None of us know when things will be fixed, they just are at random.

Harmonix aren't communicating with Xbox customers or Sony America. They only mention when something is working. There are no timetables.
  • But all three platforms are in the same position. None of us know when things will be fixed, they just are at random.

Harmonix aren't communicating with Xbox customers or Sony America. They only mention when something is working. There are no timetables.

PS4 Europe is massively behind though. We still have several songs without PS4 versions on top of the delisted content yet to be returned. None of this has been fixed whilst 99.9% of listed content has been fixed on the other platforms and a good chunk of delisted content also has. It's definitely a random process for SIEA and Xbox, at least the frequency of fixes can give them some confidence that progress is being made. I'm sure they would be just as frustrated if nothing had happened for 3 months without any explanation.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

But all three platforms are in the same position. None of us know when things will be fixed, they just are at random.

PS4 Europe is massively behind though. We still have several songs without PS4 versions on top of the delisted content yet to be returned. None of this has been fixed whilst 99.9% of listed content has been fixed on the other platforms and a good chunk of delisted content also has. It's definitely a random process for SIEA and Xbox, at least the frequency of fixes can give them some confidence that progress is being made. I'm sure they would be just as frustrated if nothing had happened for 3 months without any explanation.
    You're stating the "what," and are asking for the "why." Which makes sense, but at the same time, the "why" is one of those things that means pointing fingers at people and are likely NDA'd.

While originally Harmonix disclosed the existence of the "tool," given the existence of the exports, presumably that's not the issue any more. I also wonder if that mentioning it landed them in some sort of hot water, preventing them from talking about this kind of thing in public at all. (Note how it was SIEE that did the talking afterward.)

I'm talking about this as a guy with no window looking into the process. My modship doesn't give me any special insight one way or another into what's going on. All I can do is poke at them with a stick, same as you.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 8
    @Metalcoreprincess Well the closest to what your describing on other platforms is there were some frustrated XB1 owners when there were no fixes between December 10th 2016 and May 12th 2017 though SIEE catchup was a clear and very important reason (a deduced but obvious reason until the PAX East interview in March when it was straight up confirmed). Though it was only some XB1 owners, others were very supportive that SIEE were finally doing something and SIEA made good progress too.

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Let's use an analogy to illustrate how unfair this situation is. Say there were three people who went to a garage to get their cars fixed.

The problem with this analogy is that all three people did not go to the same garage. One person went to Joe's Garage, another went to Bill's Garage, and the third went to Speedy Lube n Tune who throughout history have been notoriously horrible at customer service.

While all three people bought the same model Super Rock-n-Roll Ultimate Conversion Van with awesome side graphics, that doesn't really come into play here.
    edited August 8
    We can debate this until the cows come home.

We've done everything possible as consumers to get answers from SIEE, but SIEE alone cannot fix this if they don't know what to fix or aren't aware that there's anything to be fixed.

It takes two parties for this to work. Is Harmonix in contact with SIEE as frequently as they seem to be with XBOX and SIEA? I don't think so, but please prove me wrong.

Their NDA may prevent them from issuing timeframes or detailed specifics of what's happening behind the scenes, but it doesn't prevent them from providing a simple response to say "hey, we haven't forgotten about you guys, we're reaching out to SIEE to get some progress happening, and will post back as soon as we get a response from them".

That's just common courtesy. It's the least we deserve. We're not asking for an apology, we just want to know that some form of action is happening behind the scenes (they don't have to say what, when or why until they're certain and are able to). But, for heaven's sake, show us some proof that you're working WITH SIEE to resolve this.

I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
  • Like I said before and you've ignored. They are working on all 3 platforms until everyone gets their content back.

Everyone is in the same boat, we don't know when the next song to be fixed will be, we only know when either Sony or Microsoft fix it.

If you feel the process is going too slow then the only way to speed it up is to put pressure on Sony like you did previously. They are in charge of the marketplace.
  • Like I said before and you've ignored. They are working on all 3 platforms until everyone gets their content back.

Everyone is in the same boat, we don't know when the next song to be fixed will be, we only know when either Sony or Microsoft fix it.

If you feel the process is going too slow then the only way to speed it up is to put pressure on Sony like you did previously. They are in charge of the marketplace.

Maybe and hopefully you're right, but when SIEE themselves say that they thought everything needed to deliver now is delivered to us, that makes it clear to me that HMX doesn't communicatie very well to SIEE...
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    So SIEE has been horrible exactly like this for years and years across multiple games, but you guys think it's HMX's fault? Yeah, okay.
  • edited August 9
    Did everybody have amnesia and forget that it took legal threat from the consumer to get SIEE to move? Is it really that surprising that after finishing up exports, they basically decided they were done even after HMX pursued them again? HMX doesn't have as much leverage as you'd like to believe.
    edited August 9

Did everybody have amnesia and forget that it took legal threat from the consumer to get SIEE to move? Is it really that surprising that after finishing up exports, they basically decided they were done even after HMX pursued them again? HMX doesn't have as much leverage as you'd like to believe.

You may want to read up on what really happened. I was in contact with one of the parties that launched the initial complaint and law suit.

Legal action was pursued against BOTH Ubisoft and SCEE (as it was known then). It was actually Ubisoft Sydney that made the contact with and put pressure on Ubisoft SF, and that kicked things into action.

So SIEE has been horrible exactly like this for years and years across multiple games, but you guys think it's HMX's fault? Yeah, okay.

Harmonix aren't completely blameless in all of this. We all know SIEE are incompetent baboons, so developers may need to get on their case a bit more than they normally would have to.

Like I said before and you've ignored. They are working on all 3 platforms until everyone gets their content back.

They may be in charge of the marketplace, but if they're not told what to fix or that there's content to be fixed, they can't very well fix it, can they?

At least with SIEA and XBOX content, there's been fixes happening lil by lil. Except for a pause where there was nothing and whether that had anything to do with SIEE catching up with the Exports or not I don't know. But, whatever the case, SIEA and XBOX users are way in front and are seeing some form of progress. We've not had any progress since receiving the Exports in April this year.

Would it hurt Harmonix to simply say, they're still trying? Give us some hope. Something. Anything.

According to SIEE, they're unaware that anything is missing. I think that's a major problem right there.
  • @Graffin I'm pretty sure @Chizenhowtzer is referring to the legal action taken late last year which got SIEE owners their exports back this year, not the Rocksmith case.
    edited August 9

@Graffin I'm pretty sure @Chizenhowtzer is referring to the legal action taken late last year which got SIEE owners their exports back this year, not the Rocksmith case.

Yes, my bad. I apologise for that, but it still highlights the importance of the developer/publisher working with SCEE/SIEE. SIEE can't and won't fix this if Harmonix doesn't inform them/instruct them what to do. SIEE own the marketplace, but Harmonix owns the content. They need to work together.

We, as consumers have tried everything possible. It's unfortunate we have to go down the legal route again.

Though, if this was the the Harmonix of old, HMXHenry would've been right on top of it, openly communicating on this forum with regular news on delays and each and every time Harmonix had reached out to SCEE/SIEE.

Would it really kill Harmonix to weigh in on this? To simply tell us that they've contacted SIEE and are working to resolve this, and will bring us some news soon?

By remaining silent, it just appears like they don't care, which probably isn't at all true.

Please Harmonix, work with SIEE to resolve this once and for all!
  • @Graffin To be honest HMX hasn't really been giving that much info on the forums over the past few months in general. For example it was reddit where the season 1 rewards were posted, not the forums. So has there been any info on reddit? Are SIEE people on reddit still complaining there?

I haven't been on reddit in a long time since for some reason it messed up my laptop twice.

@Graffin To be honest HMX hasn't really been giving that much info on the forums over the past few months in general. For example it was reddit where the season 1 rewards were posted, not the forums. So has there been any info on reddit? Are SIEE people on reddit still complaining there?

I haven't been on reddit in a long time since for some reason it messed up my laptop twice.

I'm not a reddit user, so I wouldn't know what's been said on there. I don't get why it's so popular. It looks and feels rather primitive to me, but hey, that's just my take on it.

I just wish there was still someone like Aaron (HMXHenry) that interacted with users on here like they used to. There's still that banter and input from HMXOwl and others happening here, but they're far more selective with whom and what they reply to. It's a pity they have to censor themselves or be wary of saying too much.

Hell, even Dan Amrich makes more of an appearance on the Rocksmith Forums. He was instrumental (no pun intended), for announcing delays and timeframes facing SIEE users.

It seems the only way to make developers more communicative is with a lawsuit. It's sad that we have to resort to such drastic actions to get what we're promised.

It's fast approaching 2 years since the game was released. It's a joke. It's also a real smack in the face each time we log in and see fixes for SIEA and XBOX users every week and still absolutely nothing coming our way. If Harmonix's aim is to finish up the SIEA and XBOX fixes first then concentrate on ensuring we SIEE users get our content, then please say so. If we know progress is coming, perhaps we wouldn't mind waiting an extra month or so, but with the overwhelming silence, it just makes it look like they don't give a .... (i'm sorry if that seems harsh, but it's how it comes across). :disappointed:

It may sound like i'm squarely aiming the blame on Harmonix. I'm not. SIEE is slack and difficult, but other games that have/had large catalogs of DLC like SingStar, Rocksmith and Guitar Hero were able to work with SIEE and have their content published on PSN Stores in SIEE regions, so does it just boil down to Harmonix not trying hard enough, or some form of miscommunication between Harmonix and SIEE?
  • There is no other way than agree to it.

RB4 is now -what?- 2 years old? I still have a list of about 60-100 songs missing from RB3 times...
    Granted it includes RBN songs and I haven't brought the list up to speed lately.

Which btw is a very tidious work for 1,000 or so songs (RB3) and a complete waste of time!!
    I need to replug the PS3 in and scroll down the full list of songs I own, note them in a spreadsheet and then compare them with the so far released content. Employment-creation measure?

What really gets me started is that it looks like in other Sony regions (SIEA > USA) it seems to be seattled.
    In SIEE store it is not possible anymore to search for any song content (say Roy Orbinson), it is now only listed under Rivals DLC and you can scroll down there.
    By that my way to check for RB3 songs becoming available (searching the Sony store) ceased to exist. Currently I wouldn't even know how to check if some songs are finally available to my account again ...
  • Graffin said:

Would it hurt Harmonix to simply say, they're still trying? Give us some hope. Something. Anything.

According to SIEE, they're unaware that anything is missing. I think that's a major problem right there.

But they've already said they're constantly working on all 3 platforms to get everyone their content.

So then you need to step back and look at all 3 platforms and see what's common with each one and what isn't.

2 platforms are making progress and the third isn't. What is the difference between the two services that are progressing and the one that isn't?..