European PS4: Don't Stop Believing and Smooth Criminal

Comments

• So what? 2 years are not sufficient to sort that out? Or determine to discontinue in SIEE?

Money is coming in with the Rivals season and the fix of the import packs (Lego RB, Green day, etc). I bought songs again.
    Honestly I don't mind much if both state: "Sorry, you are too expensive customers to take care of, re-buy the missing content". I prefer that so that I know what is happening (and when) and I can decide to buy the missing songs again.

But don't get me ever started with a RB5 or so in the future...
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    Just filled out that rivals Sessions 2 survey. I encourage everyone to ask what's up with the delisted tracks in it :P
  • tragedy719tragedy719 Unsigned
    edited August 10

Let's use an analogy to illustrate how unfair this situation is. Say there were three people who went to a garage to get their cars fixed.

The problem with this analogy is that all three people did not go to the same garage. One person went to Joe's Garage, another went to Bill's Garage, and the third went to Speedy Lube n Tune who throughout history have been notoriously horrible at customer service.

While all three people bought the same model Super Rock-n-Roll Ultimate Conversion Van with awesome side graphics, that doesn't really come into play here.
    Actually the analogy is good. All 3 cars are in the same garage.
    Only two of them have readily-available parts with some requiring manufacture. The third gets driven through several different countries and is being held up by emissions regulations that no-one can get straight. Parts keep getting returned to the manufacturer for re-tooling and nobody can tell the customer what's going wrong or how long it will take
  • edited August 10
    PJ24 said:

Just filled out that rivals Sessions 2 survey. I encourage everyone to ask what's up with the delisted tracks in it :P

I also included a comment about this in the survey. I also encourage everyone to mention the unacceptably long delay getting delisted content on SIEE.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned

Graffin said:

Would it hurt Harmonix to simply say, they're still trying? Give us some hope. Something. Anything.

According to SIEE, they're unaware that anything is missing. I think that's a major problem right there.

But they've already said they're constantly working on all 3 platforms to get everyone their content.

So then you need to step back and look at all 3 platforms and see what's common with each one and what isn't.

2 platforms are making progress and the third isn't. What is the difference between the two services that are progressing and the one that isn't?..
    The 2 making progress are in a region that is actually making Harmonix money.
    Harmonix should dump the XBOX and PS stores and host their own global commerce solution accessible directly from in-game (like the one which points to the Microsoft and SONY stores now but hosted on their own servers). Here's one example of a company which offers a Cloud service https://www.orckestra.com/en/ (and no I don't work for them o:) )
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    abz999 said:

Graffin said:

Would it hurt Harmonix to simply say, they're still trying? Give us some hope. Something. Anything.

According to SIEE, they're unaware that anything is missing. I think that's a major problem right there.

But they've already said they're constantly working on all 3 platforms to get everyone their content.

So then you need to step back and look at all 3 platforms and see what's common with each one and what isn't.

2 platforms are making progress and the third isn't. What is the difference between the two services that are progressing and the one that isn't?..
    Harmonix should dump the XBOX and PS stores and host their own global commerce solution accessible directly from in-game (like the one which points to the Microsoft and SONY stores now but hosted on their own servers). Here's one example of a company which offers a Cloud service https://www.orckestra.com/en/ (and no I don't work for them o:) )
    How, pray tell, would the content be downloaded into the game?
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited August 10
    It works in a game like GTA because Rockstar hosts the online on their servers.

If Hmx were to do this you would always need to be connected to their servers to play the songs as nothing actually downloads (similar to how the new GH did it).

Sony and MS aren't going to let you download stuff off of other people's servers, only stream it.

In other words, for them to be completely free of MS and Sony they'd need to make their own console, and it wouldn't be worth it.
  • It works in a game like GTA because Rockstar hosts the online on their servers.

If Hmx were to do this you would always need to be connected to their servers to play the songs as nothing actually downloads (similar to how the new GH did it).

Sony and MS aren't going to let you download stuff off of other people's servers, only stream it.

In other words, for them to be completely free of MS and Sony they'd need to make their own console, and it wouldn't be worth it.

*Joke start*

Just call it the Rock Box

And have the song by Run-DMC included in the next HMX project for that console

*Joke end*
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    LoopyChew said:

abz999 said:

Graffin said:

I'm sure it's possible, but don't think it's a good idea. If they used a 3rd party to host the DLC (like Steam for example), the games could still connect to it and download content from the 3rd party rather than Sony or Microsoft. Though, I can't see Sony or Microsoft going for that model. It would open them up to compromises in security and a whole host of other problems.

There's no point debating alternatives. The fact is the legacy & delisted content is probably sitting on a SIEE server somewhere and only they can make it available to us... well, they probably need Harmonix to tell them what they need to bring back/make available, and that's what hasn't happened yet. Obviously that message isn't getting through to the right people at SIEE. I won't even pretend to know what's happening (or not happening) behind the scenes, so I have to put it down as a miscommunication between Harmonix and SIEE. Both parties need to work together to resolve this.

Graffin said:

So, PS4 users worldwide aren't contributing to or making any profit/revenue for Harmonix?

Only PS4 users in North America are. Hmmm. I don't have any facts or figures to disprove that, but do find it a lil difficult to believe.

I'm tired of playing the blame game. I don't want to see this thread blow out to 500 pages and still be here begging for something to be done. Ideally, I just want Harmonix and SIEE to sit down in the same room, thrash it out and resolve this once and for all.
  • So when are you lot resorting to the legal action option? It has nearly been 4 months with no progress or schedule so are you waiting for a specific point in time like with last year being after Rivals launch or is there some sort of time gap since the last fix you're waiting for?

If it does come down to legal action, make sure to get a time schedule for both non-delisted and delisted fixes, the exports schedule worked so well for early this year. Sure it's not as easy to create as the exports schedule as there's much more content but something like a certain amount of songs fixed in a certain timeframe (e.g. 50 songs in 1 month) may be a good idea.
  • abz999abz999 Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

abz999 said:

Graffin said:

The game connects to an Internet web service where the global catalog (DLC) is presented for purchase. The DLC is downloaded from the Cloud service to the console after it's bought.

If SONY and Microsoft don't allow that then ofc the idea is dead in the water

So when are you lot resorting to the legal action option? It has nearly been 4 months with no progress or schedule so are you waiting for a specific point in time like with last year being after Rivals launch or is there some sort of time gap since the last fix you're waiting for?

If it does come down to legal action, make sure to get a time schedule for both non-delisted and delisted fixes, the exports schedule worked so well for early this year. Sure it's not as easy to create as the exports schedule as there's much more content but something like a certain amount of songs fixed in a certain timeframe (e.g. 50 songs in 1 month) may be a good idea.

Should I slap an NDA on myself? :lol:

Any one who has sought legal advice or did so prior to the return of the Exports, could they please PM me?

I'd like to offer my help in bringing a solution to this as soon as possible. And, if it's only one or two individuals doing all the running around, and perhaps incurring out of pocket expenses, I think they deserve some help and some thanks for what they've done thus far.

I've exhausted the local avenues (ACCC and other Governmental departments that investigate and apply pressure to businesses/corporations to ensure they fulfill their commitments/promises to consumers), as well as written complaints to SIEE and PlayStation Support here in Australia.

It may sound like a bunch of tree-hugging-hippie-crap, but if we all rally together, perhaps we can make a difference?
  • Graffin said:

So when are you lot resorting to the legal action option? It has nearly been 4 months with no progress or schedule so are you waiting for a specific point in time like with last year being after Rivals launch or is there some sort of time gap since the last fix you're waiting for?

Should I slap an NDA on myself? :lol:

Any one who has sought legal advice or did so prior to the return of the Exports, could they please PM me?

I'd like to offer my help in bringing a solution to this as soon as possible. And, if it's only one or two individuals doing all the running around, and perhaps incurring out of pocket expenses, I think they deserve some help and some thanks for what they've done thus far.

I've exhausted the local avenues (ACCC and other Governmental departments that investigate and apply pressure to businesses/corporations to ensure they fulfill their commitments/promises to consumers), as well as written complaints to SIEE and PlayStation Support here in Australia.

It may sound like a bunch of tree-hugging-hippie-crap, but if we all rally together, perhaps we can make a difference?
    @BandM$te4Lyfe asked a while ago if she needed to do the legal thing again, I don't know if she has since launched anything (and maybe is prevented from saying so?).

Maybe a few more people could try tweeting Steve Janiak (Harmonix CEO). I will also put David Wilson and Jim Ryan's emails here (SIEE) so people can use them at their leisure:

Jim.ryan@scee.net (I know this looks like an old email address, but it does work.)

David.Wilson@sony.com

I believe a group effort is definitely what's needed here. Once they realise just how many people are fed up with this situation, they might be more inclined to appease us.
  • @HMXOwl: anything for us?
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned

@HMXOwl: anything for us?

yeah a recent, pretty succesfull cover song by Disturbed..
  • M-aster said:

@HMXOwl: anything for us?

yeah a recent, pretty succesfull cover song by Disturbed..
    Good one :D
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned
    I don't know why but "Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack" (for PS3/PS4) appeared today to PS store. This is the item you needed to launch Blitz on PS3 to get it so I guess someone who doesn't have PS3 and would like to buy the Blitz soundtrack can get it now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/fi-fi/pelit/lisäsisältö/rock-band-blitz-soundtrack/cid=EP8802-BLES01611_00-RBBLITZPA01EB800
  • @Jadiou Yeah, HMX said on the stream last week that they were working on making the Blitz soundtrack available to download in RB4 if you purchased the game but didn't own a last gen console.
  • JadiouJadiou Unsigned

@Jadiou Yeah, HMX said on the stream last week that they were working on making the Blitz soundtrack available to download in RB4 if you purchased the game but didn't own a last gen console.

Funny how fast they can get things like these through but rest of our entitlements are somehow an impossible task.
  • Jadiou said:

@Jadiou Yeah, HMX said on the stream last week that they were working on making the Blitz soundtrack available to download in RB4 if you purchased the game but didn't own a last gen console.

Funny how fast they can get things like these through but rest of our entitlements are somehow an impossible task.
    This. Though I don't understand the need to make the soundtrack available again as I was of the understanding that the release a few months back should have done the trick?

There's possibly a financial incentive if they're expecting a last-minute rush before the game is pulled, shame our money isn't wanted for the songs still not available on PS4. Re-releasing a bit of legacy content that was already on the store shows that are likely no technical reasons preventing the rest of the listed content from being fixed.

Has anyone tried any of the contact methods I gave? I honestly think all parties are running out of excuses at this point.
  • Nygren93Nygren93 Unsigned
    I tried to contact David and got this automatic replay:

I am currently out of the office on annual leave and out of the country with limited access to email until Tuesday September 5th. For all European PR enquiries, please contact SIEE_Central_Corporate_Communications_and_Influencer_Marketing@scee.net

until my return,
    many thanks,
    David
  • jackeffect666jackeffect666 Unsigned
    edited August 22
    @HMXOwl not even a sign of life like "were working on it"? Looks pretty bad for the remaining entitlements and the delisted stuff I guess....:(
  • @HMXOwl not even a sign of life like "were working on it"? Looks pretty bad for the remaining entitlements and the delisted stuff I guess....:(

Even CEO Steve Janiak had nothing to say after I directly contacted him (including the alleged 'lack of contact' with SIEE from the HMX side). If they don't want SIEE players to think they're being left out, they currently aren't doing the best job of convincing us otherwise. The only good reason for the silence would be legal action being taken.
  • g-money25g-money25 Unsigned
    Any news?? Its getting beyond a joke now
    g-money25 said:

Any news?? Its getting beyond a joke now

I wish. It got beyond a joke a long time ago. If there wasn't continuing progress on SIEA and XBOX entitlements, then it wouldn't be so bad, but to not have ANY fixes or updates on this for almost 4 months now, it's unacceptable. :(

I also think it's really poor customer support for Harmonix to be so silent on this issue. Whether there is legal action pending or happening, would it kill them to show a bit of sympathy and at least assure us that everything possible is being done to resolve this? I certainly don't expect them to go into specifics, but remaining silent comes across as an act of ignorance that demonstrates that they don't care about us (which is probably not at all true).
  • There was about a 4-5 month lull between exports being fixed and progress being made on singles on the other two platforms, so this kind of wait isn't unprecedented.
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned

There was about a 4-5 month lull between exports being fixed and progress being made on singles on the other two platforms, so this kind of wait isn't unprecedented.

The lack of any kind of confirmation that it's being work on casts a bit of a cloud over this though...

• g-money25g-money25 Unsigned
    edited August 30
    So not only is there nothing but hay bails rolling through on the delisted content and stuff we are still missing from siee and other territories but they are announcing another f**king game, this is ridiculous, i hope that legal action is happening because its been nearly 2 years waiting for promises to be full filled, access to all my previously owned content was a major selling point for me and at the minute i feel forgotten about and all the dlc in rb4 era that i have brought has been me funding new games i dont care about and the one game i do care about (rb4) they dont seem to give a f**k about, they only seem to want to push more new content out and not sort out the on going problems and it's annoying that they speak in all the other forums but this one gets ignored