Rock Band 4 - Marketplace Tracking - Official Discussion Thread
We've recently restructured this thread and added a new Marketplace Update Thread to the forums. Please see this thread for more information on our process for tracking issues with the Rock Band 4 Marketplace.
Weekly Updates in December:Update on December 3rd, 2015
Update on December 10th, 2015
Update on December 18th, 2015
**Note:** This thread is going to cover marketplace issues only, so please cover other topics elsewhere on the forums.
First of all I want to personally thank all of you for making this an enjoyable and exciting launch week! We deeply appreciate how supportive and helpful you’ve been both in gathering information, and pointing people toward our support resources. Our community kicks so much ass.
Moving your existing DLC over to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One constitutes an enormous effort on the part of not only the Harmonix team, but our amazing counterparts at Sony and Microsoft. It has been energizing to see everyone so committed to bringing this all together.
We know we have some kinks to work out, and we definitely expected this given the volume of songs and the sheer complexity of the inner-workings of our back catalog. Now that we’ve had some time to hit the first few waves of issues, we wanted to centralize the known issues, as well as establish a mechanism for communicating with you about our progress toward fixing them. Please keep visiting this thread over the next few weeks for updates.
Until now, we have prioritized any issues with pre-order bugs, incorrect prices, and offers that require a purchase despite users having previously purchased them. This is all a work in progress, but we wanted to give you a rough idea of what order we have been going about resolving issues (you’ll see plenty of other things get fixed as well in the very near term, but those will typically be the low-hanging fruit in terms of fix-complexity).
What I’ve attached is a work-in-progress list of issues based off of issues that you’ve reported or that we’ve confirmed ourselves. We’d like to ask for all of you to include any discrepancies between what you’re seeing (i.e. if you notice something was fixed that’s listed as an issue, if you’re seeing different behavior for issues, or if there is something you’re seeing that we’ve missed) and what is listed in the attached spreadsheet.
When reporting problems with your DLC, I ask that you please include:
1. Platform (XB1, PS4 – and please include region for SCEE and SCEA users)
2. Whether you’re in the console marketplace or the Rock Band in-game store
3. If you newly purchased the content (i.e. bought the RB4 version) or had previously purchased it (i.e. the RB3 or earlier versions)
4. What specific song, pack, or album you are having an issue with
Having those details will help us quickly identify the root cause as we work with our team, and with Sony & Microsoft on a solution.
Thank you for your continued support and patience. We’ll be providing additional updates as we work through this.
A couple of notes on the attached:
“Unsupported DLC” tab: this is a list of the currently unsupported DLC; We’ve provided a basic categorization (e.g. “expired,” or no longer licensed, content; songs that are part of disc exports that aren’t yet supported, etc.). These are issues related to songs that we’re not currently expecting for you to be able to purchase or redeem as part of your back catalog. Please note that inclusion on this list does not rule out these songs from being available in the future.
SCEA, SCEE, and XB1 tabs: these are lists of content, per platform and region, including the associated bug reports and experiences. Moving forward we’ll provide a way to keep track of what issues have been resolved, so look for that in future updates.
Here also are some of the different types of issues that we’re tracking (have seen ourselves or have seen reported by the community). There’s some overlap between these behaviors, but we will be investigating all of these reports:
• Not able to download despite being listed as "purchased" (i.e. previously purchased the RB3 version but can't download RB4 version)
• Single "Not available for purchase" for users who previously purchased
• Song reported as not installing with the rest of the pack singles
• Song displaying as "Installed" in the in-game store, but not showing up in the music library
• Song missing from marketplace catalog
• Report of users being asked to pay for song they already own
• Report of error code on selecting "download"
• Report of some users receiving "Cannot be purchased at this time" error for Roadrunner Records Pack 01 content
• Reported as error or unavailable
• PS4 RB4 version not yet available
• Incorrect Album Artwork on XB1 Marketplace
• Song was released but is on our current "unsupported song" list