Rock Band 4 - Marketplace Tracking - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

  • plokoonplokoon Unsigned
    @HMXCrisis @HMXOwl The update thread says that the Queen 01 pack is working for SCEA as of January 11. Does this mean the tracks can only be downloaded if they were bought as part of the pack? I bought all of the tracks individually over the course of a few years, andI still have the same issue since launch. I was able to download 3 of them some time ago: "Another On Bites the Dust," Fat Bottomed Girls," and "Tie Your Mother Down." The rest still show up in the store as the old version only playable on PS3.
  • tnevaker said:

    Depeche Mode Pack doesn't even show up in the PS store for me.

    It'll show up on the web store if you log out. When you login afterwards, it does what @qtheking describes:

    image
  • edited February 7
    Hey guys, I just bought the Roadrunner Pack 01 (SIEE) but I'm missing 2 songs:

    Killswitch Engage - My Curse
    Megadeth - Sleepwalker

    I didn't know the pack had problems or anything. Anyone experienced the same issue?

    @HMXOwl
  • 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' - Queen is Fixed for PS4 SIEA (North America)!
  • ZastaiZastai Unsigned
    @giginthesky Any chance your report also includes info on the "timed exclusive" tracks like Duran Duran - The Reflex and Bring Me The Horizon - Throne (SCEA)?
    Those are unavailable to me, and I've not yet seen any indication that they require Plus (and, more importantly, that if they do, whether their entitlements are tied to an active Plus subscription; I wouldn't mind terribly to sub for one month or so to get them, but not to keep paying just to keep them available). In the web store it tells me I cannot buy them because I already own "Rock Band 4 PreOrder" - seems silly that preordering would entitle me to FEWER tracks.

    @HMXOwl Note that there's some other persistent issues on the PS4 (SCEA) Store. For one, the Blitz Soundtrack pack does not disqualify the paid SKUs for the contained tracks, so they're still offered for sale. Only after you buy them are you told they're already installed (lost $6 that way already - not a huge amount, but the nightmare that is PS Support makes it effectively unrecoverable). There was a similar problem with the Country Mega Pack, haven't checked recently whether that still exists. Again something that the report run by @giginthesky may be able to confirm.
  • Zastai said:

    @giginthesky Any chance your report also includes info on the "timed exclusive" tracks like Duran Duran - The Reflex and Bring Me The Horizon - Throne (SCEA)?
    Those are unavailable to me, and I've not yet seen any indication that they require Plus (and, more importantly, that if they do, whether their entitlements are tied to an active Plus subscription; I wouldn't mind terribly to sub for one month or so to get them, but not to keep paying just to keep them available). In the web store it tells me I cannot buy them because I already own "Rock Band 4 PreOrder" - seems silly that preordering would entitle me to FEWER tracks.

    @HMXOwl Note that there's some other persistent issues on the PS4 (SCEA) Store. For one, the Blitz Soundtrack pack does not disqualify the paid SKUs for the contained tracks, so they're still offered for sale. Only after you buy them are you told they're already installed (lost $6 that way already - not a huge amount, but the nightmare that is PS Support makes it effectively unrecoverable). There was a similar problem with the Country Mega Pack, haven't checked recently whether that still exists. Again something that the report run by @giginthesky may be able to confirm.

    Sorry for the untimely response. The main reason those tracks aren't on the report I have been generating is that it was intended to report on legacy RB3/PS3 content that was not working as expected for RB4/PS4. So I hadn't put in any effort to track tracks that came out for RB4/PS4.

    I actually excluded songs that aren't listed as available for both PS3 and PS4 (which is why certain versions of Queen songs don't show up).

    As you noted the pre-order tracks include the data that makes "unavailable for purchase" so you don't inadvertently buy them again. They don't have a corresponding Free SKU to make them available for nothing because you own the pre-order (I haven't compared them to other RB4/PS4 tracks, I had thought those were structured slightly differently.)

    I don't think the web page for the pre-order is still on the web site. I found some indications of what it might have been through google searches etc. But you should be able to look in your purchase history/download list. The web version is presumably a broken link these days. But on the console it may still allow you to download it again, (from your download list not from the store).

    I can confirm that there is no data present with the tracks that are included with the Blitz soundtrack to inhibit anyone from purchasing them. I recently made this mistake myself. I was able to get my $2 back, but I don't recommend pursuing it since they don't just make you listen to their all sales are final speech, you also have to put up with their seeming/feigned inability to comprehend that there is anything wrong with the way the store takes your money and delivers nothing to you.
  • ZastaiZastai Unsigned
    The problem with the "exclusive" tracks is that they were only included for Plus subscribers I believe. I don't have Plus, so did not get the tracks, but it looks like I'm now not allowed to buy them either. And it's not clear whether subscribing would make them availabke now, or whether they'd remain so after the plus sub ends.
  • You guys are doing awesome work bringing all those songs back. Thank you for that.

    Here are the few tracks im missing from my rb3 set list which are listed available on RBDB:

    1. Platform PS4 SIEE
    2. Tracks dont show up in PS4 store and Ingame Shop or show up with price tag (mostly the packs)
    3. All are legacy content
    4. What specific song, pack, or album you are having an issue with

    Singles:
    Shockwave / Black Tide / DLC, Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Beetlebum / Blur / DLC
    Waking the Demon / Bullet For My Valentine / DLC, Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Countdown to Insanity / H-Blockx / DLC
    Master of the Universe / Hawkwind / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Levitate / I Mother Earth / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Perfekte Welle / Juli / DLC
    My Sharona / The Knack / DLC
    Hysteria / Muse / DLC
    Hair of the Dog / Nazareth / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Who Knew / P!nk / DLC
    New Wave / Pleymo / DLC
    Truth Hits Everybody / The Police / (Arguably) Punk Pack 02, Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock
    Cherry Bomb / The Runaways / DLC

    Packs (think they are known):
    Get The Funk Out Pack 01 / (contains delisted song)
    RB3 PreorderPack (My Own Summer (Shove It), Burning Down the House, Blue Monday)/ (doesnt show up at all)
    Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack / (contains Pack exclusive song)
    2112 (contains Pack exclusive song)

    Obvious ones:
    Lego RB
    GD RB
    ACDC TP
    TP Vol.2

    RBDB User: L3SR9D
    Everything missing on wishlist, songs that should be available are flagged
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Zastai said:

    The problem with the "exclusive" tracks is that they were only included for Plus subscribers I believe. I don't have Plus, so did not get the tracks, but it looks like I'm now not allowed to buy them either. And it's not clear whether subscribing would make them availabke now, or whether they'd remain so after the plus sub ends.

    You didn't have to be a plus subscriber to get these tracks. I only recently joined Plus (once on-line was launched) and I bought The Reflex when it became available to PS4.
  • ZastaiZastai Unsigned
    edited February 22
    BachiG said:

    Zastai said:

    The problem with the "exclusive" tracks is that they were only included for Plus subscribers I believe. I don't have Plus, so did not get the tracks, but it looks like I'm now not allowed to buy them either. And it's not clear whether subscribing would make them availabke now, or whether they'd remain so after the plus sub ends.

    You didn't have to be a plus subscriber to get these tracks. I only recently joined Plus (once on-line was launched) and I bought The Reflex when it became available to PS4.
    Well, http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/11/rock-band-4-10-extra-songs-for-ps-plus-pre-orders/ and http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/258838/rock-band-4-digital-pre-orders-on-playstation-4-now-available both say the 10 tracks are for PS Plus preorders, and "exclusive to this offer". I take it you did not preorder RB4 on the PSN store?

    The forum post does say:
    HMXCrisis said:

    Q: If I don't pre-order the game or am not a member of PlayStation Plus, will I be able to buy and download the 10 bonus tracks?
    A: All of these tracks will be available to purchase as DLC. Stay tuned for details on availability.

    I guess that part wasn't fully implemented.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 22
    @Zastai Exclusive regarding the preorder itself (i.e. If you preorder from the PSN store but don't have PS+ or don't preorder at all then you have to buy the songs rather than get for free). The actual songs themselves were purchasable for everyone from October 6th 2015onwards.

    Oops put the wrong date, thought the talk was about the Rivals 10 but clearly it's not so I corrected the date.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    @Zastai Without being signed into the webstore, I can see the tracks available for purchase. When I signed in, the one song I did buy showed up as purchased. These were available at launch and I assume they were free if you pre-ordered the digital version. I pre-ordered the Amazon bundle so I got the 30+4 songs available from there. If these aren't working for you I would say open a ticket, if you haven't already, with HMX and start there.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I guess I never heard about Spinal Tap's fate due to living in the Big Bottom of a Hell Hole.
  • M-asterM-aster Unsigned
    Rock Band AC/DC Trackpack is now supported in SCEE areas officially.
  • The key piece of information about @Zastai 's issue is that it says the individual item is unavailable for purchase BECAUSE he owns the PREORDER item. Since that offer is expired it is reasonable to assume that the offer page is not up on the web site anymore. Since he bought it it would probably appear in his download list on the web store. And the item in that list would either link to the same item not found page that is common to all delisted content, or it would locate the product page if it does exist.

    But I think that if he owns it even though the content is no longer on the web store the behavior of the item in the download list on his console would be different. I have had to re-download items from my PS4 that had been delisted more recently than when I had acquired them on PS4. (e.g. I owned all the Fleetwood Mac tracks on PS3, some were still available when I got RB4 and I was eventually able to install them. Then they were de-listed from the web site. Then I re-installed RB4 in such a way that all my DLC was deleted from the PS4. I was able to re-downlood ALL the DLC including the tracks like Fleetwood Mac that were de-listed since I had installed them. If I were to try this from the web store the items in the download list when clicked say "Unable to find this page."

    So if you can find the tracks (or the preorder) in the download list on your console try that. If you can't, talk to Sony because your account seems to know you bought them and it should be on them to tell you how to get them.

    This is what I would expect (but what I expect is not always what happens).
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    Wildcat15 said:
    I'm more concerned for the delisted Dance Central song: Girls and Boys by Blur (http://www.rockbandaide.com/22964/more-music-leaving-the-rock-band-and-dance-central-music-stores/) I've always wanted that specific song for RB and it looks (more?) unlikely now.
  • Wildcat15 said:
    I've just bought the song that's going to delisted just recently, because it sounds intresting.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    That's one of the few songs I don't have. I'll have to pick it up soon.
  • "If you've already bought this tune, you'll be able to re-download this even after it's off of the storefront."

    For XB1 this probably won't be the case for some time as even the RHCP 8 pack has issues since its removal. So if you can, make sure it's backed up to a external hard drive or other usb storage device which works with XB1.
  • @HMXCrisis @HMXOwl can you guys look into this issue that @grumblevolcano mentions above
  • As an Xbox owner who bought an S, rest assured I've been following this up since getting here.
  • HMXOwl said:

    As an Xbox owner who bought an S, rest assured I've been following this up since getting here.

    Thank You, the only reason I bought an S is because my Day One died
  • AkuryuAkuryu Rising Star
    edited March 1

    "If you've already bought this tune, you'll be able to re-download this even after it's off of the storefront."

    For XB1 this probably won't be the case for some time as even the RHCP 8 pack has issues since its removal. So if you can, make sure it's backed up to a external hard drive or other usb storage device which works with XB1.

    It baffles me that they continue to state this, even though it is not true for half their customers. I really don't want to believe it's deliberate deception... but they know full well the situation on Xbox yet continue to assure customers "don't worry, if you already bought these you can get them back any time!" They rarely acknowledge the issue, even when it's brought up straight to them.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited March 5
    MacM0le81 said:

    You guys are doing awesome work bringing all those songs back. Thank you for that.

    Here are the few tracks im missing from my rb3 set list which are listed available on RBDB:

    1. Platform PS4 SIEE
    2. Tracks dont show up in PS4 store and Ingame Shop or show up with price tag (mostly the packs)
    3. All are legacy content
    4. What specific song, pack, or album you are having an issue with

    Singles:
    Shockwave / Black Tide / DLC, Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Beetlebum / Blur / DLC
    Waking the Demon / Bullet For My Valentine / DLC, Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Countdown to Insanity / H-Blockx / DLC
    Master of the Universe / Hawkwind / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Levitate / I Mother Earth / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Perfekte Welle / Juli / DLC
    My Sharona / The Knack / DLC
    Hysteria / Muse / DLC
    Hair of the Dog / Nazareth / Rock Band Metal Track Pack
    Who Knew / P!nk / DLC
    New Wave / Pleymo / DLC
    Truth Hits Everybody / The Police / (Arguably) Punk Pack 02, Rock Band Track Pack: Classic Rock
    Cherry Bomb / The Runaways / DLC

    Packs (think they are known):
    Get The Funk Out Pack 01 / (contains delisted song)
    RB3 PreorderPack (My Own Summer (Shove It), Burning Down the House, Blue Monday)/ (doesnt show up at all)
    Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack / (contains Pack exclusive song)
    2112 (contains Pack exclusive song)

    Obvious ones:
    Lego RB
    GD RB
    ACDC TP
    TP Vol.2

    RBDB User: L3SR9D
    Everything missing on wishlist, songs that should be available are flagged

    The Blur, H-Blockx, Juli, Muse, Pleymo and probably Les Wampas song (which you haven't mentioned) are 6 of the 9 EU Bonus Songs that were on the Rock Band 1 PS3 disc and did export into Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the PS3, but for whatever reason weren't included in the export download for the PS4.

    Then you've got "Hier Kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen and "Rock N Roll Star" by Oasis which were 2 more of EU Bonus Songs which exported into Rock Band 2 on the PS3, were blocked from Rock Band 3, but do work in Rock Band 4 on the PS4.

    But again, these songs weren't included in the Rock Band 1 export download for the PS4, nor were they ever made available for purchase separately in SIEE regions as they were for SCEA and XBOX users (a bit unfair).

    The only remaining EU Bonus Song was Tokio Hotel's "Monsoon" which did not export into Rock Band 2 or Rock Band 3.

    Since RB4's release, a couple of these songs have been delisted, but 6 of the 9 songs (all except Die Toten Hosen, Les Wampas and Tokio Hotel) are still available for purchase on the US PSN Store, so there's no reason why Harmonix can't at least make these available for us in SIEE regions. They should have been included in the Rock Band 1 export download for the PS4, but weren't. Harmonix were meant to look into the availability of these songs in SIEE regions, but we haven't heard anything back from them for almost a year.

    We still don't have "Follow Me Down" by The Pretty Reckless either!

    I'm missing a few songs/packs as well (some of which you have listed).... here's my list...
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTwO1KMQ8UI2xR2cONgBP0xeIrUVyVSW0Rxq82bAoWI

    p.s. A few of the songs you mentioned (Black Tide, P!nk, The Police) should be available. If you can't find them on the PS4's PSN Store or RB4's in-game store, try searching for the song name/artist at https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/
  • 1. PlayStation 4 SCEE (EU)
    2. Rockband 4 in game store
    3. Newly purchased 05/03/2017
    4. Weezer Pack 2
    5. Using the Rockband 4 in game store, purchased "Weezer Pack 2", but after payment went through, I was presented with a blue screen that said "no content available" and offered no way to download the pack.

    In the game menu the pack is displaying as "purchase" and my account has been billed.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    LizardFTI said:

    1. PlayStation 4 SCEE (EU)
    2. Rockband 4 in game store
    3. Newly purchased 05/03/2017
    4. Weezer Pack 2
    5. Using the Rockband 4 in game store, purchased "Weezer Pack 2", but after payment went through, I was presented with a blue screen that said "no content available" and offered no way to download the pack.

    In the game menu the pack is displaying as "purchase" and my account has been billed.

    There's currently no PS4 version of that pack available in SIEE regions.

    If you bought the songs from that pack individually, they have PS4 versions, but the actual pack doesn't. It's kinda like the February Hearteache Duets Pack, Ozzy 8 Pack and others that have PS3 versions, but nothing for the PS4.

    It'll probably get fixed at some point. Most likely once all of the Exports have been dealt with.
  • Graffin said:

    LizardFTI said:

    1. PlayStation 4 SCEE (EU)
    2. Rockband 4 in game store
    3. Newly purchased 05/03/2017
    4. Weezer Pack 2
    5. Using the Rockband 4 in game store, purchased "Weezer Pack 2", but after payment went through, I was presented with a blue screen that said "no content available" and offered no way to download the pack.

    In the game menu the pack is displaying as "purchase" and my account has been billed.

    There's currently no PS4 version of that pack available in SIEE regions.

    If you bought the songs from that pack individually, they have PS4 versions, but the actual pack doesn't. It's kinda like the February Hearteache Duets Pack, Ozzy 8 Pack and others that have PS3 versions, but nothing for the PS4.

    It'll probably get fixed at some point. Most likely once all of the Exports have been dealt with.
    Thank you for your reply. All the tracks aren't actually available individually (I only wanted the "Sweater Song").

    I guess the bug here then is that PS3 content is displaying in the PS4 Rockband 4 in game store and allowing users to purchase it.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    LizardFTI said:

    Graffin said:

    LizardFTI said:

    1. PlayStation 4 SCEE (EU)
    2. Rockband 4 in game store
    3. Newly purchased 05/03/2017
    4. Weezer Pack 2
    5. Using the Rockband 4 in game store, purchased "Weezer Pack 2", but after payment went through, I was presented with a blue screen that said "no content available" and offered no way to download the pack.

    In the game menu the pack is displaying as "purchase" and my account has been billed.

    There's currently no PS4 version of that pack available in SIEE regions.

    If you bought the songs from that pack individually, they have PS4 versions, but the actual pack doesn't. It's kinda like the February Hearteache Duets Pack, Ozzy 8 Pack and others that have PS3 versions, but nothing for the PS4.

    It'll probably get fixed at some point. Most likely once all of the Exports have been dealt with.
    Thank you for your reply. All the tracks aren't actually available individually (I only wanted the "Sweater Song").

    I guess the bug here then is that PS3 content is displaying in the PS4 Rockband 4 in game store and allowing users to purchase it.
    Yeah, that's a bit misleading if it's showing up in the RB4 in-game store and allowing people to purchase content that's not actually available yet.

    I know this doesn't help you, but according to the web store, the songs are available individually...
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/'my-name-is-jonas'-weezer/cid=EP0006-BLES00228_00-RBMYNAMEICCF02CE
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/'pork-and-beans'-weezer/cid=EP0006-BLES00228_00-RBPORKANDCCF02CD
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/'undone-the-sweater-song'-weezer/cid=EP0006-BLES00228_00-RBUNDONEXCCF02CC

    It's just the Weezer Pack 02, that has no PS4 version yet...
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-au/games/addons/weezer-pack-02/cid=EP0006-BLES00228_00-RBWEEZEP2CCF02CB

    I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually, but if you really want the Sweater Song, it's there!
Sign In or Register to comment.