Rock Band 4 - Marketplace Tracking - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    I'm eagerly awaiting The Naked Brothers Band, Snoop Dogg (bought the pack, can't download the singles), and Locksley!
  • PrByTorPrByTor Unsigned
    Gamer Tag = PrByTor
    Platform = Xbox One
    Rock Band in-game Music Store.
    From Rock Band 4, I purchasaed the Rock Band 3 Export. I have purchased Rock Band, RB 2, RB3, Beatles RB, Lego RB throughout the years.
    What specific song, pack, or album you are having an issue with: My Rock Band 3 Export is not showing up in my song list. When I go to the Store/Exports and select the Rock Band 3, I have "Purchased" next to "RB3 Disc Export Pack". When I click on the line item it comes back with "Looks like you already own this" With a "Close" button. When I click on the Close button, I get "You already own Rock Band 3 Export Pack" with another "Close" button. When RB3 Disc Export Pack selected and I go into "Purchase Options" The next screen is blank.

I read somewhere that I need to completely shut down the Xbox. I have done that and nothing has changed.

Thanks In Advance.

William (Bill) Gerling Jr.
  • @PrByTor Once you've purchased the RB3 export, the 83 songs will appear in "Ready to Install". To get there hover over Rock Band 4 on the dashboard and press the button with 3 lines on your controller (or start if you're using a Xbox 360 controller) then select "Manage game".
  • Gamer Tag = IN3VITABL3
    Platform = Xbox One
    Rock Band in-game Music Store and Xbox Store
    Purchased all previous Rock Bands (1 - 3) with release throughout the years. Rock Band 3 export works in Rock Band 4. But pretty much all songs from Rock Band 2 appear in store for €1,99 each and not for free. On your advice I didn't download them because I don't have to pay again.

I will love to have these songs again in my library (Muse, System of a Down etc.).

Thanks for your much appreciated help!

Paul
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 27
    Did you *export* RB1 and 2 last generation? Using the same gamertag? The only people entitled to the exports this generation are people who bought the exports last generation when they could. Just owning the old games isn't enough. Were you able to play your RB1 and RB2 songs (Hysteria, Chop Suey!) in RB3?

Muse's "Hysteria" didn't export for anyone this generation. It was one of the bonus songs added to RB1 exclusively in Europe, that they couldn't work out the legalities to grant as part of this generation's version of the RB1 export. But they were able to get it added to the marketplace, so it can be bought.
  • edited November 27

Did you *export* RB1 and 2 last generation? Using the same gamertag? The only people entitled to the exports this generation are people who bought the exports last generation when they could. Just owning the old games isn't enough. Were you able to play your RB1 and RB2 songs (Hysteria, Chop Suey!) in RB3?

Muse's "Hysteria" didn't export for anyone this generation. It was one of the bonus songs added to RB1 exclusively in Europe, that they couldn't work out the legalities to grant as part of this generation's version of the RB1 export. But they were able to get it added to the marketplace, so it can be bought.

Thanks for your appreciated response!

Yes, with every new Rock Band I bought (just after release) I exported the previous Rock Band. So, in Rock Band 3 I could play all previous songs.. :)
  • @pietsma Have you checked your ready to install section for the songs? I described how to access that in my above post, you may find your songs there.
  • I also did that! Before I posted this question I've tried to search this forum for possible solutions.. :) There where songs that appeared in this sections though, only not for Rock Band 2. If I only knew what I'm doing wrong.

Rock Band 4 is still a very good and enjoyable game though! Thumbs up!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Is it possible you had a different gamertag in the XB360 era ... that you bought the exports on a gamertag that was homed to your XB360 (which would have made the content playable by all users of that XB360) but is not the same tag you use on your XB1?

Do you still control the email account that your gamertag would have been associated with when you bought those exports? You might still have the emails confirming your purchase... which would be helpful if you need to initiate a claim with MS and/or HMX. And if you CAN'T find the purchase confirmation emails in the email account of your gamertag, that might be a good sign that that wasn't the gamertag that bought them. :)
  • I always had the same gamertag, never changed it. What's also strange is that all the songs from Rock Band 1 are there, correctly downloaded and imported into my playlist from Rock Band 4.

To be complete; I've bought all the physical versions of Rock Band with release. Each time with release of the new version I've added point to my Microsoft / Xbox Live account to import the 'old' Rock Band into the new Rock Band, in combination with the provided codes with the physical copies of the game.
  • pietsma said:

I always had the same gamertag, never changed it. What's also strange is that all the songs from Rock Band 1 are there, correctly downloaded and imported into my playlist from Rock Band 4.

To be complete; I've bought all the physical versions of Rock Band with release. Each time with release of the new version I've added point to my Microsoft / Xbox Live account to import the 'old' Rock Band into the new Rock Band, in combination with the provided codes with the physical copies of the game.

Can you find the appropriate downloads in your purchase history?
  • LoopyChew said:

Can you find the appropriate downloads in your purchase history?

Thanks for that link! Much appreciated! I can see now that my download history on my gamer tag even goes back to 12/01/2006 (first Xbox era). I'm 'shocked' that I've bought/downloaded that much! Haha :) Very, very much seperate songs, song packs, Rock Band 1 export key, even all Dance Central export keys (it's still a pity that al previous disc songs can't be imported into Dance Central Spot Light, which I've bought a Kinect for. But that's for another topic).. :)

Strange enough I can't trace the Rock Band 2 export key, which is totally weird because I took the same steps as with Rock Band 1 and 3. Rock Band 2 songs were, for this very reason, also available in Rock Band 3. You also can see on the print screen that there's a 'your Rock Band 2 bonus songs' between my purchases/downloads...

I really hope this can be corrected. Even more because, so you can see, I'm an early adopter and loyal supporter of your products!
  • Loopy's not an employee, don't give him too much credit to making Rock Band. ; )

But yeah, if it ain't in your history, it...well, ain't. We can't create entitlements for anything under any circumstances, so unless Xbox Support can do something for you, you probably just paid for it on another account that hopefully isn't lost to time or something.
  • @pietsma The Rock Band 2 export came out in October 2010 so try looking around there. "Your Rock Band 2 Bonus Songs" is something different, namely there were 20 songs you could get for free with the Rock Band 2 manual code (e.g. Bounce, Prequel to the Sequel, Young).
  • HMXOwl said:

Loopy's not an employee, don't give him too much credit to making Rock Band. ; )

But yeah, if it ain't in your history, it...well, ain't. We can't create entitlements for anything under any circumstances, so unless Xbox Support can do something for you, you probably just paid for it on another account that hopefully isn't lost to time or something.

All credits to you and your team then! :)

I can imagine how much crazy stories you hear from frustrated Rock Band players who can't import a song or something else, which afterwards was a mistake from that very same player.. However, I'm absolutely certain that I've never had another gamer tag or something else. Stupid thing also is that from my print screen, you can also see that I've purchased the disc version of Rock Band 2 (because of the song pack). I'm with you that it's very strange that the export key isn't traced. But I also hope you are a little bit on my side that it's between al logic that everything, incl. the Rock Band 2 song packs, Rock Band 1 and 3 export keys, all the other separate songs and songs packs, has been downloaded with my current Xbox Live tag and only the Rock Band 2 export key isn't.

Although I totally understand you can't create anything 'that isn't there', it's also a little but frustrating to know that I own all copies of Rock Band and Dance Central from the beginning, that I'm a very loyal and enthusiastic supporter who has spend a lot of € into your games, and because of this error (that's how I look at it) I miss the Rock Band 2 songs in my playlist. Off course, I still have around 360 other songs to choose from, but that's another story.. :)

On another forum I've read that more players have this problem of missing Rock Band 2 export key in their Xbox Live tag purchase/download history. Maybe I'm not the only one with this problem?

I don't mean to sound mad or something. I'm still enjoying your game and are happy with your responses to my questions. Just a little frustrated with this error and not knowing how to get it corrected.

Ps. sorry for my English. It's not my home language (I'm actually Dutch).
  • PrByTorPrByTor Unsigned

@PrByTor Once you've purchased the RB3 export, the 83 songs will appear in "Ready to Install". To get there hover over Rock Band 4 on the dashboard and press the button with 3 lines on your controller (or start if you're using a Xbox 360 controller) then select "Manage game".

Thank you very much!!!! I kept looking for these in the system updates, not the game itself.

• pietsma said:

HMXOwl said:

Loopy's not an employee, don't give him too much credit to making Rock Band. ; )

All credits to you and your team then! :)

I can imagine how much crazy stories you hear from frustrated Rock Band players who can't import a song or something else, which afterwards was a mistake from that very same player.. However, I'm absolutely certain that I've never had another gamer tag or something else. Stupid thing also is that from my print screen, you can also see that I've purchased the disc version of Rock Band 2 (because of the song pack). I'm with you that it's very strange that the export key isn't traced. But I also hope you are a little bit on my side that it's between al logic that everything, incl. the Rock Band 2 song packs, Rock Band 1 and 3 export keys, all the other separate songs and songs packs, has been downloaded with my current Xbox Live tag and only the Rock Band 2 export key isn't.

Although I totally understand you can't create anything 'that isn't there', it's also a little but frustrating to know that I own all copies of Rock Band and Dance Central from the beginning, that I'm a very loyal and enthusiastic supporter who has spend a lot of € into your games, and because of this error (that's how I look at it) I miss the Rock Band 2 songs in my playlist. Off course, I still have around 360 other songs to choose from, but that's another story.. :)

On another forum I've read that more players have this problem of missing Rock Band 2 export key in their Xbox Live tag purchase/download history. Maybe I'm not the only one with this problem?

I don't mean to sound mad or something. I'm still enjoying your game and are happy with your responses to my questions. Just a little frustrated with this error and not knowing how to get it corrected.

Ps. sorry for my English. It's not my home language (I'm actually Dutch).
    Yeah, I just mod here (I live in Switzerland).

You don't happen to have your old 360 on you, do you?
  • I still have my Xbox 360, somewhere on the attic. Why?
  • pietsma said:

I still have my Xbox 360, somewhere on the attic. Why?

Can you check on your Xbox 360 if there are other profiles signed in?
  • OakTeaOakTea Road Warrior
    edited December 2
    PS4 SCEA (Canada) here. Something odd...trying to download a pack/album from the playstation store website results in it adding a single song to your download queue from that pack and not the rest.

Are You Experienced (which I'm missing songs in my library from EDIT: Actually, I have the songs -- I was looking at wikipedia for the track listing rather than a Rock Band source. Oops!) downloads Purple Haze and nothing else, and the Cheap Trick pack downloads Surrender and nothing else it seems. One of the Green Day Packs (Green Day 02?) may have downloaded Christian's Inferno and called it a day, but I forgot to check.

Is anyone else experiencing trouble with any of these?

EDIT: Also, I confirmed that the Cheap Trick Pack only added "Surrender" to my library.