Rock Band 4: Legacy DLC Guide (Updated: 12/14/16)

NtanelNtanel Unsigned
edited December 2016 in Rock Band
The following information contains proven methods that players have used to re-obtain their previously purchased downloadable content for import into the North American version of Rock Band 4. These tips may also work for other regions. You should never have to pay to re-download previously purchased DLC.

-----

To check all exported DLC for Rock Band 4:
PlayStation 4: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ - They will be listed under the Media tab as "Rock Band 4" and "ROCK BAND 4 (RB1&2 RESUBMISSIONS)".
XBox One: https://account.xbox.com/ - If you cannot find it, try the Download List.

Download Lists:
PS4: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/download/list
XB1: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history

To export previous DLC singles - Option 1:
Go to either the PlayStation Store (http://store.playstation.com/) or the XBox Marketplace (http://store.xbox.com/) and search for each song by title. They should show up as purchased. Set them to be queued for download by your console.

To export previous DLC singles - Option 2:
Go to your console's store and search for each song by title. They should show up as purchased. Download and install them.

To export previous DLC singles - Option 3:
Load up Rock Band 4, go to the Music Store ("Get More Songs") and search for each song by title. They should show up as purchased. Download them. You may have to reload your Song Cache in the Options Menu before items appear correctly in the Music Store.

To export Rock Band Blitz for PS4:
On your PS3 re-download the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack(s). You can find it in your Download list. As soon as the soundtrack is repurchased, the PS4 will add the songs to the RB4 Add-On list. You will have to download and install them each manually.

To export the Track Packs for PS4:
On the PlayStation Store, search for "Track Pack" and "View All" games. The one(s) that you own should show as purchased. Set them to be queued for download by your console.

To export Rock Band Blitz, Green Day (Except for Viva La Gloria) and the Track Packs for XB1:
On your XB1, you should find them in your Download list. Depending upon your settings, you may have to download and install them each manually.

To export Rock Band and Rock Band 3 for PS4/XB1:
Load up Rock Band 4, to go the Music Store ("Get More Songs") and then scroll down to "Exports". They should show up as purchased. Select the game and download them. You may have to reload your Song Cache in the Options Menu before items appear correctly in the Music Store.

To export Rock Band 2, AC/DC Live, Green Day and LEGO: Rock Band for PS4/XB1:
Go to your console's store and search for the "Export Pack". The one(s) that you own should show as purchased. Download and install them.

Disc Export Availability (Exportable Tracks):
Rock Band 1 (56) - Released
Rock Band 2 (70) - Released
Rock Band 3 (83) - Released ($15 USD)
AC/DC (18) - Released
Beatles (0) - Never
Green Day (44) - Released
Green Day Plus (50) - Released
LEGO (42) - Released
- Also See: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5198889/#Comment_5198889
TP: Volume 1 (20) - Each song is available individually in the Music Store.
TP: Volume 2 (20) - Released
TP: Classic Rock (20) - Released
TP: Country (20) - Released
TP: Country 2 (20) - Released
TP: Metal (20) - Released

DLC Export Availability (Exportable Tracks):
Rock Band Blitz (25) - Released
Rock Band™ Twenty Free Track Pack (Rock Band 2 Bonus Tracks) - Released
Rock Band 3 Pre-Order Pack (20) - Released
GameStop RB3 Pre-Order Tracks (20) - Released (XB1) / Mid-2016 (PS4)
The Doors RB3 Free Launch Pack (3) - Released
RB4 Pre-Order DLC Bundle (30) - Released
30 Song Mega Pack (RB4) - Released
Rock Band Free Pack 1 - Released

RB3 (U.S.) Export: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/261599/preparing-for-the-rock-band-3-export-u-s?new=1
HMX Blog: http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-previous-game-soundtracks-in-rock-band-4/

Reinstall Song Library (XB1):
- On the Xbox One Home screen, navigate to the "My Games and Apps".
-- Navigate to "Games".
-- Navigate to "Rock Band 4".
-- Press the start button and choose "Manage Rock Band 4".
-- Navigate to "Ready to Install" – If you are entitled to the content, you should see ### tracks appear in this section.
-- Choose “Install All”. Keep in mind that this will Install all Rock Band content that you have associated with the game.
-- Once complete, navigate to your "Song Library". The exported Rock Band tracks should be available in your Song Library to play!
--- Be sure to restart Rock Band 4 if you do not see your recently downloaded tracks in-game immediately.

* There are at least a half-dozen threads on these forums with people finding things on the same console (PS4/XB1) that others cannot. I can only assume that there must be some process that while HMX updates files, Microsoft/Sony are slowly updating peoples' accounts to display new item availability. For example, I was only able to download Blitz a week after some others could. Until your account can access some of the content, you will not be able to find it.

^ If you wish for access to the soundtrack of a specific game, because you did not export the content when you had the chance, you have two choices. First, you can always see which tracks are available (http://www.harmonixmusic.com/rock-band-legacy-songs/) in the catalog and purchase them in-game or via your console's store. Second, you can always request (http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request) the songs to be added to the catalog. If enough people request the songs, perhaps they will be added and maybe a bundle of tracks will be released at a discounted price.

Need more details, check out the following comprehensive thread with discussion: http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/259574/transferring-dlc-to-rb4-comprehensive-list-and-how-to-12-2-15-update-to-ps-xbox/p1

-----

If you have a tip, please post a comment and I will add it to this post. There are plenty of other topics on these forums for general conversation, so let us keep the comments on the topic here. Check out the comment below for other information. Thanks.

Comments

• NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited May 2016
    Missing Track Pack Volume One & LEGO Rock Band?
    Well, you can actually buy every song of the original Track Pack individually since it was never released on the PS3 or X360. However, if you get lucky, you may discover discount codes or a sale and instead of spending $40 USD, you may actually save some money. I spent approximately $25 USD to receive the entire Track Pack, that is $1.25 USD per song!

- Rock Band Track Pack Volume One -
    30 Seconds to Mars - "The Kill"
    All-American Rejects - "Move Along"
    Blink-182 - "All the Small Things"
    Boston - "More Than a Feeling"
    David Bowie - "Moonage Daydream"
    Faith No More - "We Care a Lot"
    Grateful Dead - "Truckin'"
    Hives - "Die, All Right!"
    KISS - "Calling Dr. Love"
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Gimme Three Steps"
    Nine Inch Nails - "March of the Pigs"
    Oasis - "Live Forever"
    Paramore - "Crushcrushcrush"
    Queens of the Stone Age - "Little Sister"
    Ramones - "Teenage Lobotomy"
    Smashing Pumpkins - "Siva"
    Stone Temple Pilots - "Interstate Love Song"
    The Police - "Synchronicity II"
    Weezer - "Buddy Holly"
    Wolfmother - "Joker & the Thief"

LEGO Rock Band had an online redemption process available for a number of years and if you missed your chance to export the game, you may get lucky in the future and be able to purchase the content as either single tracks or a bundle. However, that luck requires a lot of us visiting http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request and requesting each song in the soundtrack. Luckily, a few songs have been released in an alternate version.

- LEGO Rock Band -
    Blink-182 - "Aliens Exist"
    Blur - "Song 2"
    Boys Like Girls - "Thunder"
    Bryan Adams - "Summer of '69"
    Carl Douglas - "Kung Fu Fighting"
    Counting Crows - "Accidentally In Love"
    David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
    Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"
    Europe - "The Final Countdown"
    Everlife - "Real Wild Child"
    Foo Fighters - "Breakout"
    Good Charlotte - "Girls & Boys"
    Iggy Pop - "The Passenger"
    Incubus - "Dig"
    Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
    Kaiser Chiefs - "Ruby"
    Katrina & the Waves - "Walking on Sunshine"
    Korn - "Word Up!"
    KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See"
    Lostprophets - "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)"
    Pink - "So What"
    Rascal Flatts - "Life is a Highway"
    Ray Parker Jr. - "Ghostbusters"
    Razorlight - "Stumble and Fall"
    Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"
    Spinal Tap - "Short and Sweet"
    Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)"
    Sum 41 - "In Too Deep"
    Supergrass - "Grace"
    T. Rex - "Ride a White Swan"
    The All-American Rejects - "Swing, Swing"
    The Automatic - "Monster"
    The Coral - "Dreaming of You"
    The Hives - "Tick Tick Boom"
    The Kooks - "Naïve"
    The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
    The Primitives - "Crash"
    The Zutons - "Valerie"
    Tom Petty - "Free Fallin'"
    Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
    We the Kings - "Check Yes Juliet"

- Already Available in an Alternate Version -
    Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name" (RB3)
    Queen - "We Are the Champions" (RB3)
    Queen - "We Will Rock You" (RB3)
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Fire" (Live)

Rock Band 4 Stratocaster Guitar Issue:
    If you find that during a song you suddenly do not seem to be able to hit notes that you normally would, it is a bug in the game. As you can see, you are still making the frets light up on screen. The cause of the bug is typically the result of pop-ups, such as when five stars are achieved. However, the bug has also appeared at the start of a song as well as after activating star power. If you do not want to restart the song and also do not mind missing a few notes, simply pause the game and then resume it.
  • Has anyone got this:

"To export Rock Band Blitz and Green Day (digital) for PS4:
    On your PS3 re-download the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack. You can find it in your Download list. As soon as the soundtrack is repurchased, the PS4 will add the songs to the RB4 Add-On list. You will have to download and install them each manually."

via PS4 as it suggests?
  • FuzzbapFuzzbap Unsigned
    edited October 2015

Has anyone got this:

"To export Rock Band Blitz and Green Day (digital) for PS4:
    On your PS3 re-download the Rock Band Blitz soundtrack. You can find it in your Download list. As soon as the soundtrack is repurchased, the PS4 will add the songs to the RB4 Add-On list. You will have to download and install them each manually."

via PS4 as it suggests?

UK store user here. I've redownloaded the soundtrack on PS3, but the tracks (e.g. Cult of Personality) still show as £1.19 in-store. That's on the webstore, the PS4 store and the in-game store.

EDIT: After checking out other tips here, I booted up RB Blitz on PS3, which told me I had "not downloaded the Blitz soundtrack". Hit OK to download it, then checked my add-ons in the "Game Overview" section of the PS4 menu, and there all the Blitz tracks were!
  • I did get the blitz to download, but not greenday export as it suggests. Any ps4 user get greenday export to work like the discussion says?
  • muellymuelly Unsigned
    If I purchase blitz now on PS3 and load it up can I export to ps4?

• muelly said:

If I purchase blitz now on PS3 and load it up can I export to ps4?

It worked for me just last week
  • Greenday for ps4 work? Anyone?
  • Downloaded my Rockband Blitz soundtrack back to my PS3 and lunched the game with it as well on the PS3.

Went to the PS4 and notting there with the songs from It says i have to buy every single one of the songs again :/.

Why couldn't all this stuff just work easy ? LoL
  • Downloaded my Rockband Blitz soundtrack back to my PS3 and lunched the game with it as well on the PS3.

I lunched as well...:p
  • defjukiedefjukie Opening Act

Downloaded my Rockband Blitz soundtrack back to my PS3 and lunched the game with it as well on the PS3.

Went to the PS4 and notting there with the songs from It says i have to buy every single one of the songs again :/.

Why couldn't all this stuff just work easy ? LoL

You have to go to your games library -> rock band 4 -> my add-ons

The songs will be listed there with a handy little arrow to download them to your PS4
  • muellymuelly Unsigned
    Can someone verify if we buy blitz now it will work? I've heard some in other threads mention if they just bought it it wouldn't work just yet.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I have heard from SCEE users that they've got it to work off new purchase. I don't think I've seen confirmation from SCEA new Blitz purchasers.
  • muellymuelly Unsigned
    Are the songs able to be downloaded with 1 click on ps4 or must each song be found in the store and downloaded? I really wish there was a simple way to download these full game based carryovers.
    I clicked on the Blitz item in my PS4 history (after triggering it via Blitz on PS3) and it auto-queued all 25 individual items. I did not have to click on all 25 one by one.

Same for the Classic Rock Track Pack export. The one item auto-queued the twenty component parts for download.
  • muellymuelly Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Dumb question. Where are you viewing your history in the ps4 that you can easily DL from? I've always just scrolled through until I found what I own. It's painful!
    Actually, I now remember I was viewing it in the webstore (store.playstation.com) . When you hover mouse over your userid in the upper right there is a dropdown list. Click on "Download List". There should be an item named "Rock Band Blitz Soundtrack".
  • GoneNuclearGoneNuclear Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Again has anyone gotten GreenDay to work on PS4 as listed in the first comment?
  • muellymuelly Unsigned
    Does greenday export still work if it hasn't been done. PS4
  • Again has anyone gotten GreenDay to work on PS4 as listed in the first comment?

I'm pretty sure no one's gotten it yet. That link you posted earlier has been there since day one, and doesn't work.
  • Again has anyone gotten GreenDay to work on PS4 as listed in the first comment?

I'm pretty sure no one's gotten it yet. That link you posted earlier has been there since day one, and doesn't work.
    Correct but whomever originally created this post said it was possible. Just wanted his instructions detailed better.
  • So I seem to have 3 main types of issues and I"m not sure if they're with Harmonix or Sony, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. There are songs that don't show up as available at all, but I've already purchased so I should still be able to play (examples are: Smooth Criminal, No Woman, No Cry)
    2. There are songs that when I go to the RB4 store don't give me a price (just show ***) but that I've confirmed I've already bought (examples are: When I'm Gone, Dave Matthews Band 01)
    3. Lastly there are songs that show as "Purchased" but when I try to redownload them through my PC it just clocks or when I try to go through the RB4 store it won't seem to find the download for them (examples are: Take Me Out, Crazy Little Thing Called Love)

Again any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
    First we'd need to know if you're in North America (SCEA) or elsewhere (SCEE), because the problems and expectations between the two vary somewhat.

1. Some songs have been delisted (HMX no longer has the rights to sell them to new purchasers), and because of technical / storefront policy issues they presently have been unable to make them available for redownload to past purchasers, but they're working on it. Smooth Criminal definitely fits this category - nobody's seeing Smooth Criminal right now. No Woman No Cry is definitely in the SCEA PS store, I just checked (it does not have a comma in it).
    2. In the RB4 store (aside: don't use the RB4 store, the Sony webfront or console marketplace are more reliable), *** usually shows for songs that you own the bundle for. If "When I'm Gone" is showing ***, it likely means you own Three Doors Down 01, and you need to redownload the pack, not that single. I can't explain Dave Matthews Band 01 though - haven't seen that problem for packs. Again I suggest a store that isn't the in-game store. Sometimes the in-game store gets things confused on entitlements while the platforms stores have a better idea.
    3. Some tracks that should be fine are just downright problematic right now. Take Me Out is one, as are several Queen tracks. We just gotta wait for Sony to apply a fix.
  • @thatmarkguy : I am in North America, so SCEA.

For #1, I'll definitely look into those but thought I didn't see them in the store.

For #2, I checked that as well, and have confirmed that I bought those as individual tracks, not the packs. I'm also having the issue with 2112 pack.

For #3, I figured as much, thankfully that's only 3 tracks that I'm having that specific issue with (Come on Eileen being the other one), most of my issues fall into Category #2.

Thanks for your help.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Ntanel said:

To export Rock Band Blitz, Green Day (digital), TP: Classic Rock and TP: Country for XOne:
    On your XOne, you should find them in your Download list. Depending upon your settings, you may have to download and install them each manually.

I've gotten both Country track packs and Blitz to work on Xbox One but Classic Rock track pack is not showing up as purchased. It does show up on the xbox live site download history, but that does not really help.
  • Where exactly is this "download list" on Xbox One? Trying to download Country and Classic Rock Pack 1
  • lmx said:

Where exactly is this "download list" on Xbox One? Trying to download Country and Classic Rock Pack 1

Country should just let you download each song individually, as long as you are on the gamertag that bought it for 360 (how it worked for me). But, as far as I know, Xbox One does not have an on-console gamertag download history like 360 does.

• lmx said:

Where exactly is this "download list" on Xbox One? Trying to download Country and Classic Rock Pack 1

Country should just let you download each song individually, as long as you are on the gamertag that bought it for 360 (how it worked for me). But, as far as I know, Xbox One does not have an on-console gamertag download history like 360 does.
    Interesting, I tried the individual tracks for these two pack and they attempt to charge me each time. Every other song I own worked fine. Maybe these two need a bit of time yet. Thank you
  • Kolma_Kolma_ Unsigned
    No luck downloading my Track Pack: Classic Rock songs on Xbox One.

• Interesting, I tried the individual tracks for these two pack and they attempt to charge me each time. Every other song I own worked fine. Maybe these two need a bit of time yet. Thank you

Hmm. Weird. Country Track Pack 1 songs started working for me earlier this week. And Country Tack Pack 2 songs were available for me when I checked this morning.