Rock Band 4: Legacy DLC Guide (Updated: 12/14/16)

Comments

• NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    I do not have a digital copy of Green Day, so it is the only tip that I could not confirm for myself. Blitz did work for me as described. However, only the online store option worked for me when it came to TP: Classic Rock. Blitz ended up in my add-on queue, so I just needed to download each song. TP: Classic Rock queued, downloaded and installed when I sent the command from the website.

The inconsistency between methods to acquire legacy DLC is nerve-racking. I do not even know if they are consistent between people. Some find their content in the store, others in the game and some on the website.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited October 2015
    Ntanel said:

TP: Classic Rock queued, downloaded and installed when I sent the command from the website.

For Xbox One? The only pack Classic Rock I see available for Rock Band 4 on the Xbox site is Classic Rock Pack 01 which is different than the Classic Rock Track Pack.

• NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    There are at least a half-dozen threads on these forums with people finding things on the same console (XOne/PS4) that someone else cannot. I can only assume that there must be some process that while HMX updates files, Microsoft/Sony are slowly updating peoples' accounts to display new item availability. For example, I was able to download Blitz a week after some others could. Until your account can access some of the content, you will not be able to find it.

The way that they have numbered the track packs is odd... Everything is listed as either a volume or sub-title. For example, Track Pack: Volume Two, Volume Three (Classic Rock) and etc... When I went to download Classic Rock, it showed up as Volume Three, but Country showed up as Country.

The Sony site also lists the Classic Rock Pack 01, it contains a few songs. However, searching "track pack" has been successful for myself and others. By the way, there should be no Track Pack: Volume One as it was only available for the PS2 and Wii.
  • I have discovered a bug and have a temporary fix for you. It is in the first comment on page one. Ciao!
  • DJMAKODJMAKO Opening Act
    I purchased the disk based country pack for xbox 360 and exported the tracks to the platform from the disk.

Since the day of Rock Band 4's release, I was able to download tracks like Dixie Chicks - Sin Wagon and Lucinda Williams - Can't let Go for free. but tracks like Willie Nelson - On the Road Again and Kenny Rogers - The Gambler are still, to this day, showing up that I need to purchase them.

The tracks ask me to buy them in the Rock Band store and the Microsoft store as well.
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited November 2015
    I had a similar issue with the Classic Rock Track Pack where The Joker by the Steve Miller Band was not available for download. I turned on the game on Wednesday and the song was in the game's song list. It just seems that it takes time for whatever to happen. I have been checking every Friday for other exports to be available.
  • Is there some way to get DLC from RB3 to RB4, namely Metallica and Dinosaur Jr.? From what I've read, the recently released export feature is just for the songs provided with the RB3 disc.
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited January 2016
    According to Harmonix via Twitter, the Green Day export is fully available to PS4 owners who exported the game on their PS3s... Has anyone had any problems exporting it and if so, what did you do to overcome the issue? I tried to re-download the export, like I did with Blitz, on my PS3 to get my Ps4 to recognize it and add it to Rock Band 4's add-ons, but still no luck.

P.S. I can also confirm that the Rock Band 2 export is listed as PS3 & PS4 compatible. I just do not think that it is available yet. You can see for yourself via your PS3 Download List.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Ntanel said:

According to Harmonix via Twitter, the Green Day export is fully available to PS4 owners who exported the game on their PS3s... Has anyone had any problems exporting it and if so, what did you do to overcome the issue? I tried to re-download the export, like I did with Blitz, on my PS3 to get my Ps4 to recognize it and add it to Rock Band 4's add-ons, but still no luck.

P.S. I can also confirm that the Rock Band 2 export is listed as PS3 & PS4 compatible. I just do not think that it is available yet. You can see for yourself via your PS3 Download List.

Signals got crossed. They were thinking of X1. Green Day is not available on PS4.
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    Thanks for the correction.
  • i still don't see the country track packs on xbox one they still say purchase
  • I see the first one available on the PS4. I cannot confirm the second one or what is on XB1. I just edit the original post when I see the reports in the threads that are just too big to parse through.
  • Can you play the actual Rock Band Blitz game on the PS4 like you can on the PS3 or are you only able to download the soundtrack?
  • MushroomMushroom Road Warrior
    nycki75 said:

Can you play the actual Rock Band Blitz game on the PS4 like you can on the PS3 or are you only able to download the soundtrack?

Just download the soundtrack to RB4
  • Ok thank you
  • i still don't see the country track packs on xbox one they still say purchase

This, the export still isn't showing up, and it expects me to pay for each song. I contacted support and they stated the track pack export is still not live -- it's an error in this post.
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    TP Classic Rock and Country is available, I am not sure why they are not working for you.
  • solidsnakejtsolidsnakejt Road Warrior
    Ntanel said:

TP Classic Rock and Country is available, I am not sure why they are not working for you.

Not working for me neither...

Cant download country, acdc and many many other songs.
    I guess "the doors" is also still unavailable for everybody?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act

Ntanel said:

Not working for me neither...

Cant download country, acdc and many many other songs.
    I guess "the doors" is also still unavailable for everybody?
    The Doors 12 pack is available for me, the pre order 3 pack thing isn't though.
  • seefilmsseefilms Unsigned
    Can't get RockBand Classic Track Pack onto RockBand 4. It tells me I have to buy the individual tracks. I've used the code and downloaded the tracks into RB3...but nothing for RB4. Ugh.
  • seefilms said:

Can't get RockBand Classic Track Pack onto RockBand 4. It tells me I have to buy the individual tracks. I've used the code and downloaded the tracks into RB3...but nothing for RB4. Ugh.

Just be patient you will soon enough.

seefilms said:

What makes you say this? From my understanding the pack has been available for months to PS4 and XB1 users...but not for me. So...why and how would it suddenly work?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    seefilms said:

seefilms said:

What makes you say this? From my understanding the pack has been available for months to PS4 and XB1 users...but not for me. So...why and how would it suddenly work?
    What does this page show for you?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/track-pack-vol-3-classic-rock/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RBTRACKP3CCF01ED

seefilms said:

seefilms said:

What does this page show for you?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/track-pack-vol-3-classic-rock/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RBTRACKP3CCF01ED
    It shows a Track Pack Vol. 3 - Classic Rock not available for purchase...why?

I'm on the xbox. I'm not sure what you are asking.

seefilms said:

Let me be a little bit clearer on this. I'm not looking to buy the Classic Track pack for my XB1. I already bought it. It has been imported to my RB3. From my understanding a lot of people who previously bought the classic track pack have since been able to add it to their Rock Band 4 collection (maybe I'm wrong...am I wrong? I can't seem to find a list anywhere...it's SO DAMNED CONFUSING!).

I spend nearly an hour and a half talking to microsoft (to a lot of hold times, a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and such and ultimately to no avail and finally a disconnected line to which they didn't call back).
    I've spent quite a bit of time communicating with Harmonix who essentially tell me nothing.

At this point, if I had to rate this game, I'd give it a zero because of massive headaches and miscommunication.

So.... Answer me...what makes you think that if I am patient I will be able to..."soon enough"? At this point I've waited 6 months. How much longer must I wait?
  • seefilms said:

seefilms said:

Let me be a little bit clearer on this. I'm not looking to buy the Classic Track pack for my XB1. I already bought it. It has been imported to my RB3. From my understanding a lot of people who previously bought the classic track pack have since been able to add it to their Rock Band 4 collection (maybe I'm wrong...am I wrong? I can't seem to find a list anywhere...it's SO DAMNED CONFUSING!).

I spend nearly an hour and a half talking to microsoft (to a lot of hold times, a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and such and ultimately to no avail and finally a disconnected line to which they didn't call back).
    I've spent quite a bit of time communicating with Harmonix who essentially tell me nothing.

At this point, if I had to rate this game, I'd give it a zero because of massive headaches and miscommunication.

So.... Answer me...what makes you think that if I am patient I will be able to..."soon enough"? At this point I've waited 6 months. How much longer must I wait?
    I have all of the songs in the Classic Rock Track Pack because I purchased them all as singles and not as an actual track pack. Maybe, that's how people are getting theirs.
  • seefilms said:

seefilms said:

I have all of the songs in the Classic Rock Track Pack because I purchased them all as singles and not as an actual track pack. Maybe, that's how people are getting theirs.
    I hope you get them straightened out though.
  • NtanelNtanel Unsigned
    edited May 2016
    I cannot speak for the X1, but I had to re-download/reinstall the Classic Rock Track Pack on my PS3 before my PS4 saw that is was available and started to queue and download it. Maybe you should re-download/reinstall it on your X360 so your X1 sees it?