Completing Guitar Hero 3.0

TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
edited April 2016 in Rock Band
I've been hijacking the older thread for a while, but now that I've finally finished up, I thought it best to start fresh with a new thread.

I've put together a Google docs spreadsheet (here) marking our progress towards completing the setlists of each of the legacy, main console, Guitar Hero games.

This includes:
  • Guitar Hero
  • Guitar Hero II
  • Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's
  • Guitar Hero III
  • Guitar Hero World Tour
  • Band Hero
  • Guitar Hero 5
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
  • Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
  • Guitar Hero Aerosmith
  • Guitar Hero: Metallica
  • Guitar Hero: Van Halen
  • GHII DLC
  • GHIII DLC
  • GHWT/5/WOR DLC
  • Guitar Hero Live (Disc Songs)
  • Guitar Hero: On Tour
  • Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades
  • Guitar Hero: On Tour: Modern Hits
I'll not be doing GHTV, as that list is rather fluid, and other people are tracking that currently. I will update the spreadsheet whenever we get a new song from the above sources. Thanks to Droosies and Catch-22, whose lists were a valuable resource in creating this.

Comments

• VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    edited November 2015
    Aaaaaand double checking, round 5!

GHWOR is actually perfect, good job!
    GHDLC, we have "Beautiful Thieves", "Dis-Moi", "Use Me", "She's a Genius", "The Beautiful People", "Head Like a Hole", "Last Resort", "Ruby Soho", and "Audience of One" as DLC, and "Never Let You Go" from RBN.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    VolTRH said:

Aaaaaand double checking, round 5!

GHWOR is actually perfect, good job!
    GHDLC, we have "Beautiful Thieves", "Dis-Moi", "Use Me", "She's a Genius", "The Beautiful People", "Head Like a Hole", "Last Resort", "Ruby Soho", and "Audience of One" as DLC, and "Never Let You Go" from RBN.

Thanks! Fixed those.
  • in GH 4/5/6 DLC

A Day to Remember - "The Downfall of Us All" is RB DLC

GHIII DLC
    Boston - "Peace of Mind" has it marked as RB DLC but there is no color on it
  • Toxicity from GHM is delisted.

Good job on the lists. I went through it and found 21 songs I had not bought but enjoyed in GH so I got those :)
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited November 2015
    Surfing With the Alien is also missing its DLC color.

"I Predict a Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs and "(We Are) The Road Crew" by Motorhead are also RB DLC (from GH3 DLC).

"Woman" by Wolfmother is RB DLC (from Smash Hits).

"Jet" by Wings/Paul McCartney is RB DLC (from GH4/5/6 DLC). Guitar Hero credits it to Wings, Rock Band to Paul McCartney.

"Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel is delisted (from World Tour). So is "Panic Switch" by Silversun Pickups (from GH4/5/6 DLC).
    Thanks guys! Fixed all of those.
    We can knock Hot For Teacher out from World Tour and all of this week's tracks from GHVH.
    ZosoBaron said:

We can knock Hot For Teacher out from World Tour and all of this week's tracks from GHVH.

Done!

Not only did all six tracks come from previous GH games this week, all six were featured on the same game.

GHVH is now up to 19/47, or 40% complete.
    Come to think of it, I think you should also add notes to songs that were both on-disc and DLC. Livin' on a Prayer from GHWT, You Give Love a Bad Name from GH5, and We Are the Champions from GH4/5/6 DLC all fall under this umbrella.

Likewise, you should probably note that the same live version of Fire that appears in GH4 DLC is also available as RB DLC.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    It's probably worth noting which songs are different versions. Songs like "Rock and Roll All Nite" by KISS, and "School's Out" by Alice Cooper are in Rock Band, but they're live versions, and on top of that, the GH3 versions are covers. Or other weird examples, like "Holiday in Cambodia" by Dead Kennedys is the alternate EP version of the song, not the version from the album people are familiar with. So anyways, it might be worth noting which Guitar Hero tracks were covers (i.e. most songs in GH1 and 2), and which Rock Band versions are alternate versions (covers, live versions, etc). I saw you noted which Rock Band songs were covers, and "About a Girl" is the studio version from Bleach, but didn't say that GHWT has the MTV Unplugged version, so maybe you're just not finished that part yet. :#
    "My Wave" added from GH4/5/6 DLC.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    Wow, just discovered this thread. Truly an excellent job @TubaDude49.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    One thing I noticed is that "B.Y.O.B." should be color coated for delisted in GHWT.

One thing I noticed is that "B.Y.O.B." should be color coated for delisted in GHWT.

Thanks, fixed.
    Added Dancing With Myself from Guitar Hero 5 and I Hate Myself For Loving You From Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

• When you get the time you should add the GH On Tour soundstracks, those were amazing.
    Noted. I'll add those when I get the chance.
  • GH On Tour serries has Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" Modest Mouse's "Dashboard" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "I Know a Little"

it is a shame those songs are only available in the DS games
  • By looking at the list I realized they had Gor Gor by GWAR, Laser Cannon Deth Sentence by Dethklok and Twilight of the Thunder God by Amon Amarth. WHY THEIR DLC HAD TO DIE! NOOOO!

GH On Tour serries has Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" Modest Mouse's "Dashboard" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "I Know a Little"

And they had a Freezepop song we didn't get. How did that happen? Wasn't Sean Drinkwater a Harmonix employee. I know we got Neversoft's An Endless Sporadic songs, but it feels weird.
  • GH On Tour serries has Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner" Modest Mouse's "Dashboard" and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "I Know a Little"

And they had a Freezepop song we didn't get. How did that happen? Wasn't Sean Drinkwater a Harmonix employee. I know we got Neversoft's An Endless Sporadic songs, but it feels weird.
    iirc Guitar Hero went to their label and Freezepop had no say in it being in the game

Nintendo probably forced it to be exclusive to a Nintendo console.

Nintendo probably forced it to be exclusive to a Nintendo console.
    Nintendo does not own the song so they had no say in it. If this was the case then we would have never gotten "Do the Donkey Kong"
  • ZosoBaron said:

Surfing With the Alien is also missing its DLC color.

"I Predict a Riot" by Kaiser Chiefs and "(We Are) The Road Crew" by Motorhead are also RB DLC (from GH3 DLC).

"Woman" by Wolfmother is RB DLC (from GH2).

"Jet" by Wings/Paul McCartney is RB DLC (from GH4/5/6 DLC). Guitar Hero credits it to Wings, Rock Band to Paul McCartney.

"Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel is delisted (from World Tour). So is "Panic Switch" by Silversun Pickups (from GH4/5/6 DLC).

fixed
  • I got into the music game genre late (although I arrived in time to export all previous RB's and expansions into RB3).. And I loaded up on GH games at the same time.. I liked them as well, but they made exports a mess - not as many songs transferred over, some would transfer retro-ly to older games but not newer ones, etc..

And I downloaded a lot of DLC for both series as well.. But it's depressing to see all the amazing songs the GH series has that we're missing from RB.. I'm mainly referring to classic rock stuff - Rolling Stones, Springsteen, ZZ Top.. Really just too many to list - (even tho I did make one!)..

I really like what RB is doing getting quite a bit of modern songs for DLC, mainly because my family likes that stuff - but goodness, it's documents like the OP that shows we have a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go with classic rock..
    I don't think we'll be crossing anything off this month. The only possibility is Fall Out Boy's "The Take Over - The Break's Over"
    This month has the potential to cross off:

The Romantics - What I Like About You (Rocks the 80's)
    Weezer - Why Bother? (GH5)
    Weezer - Dope Nose (Van Halen)
  • edited April 2016
    Don't forget the possibility of Ghost Walking by Lamb Of God (GH:L)
    Edit: Oh right, you aren't doing that one.
    Wildcat15 said:

Don't forget the possibility of Ghost Walking by Lamb Of God (GH:L)

I don't do GH Live, just the legacy games. Someone else is maintaining that list.