Completing Guitar Hero 3.0

Comments

• Wait... Were those definitively announced?

yeah the Pax East panel announced them (Along with "Redneck" by Lamb of God)
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Hey Tubadude, would you consider adding GHL to the spreadsheet? That other guy hasn't updated his list in months.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited April 2016
    Only if it's the disc imo. The live mode is constantly changing and you don't actually own any of them.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior

Only if it's the disc imo. The live mode is constantly changing and you don't actually own any of them.

That much I just did. We're at 26%.
  • BenSpeirsBenSpeirs Unsigned
    edited April 2016
    Guitar Hero 2, Rock This Town, we have the version by The Stray Cats own Brian Setzer, if that's enough to be ticked!

EDIT: Goof'd.
  • @BenSpeirs No we don't, we have "Stray Cat Strut". "Rock This Town" was hinted at in the freestyle RB4 trailer but no sign of it yet.

yeah the Pax East panel announced them (Along with "Redneck" by Lamb of God)
    That bums me out... Was hoping for Keep Fishin... And The Faded Line from LOG...
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I'm just happy to see older Weezer.
    Guitar Hero: On Tour, On Tour: Decades, and On Tour: Modern Hits added with 47%, 63%, and 28% completion respectively.
    On Tour, we've got "This Love" as DLC.
    Decades, we have "One Step Closer" from RB2.
    Modern Hits, "Bohemian Like You" is a delisted RBN song.

VolTRH said:

This is being generous. It was never supposed to be released.
    Yeah, I knew about Bohemian Like You, and since it never officially left the pipeline, I'll not be listing it.

I'll fix the other two right now though.
    edited April 2016

VolTRH said:

Honestly didn't know, I just knew that some people had it and it has a listing on xbox.com. I just figured I was late to the party on that one.
    VolTRH said:

VolTRH said:

Honestly didn't know, I just knew that some people had it and it has a listing on xbox.com.
    Yeah, it was available through the marketplace link for like a day or so, and never made it to the in-game store.

VolTRH said:

VolTRH said:

Honestly didn't know, I just knew that some people had it and it has a listing on xbox.com.
    Yeah, it was available through the marketplace link for like a day or so, and never made it to the in-game store.
    That's interesting. I wonder if the whole debacle ruins any chances of it becoming official DLC, since there might be technical issues.

Also, on GH Live, we have "Club Foot" and "Sundial" as DLC.
    VolTRH said:

VolTRH said:

VolTRH said:

That's interesting. I wonder if the whole debacle ruins any chances of it becoming official DLC, since there might be technical issues.
    Probably not, since Generation X's "Dancing With Myself" was also in the RBN pipeline.
    Weren't the Romantics also involved in an RBN scandal too? Like when that group was claiming to be Harmonix.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited April 2016

VolTRH said:

VolTRH said:

Slightly not true, it was available well into 2012 (that's when I bought it) on Xbox.com. Not sure if it's buyable now though.
  • Storm360Storm360 Unsigned
    Witticus said:

Weren't the Romantics also involved in an RBN scandal too? Like when that group was claiming to be Harmonix.

They sued over guitar hero, not sure about RBN

Bohemian Like You can still be purchased too I believe but yeah its not an "official" release
    edited April 2016
    Storm360 said:

Witticus said:

Bohemian Like You can still be purchased too I believe but yeah its not an "official" release
    No, I know about the Guitar Hero incident, but later on in the early days of RBN, an authoring group was misleading bands by saying they were Harmonix. Some Postman by PotUSA and Talking in Your Sleep by the Romantics were initially announced until it was found out what that group was doing.
  • Storm360Storm360 Unsigned
    Witticus said:

Storm360 said:

Witticus said:

No, I know about the Guitar Hero incident, but later on in the early days of RBN, an authoring group was misleading bands by saying they were Harmonix. Some Postman by PotUSA and Talking in Your Sleep by the Romantics were initially announced until it was found out what that group was doing.
    Oh wow, interesting. I'd love to know all the little RBN deals like this that ended up falling through, the planned songs that never came are already insane
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    Yeah, I remember there was a group that was purposely misleading the bands they contacted by saying either they were harmonix or they somehow aligned with them.

The Dandy Warhols song along with some others that never officially made it out (a Blondie one I think) were all done by a Capital Records employee if I remember correctly. They hired someone to do a bunch of tracks but I think they underestimated the effort and how long it might take to get through the pipeline. Add in that there were RBN reviewers who tried to just pushed through those bigger name tracks as quickly as possible, even if there were problems and/or errors. Eventually and unfortunately they just gave up.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    @TubaDude49 To me, it would be nice if you added an overview tab that had the three main pieces of data (Songs Released, Total Songs, Percent Complete) from each tab in one view.
  • Casto21 said:

Yeah, I remember there was a group that was purposely misleading the bands they contacted by saying either they were harmonix or they somehow aligned with them.

The Dandy Warhols song along with some others that never officially made it out (a Blondie one I think) were all done by a Capital Records employee if I remember correctly. They hired someone to do a bunch of tracks but I think they underestimated the effort and how long it might take to get through the pipeline. Add in that there were RBN reviewers who tried to just pushed through those bigger name tracks as quickly as possible, even if there were problems and/or errors. Eventually and unfortunately they just gave up.

Yeah, it was "Atomic" by Blondie. The main errors with that one were album artwork (used Atomic single instead of Eat to the Beat album) and genre (R&B/Soul/Funk instead of Pop-Rock).
    Casto21 said:

@TubaDude49 To me, it would be nice if you added an overview tab that had the three main pieces of data (Songs Released, Total Songs, Percent Complete) from each tab in one view.

Yes, I've been meaning to do that. I'll try and get around to it soon.

Casto21 said:

Yes, I've been meaning to do that. I'll try and get around to it soon.
    Done.
    edited May 2016
    This month has the potential to bring us:

Warrant - Cherry Pie (GHII, Smash Hits)
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Listen to Her Heart (Warriors of Rock)
    Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It (Warriors of Rock, On Tour)
    Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock (Encore: Rocks the 80s, Smash Hits)
    Its astounding we have the potential to take off multiple games with 3 songs this month...
    I really hope we finish Smash Hits soon. By nature it's one of the best, and the one we have the most from so far.

If we get those two tracks this month, all we'll need is:

The Exies - Hey You
    Incubus - Stellar
    The Donnas - Take It Off
    Helmet - Unsung

The Sword - Freya
    Danzig - Mother
    Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
    Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
    Jane's Addiction - Stop!
    Alice in Chains - Them Bones

Extreme - Play With Me

Priestess - Lay Down

(And the original version of Search and Destroy buried in the game files but not in the game)