Completing Guitar Hero 3.0

Comments

• thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Oh man. I had totally forgotten about about Lay Down. Now I'm a sad panda.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

FTK still comes up from time to time here...

FTK was definitely a favorite of mine from GH2.

As for other GH stuff, I'm surprised we never got Last Child in any of the Aerosmith packs, given how Harmonix used to have a penchant for "reclaiming" songs from GH 1 and 2 for Rock Band.
    We also got two Alice In Chains packs with no Them Bones.
    Probably because the two AIC packs were 4 classics, 2 new ones of the '09 album. The new ones definitely stole some space.

Perhaps if we get another Aerosmith 6 pack for Christmas it'll be:

Same Old Song and Dance (if masters exist)
    Last Child
    Come Together (if no masters for SOSaD)
    What it Takes
    The Other Side
    Pink
    Jaded

I believe that wraps up all of their big songs (Falling in Love would be the only other top 40 left at 35; all of the ones above are higher minus SOSaD but that was before they got big).

"Same Old Song and Dance" is off Get Your Wings, which also has "Seasons of Wither," so presumably if "Seasons of Wither" has masters, there's a good chance SOSaD does too (not guaranteed obviously). Also "Train Kept A-Rollin" was in GH: Aerosmith, with masters, and is also off the album.

The only album it's probably safe to assume doesn't have masters is their first, self titled album, since "Dream On," "Make It," "Movin' Out," and "Mama Kin" were all rerecords in GH: Aerosmith, and we got a live version of Dream On as DLC.

Honestly though, if we finally get a new six pack, and it was ANOTHER Aerosmith pack, I'd probably be annoyed. I know Aerosmith has a ton of hits, but I'd rather see another band get a large pack like that, especially given how rare they are.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 7
    I could easily see Amazing if there's another Aerosmith 6 pack, something like:
    Last Child
    The Other Side
    What It Takes
    Amazing
    Pink
    Jaded

Last Child replaced with Falling in Love if they decide to not have any 70s in the pack.
  • I could easily see Amazing if there's another Aerosmith 6 pack, something like:
    Last Child
    The Other Side
    What It Takes
    Amazing
    Pink
    Jaded

Last Child replaced with Falling in Love if they decide to not have any 70s in the pack.

Honestly we could easily get at least 3 more packs that had plenty of great songs even if everyone didn't like them all. I say this because I would love to see another Aerosmith 6 pack this year and next year. Lol
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    Need Rammstein too. Only got one song each but GH has a different song. Still suprised we never got anything else from them in general. Especially around RB 3 with the keyboard and all that.

Oh and those other guys...they did that...ooo what's it's name?...yeah, yeah...the guys that did that Plug-In Baby song, that one is pretty fun in GH.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner

Need Rammstein too. Only got one song each but GH has a different song. Still suprised we never got anything else from them in general. Especially around RB 3 with the keyboard and all that.

Oh and those other guys...they did that...ooo what's it's name?...yeah, yeah...the guys that did that Plug-In Baby song, that one is pretty fun in GH.

Guitar Hero has two Rammstein songs, GH5 had "Du Hast" and GH6 had "Waidmanns Heil"

but yeah I would absolutely love Rock Band to get more Rammstein, since they are probably in my top 10 or 15 favorite bands
    I was surprised we never got Rammstein DLC for RB3. People freaked out over Du Hast when it was announced.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

I was surprised we never got Rammstein DLC for RB3. People freaked out over Du Hast when it was announced.

Just another one of Rock Bands infamous teases. Just ask Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Primus, and probably Elvis Presley.
    Don't forget Limp Bizkit!! We're still missing their entire discography.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

Just another one of Rock Bands infamous teases. Just ask Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Primus, and probably Elvis Presley.
    Don't forget Limp Bizkit!! We're still missing their entire discography.
    Exactly, the proof is irrefutable!
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited June 8
    I know you're both being sarcastic but there are still some LB songs I would like to have... namely "Take A Look Around", "Break Stuff" and "Rollin'"
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

While Dire Straits and Primus are big, I associate The Beach Boys as the big one and done off of RB3
  • hiimSMAP said:

Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

While Dire Straits and Primus are big, I associate The Beach Boys as the big one and done off of RB3
    The worst part about no more Primus is that Les Claypool would lend the music without problem, just look at John the Fisherman in GH2 being one of the few original songs.
    I wish that Beach Boys song we got was closer to the studio version... also, I'd like a pack or two from them as well.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    TheStuddz said:

hiimSMAP said:

Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

Beach Boys were definitely the band who could have gotten a 6-pack+. Still miffed that we haven't gotten "Sultans of Swing" and "Money for Nothing" yet, though.
    Also "So Far Away."
    hiimSMAP said:

Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

As soon as they announced Good Vibrations was a live version, I figured more Beach Boys DLC would be a bit iffy. Last year, I was hoping we'd get at least one song off Pet Sounds for the 50th anniversary, but that came and went. Rocksmith got "Surfin' USA" as DLC this week.

Also, Primus is only "big" to stoners currently in their 30s and 40s. They're not as big of a loss as other bands with one song and no DLC.
  • tdc002 said:

hiimSMAP said:

Witticus said:

tdc002 said:

Also, Primus is only "big" to stoners currently in their 30s and 40s.
    I think you mean bass players
    as far as Primus is concerned, I still want "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver", "My Name Is Mud" and the
    "South Park Theme Song"
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner

as far as Primus is concerned, I still want "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver", "My Name Is Mud" and the
    "South Park Theme Song"

ugh I would be so disappointed if we got more Primus, and ended up with the South Park theme... there is so many better stuff like

Mary the Ice Cube
    Electric Uncle Sam
    John the Fisherman
    The Toys Go Winding Down
    Mr. Krinkle
    Too Many Puppies
    Tommy the Cat

it also does not help that I absolutely hate South Park..
    John the Fisherman would be cool but I can play that any time... also, it was heavily featured in the South Park episode about guitar hero lol South Park is awesome though. Political and society commentary with humor and sarcasm... good times.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I'll take about 3 Primus packs (since we wouldn't get more than 3 songs in each I'm sure .. one would probably include Jerry is a racecAr driver )
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited July 18
    "Gold On the Ceiling" is DLC this week, which finally marks off the last VR song that was on a Guitar Hero game!
  • Stranglehold by Ted Nugent will be coming to Rock Band this month.

Guitar Hero World Tour On-Disc Song Count: 52/86.
  • aimsmallmismallaimsmallmismall Unsigned
    edited August 4
    I may or may not have posted this long ago - but here is what I'd buy for RB taken just from the GH games from last generation (xb360).. As someone mentioned something like this above - if this was all that was offered for RB for the next year - I'd be ecstatic:

Counting Crows Angels of the Silences
    Garbage Only Happy When it Rains
    Silversun Pickups There's No Secrets This Year
    Smashing Pumpkins Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    Third Eye Blind Graduate
    Bob Seger Turn the Page (live)
    George Thorogood Move It On Over (live)
    Kiss Shout it Out Loud
    Lynyrd Skynyrd Call Me The Breeze (live)
    Marvin Gaye I Heard it Through the Grapevine
    Rolling Stones Sympathy For the Devil
    Rolling Stones Stray Cat Blues
    Billy Squier Lonely is the Night
    Dire Straights Money For Nothing
    John Mellencamp Hurt So Good
    Tom Petty Listen To Her Heart
    ZZ Top Sharp Dressed Man (live)
    Blue Oyster Cult Burning For You
    Bob Seger Her Strut
    Bob Seger Hollywood Nights
    Deep Purple Woman From Tokyo
    Kiss Love Gun
    Neil Young Rockin' in the Free World
    Rolling Stones Honkey Tonk Women
    Dire Straights Sultans of Swing
    Red Rider Lunatic Fringe
    Santana No One to Depend On
    Steely Dan Do it Again
    Janet Jackson Black Cat
    Motley Crue Looks That Kill
    Motley Crue Shout at the Devil
    Queensryche Jet City Woman
    Tesla Modern Day Cowboy
    Ben Harper Steal My Kisses
    Cold War Kids Hang Me Up to Dry
    Coldplay In My Place
    Coldplay Shiver
    Last Goodnight Pictures of You
    Parachute Back Again
    Metallica Battery
    Metallica Fade to Black
    Metallica For Whom the Bell Tolls
    Metallica Master of Puppets
    Metallica One
    Metallica Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    Metallica Enter Sandman
    Metallica Fuel
    Metallica King Nothing
    Metallica Nothing Else Matters
    Metallica Sad But True
    Metallica The Memory Remains
    Metallica The Unforgiven
    Metallica Wherever I May Roam
    Corinne Bailey Rae Put Your Records On
    Joss Stone You Had Me
    KT Tunstall Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
    Lily Allen Take What You Take
    Nelly Furtado Turn Off the Light
    Spice Girls Wannabe
    Taylor Swift Love Story
    Taylor Swift Picture to Burn
    Taylor Swift You Belong with Me
    Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
    NERD Rock Star
    Brand New Sowing Season (Yeah)
    Exies Hey You
    Filter Take a Picture
    Nine Inch Nails Wish
    OK GO Get Over It
    Queens of the Stone Age Make it wit Chu
    White Stripes Blue Orchid
    Blind Melon Tones of Home
    Finger Eleven Paralyzer
    Linkin Park Bleed It Out
    Maroon 5 Harder to Breathe
    Muse Uprising
    Shinedown Sound of Madness
    Soundgarden Black Rain
  • Oops - yeah I knew about the first 2..
    I have Paralyzer for RBN, but that doesn't help me a whole lot now haha
  • Don't forget Lips of an Angel.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    @aimsmallmismall , you sort of had me until the Spice Girls and Taylor Swift ;)