Double bass

The other rock bands allowed double bass. There is no support for double bass on Rock Band 4 which is highly disappointing. When will this be taken care of?????

Comments

• Future update.

Say WHAT? This is the 1st I've heard of this. I was just about to get back into drums on RB (I'm a drummer and avoided drums on RB after the 1st game due to poor pad accuracy) No wonder they added an auto kick mode to RB4.

Goodnight this game is a Betatest.

• The Double Bass peripheral is presently unsupported.

Every time someone mentions double bass, that's what I picture. I thought it was just me!
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester

i don't get this. support? just buy a second pedal and split it! doesn't that work?
    gh was easy for double kick and was charted....

Because of the way the magnetic switches in RB pedals work, a simple splitter will not give you that functionality.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    It's impossible to fully chart drum parts with bass drum notes that are played with both feet for games like this. I thought everyone knew this by now.
  • dansolo said:

It's impossible to fully chart drum parts with bass drum notes that are played with both feet for games like this. I thought everyone knew this by now.

Guitar Hero did it just fine and so did Rock Band Network songs.
    Honestly I have no idea why whenever someone brings up double bass so many people are quick to shut it down. How does not having it benefit anyone?
  • HiscHisc Unsigned
    I've been using the official double bass pedal adapter from a few years back, which works fine for me in the meantime until they update whatever is going wrong with the second pedal input.

For those who aren't familiar with the adapter, it does allow you to plug two pedals into one input.
  • dansolo said:

Honestly I have no idea why whenever someone brings up double bass so many people are quick to shut it down. How does not having it benefit anyone?
    Double bass charts would only really be meaningful for e-kit users but oh wait, most e-kit users can't use their e-kits and probably never will because Microsoft is against the Xbox One supporting Xbox 360 wired controllers.
  • dansolo said:

Double bass charts would only really be meaningful for e-kit users but oh wait, most e-kit users can't use their e-kits and probably never will because Microsoft is against the Xbox One supporting Xbox 360 wired controllers.
    No, the drums on RB3 supported two bass pedals. The new drums support two bass pedals as well, but RB4 hasn't implemented support for two bass pedals yet. I expect support will be added at some point.

• dansolo said:

No, the drums on RB3 supported two bass pedals. The new drums support two bass pedals as well, but RB4 hasn't implemented support for two bass pedals yet. I expect support will be added at some point.

You misunderstood, while the stock drum kits support 2 bass pedals, the main bulk of people who want to delve into double bass in RB are e-kit players as the stock kits are not good enough quality. Hence there's not really any point in even considering double bass support until e-kits are usable on both consoles.
  • dansolo said:

while the RB instrument support double bass, the drum kit is to small that you cannot play comfortably