Star Wars Discussion *SPOILER WARNING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

Comments

• RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    Disney needs to de-specialize the OT and specialize the PT. I'm sure with a little editing and clean-up, the prequels could be good movies.

Especially Episode I. Just cut a few of the unnecessary Jar-Jar bits and the line "now this is pod racing" and it would be a good film.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    Was blowing up the Coruscant-looking planet meant to be a dig at the prequels.
  • Banky71Banky71 Banned on the Run (Live)
    Okay who woke up the force??? This is why we can't have nice things.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I really didn't like it when VI rehashed as much as it did from IV, so I'm kinda surprised how much I loved VII. It was so well put together that I really didn't mind there being a third Death Star to destroy, or any of the other parallels.

That being said, I really hope they can work in something eviler than simple planet destruction in the future. The first thing that came into my head when I saw the weapon was that it could be used to steal system's suns, making them dependent on artificial suns of your own creation, and that was just a spur of the moment thought. I'm sure the writers could come up with something better.

Also, I'm more versed in the Speedforce than I am in the Force, so I may be completely off base here, but I'm curious: with so few Force users around, would it be possible to tap into all of it at once and become godlike? Or would you just be limited by personal potential?

Sidenote: I'd kinda love to see something level the Force playing field in the future, like the Magitek research in Final Fantasy VI.

The Force isn't shared like Lantern/Nova light or anything. It's not a total amount shared, it's just like oxygen. If you killed your neighbor, you're not really getting any more of it.

Okay, good to know. As I typed that out I realized that was probably wrong, or everyone in the Original Trilogy would be super overpowered, and there were about as many Force users then as there are now.
    edited December 2015
    I stayed through the credits but wasn't really paying attention as my mind was trying to process everything. Thanks for comfirming that Azure.

The film is really only missing Wedge and Lando in terms of completing the nostalgia blanket, but I can see why they weren't in it.
    edited December 2015
    Episode VIII's trailer will catch us up and show that somewhere in the galaxy Lando is feeling The Force with a nice Colt 45:

• Lando was at the premiere, though. Wedge declined a return.

They couldn't find a Dennnis Lawson.
    Where was that laughing guy who was with Lando on the Millennium Falcon.
  • edited December 2015
    There is only one thing that bugs me: How could they escape in a TIE fighter at the beginning if those spaceships didn't have a life support? No life support = No oxygen.

Everyone was like "WHOA" but I was llike "WTF" at that scene :D
  • Just got back from seeing it

I enjoyed it quite a bit
  • Wildcat15 said:

There is only one thing that bugs me: How could they escape in a TIE fighter at the beginning if those spaceships didn't have a life support? No life support = No oxygen.

Everyone was like "WHOA" but I was llike "WTF" at that scene :D

I'm assuming the current generation TIE fighter has life support unless otherwise told. Nothing suggests the TIE fighters operate in a vacuum, and pilots wear the masks for other reasons.
    Nerds.
  • i went to a 9:20 AM showing today and the theater was still completely full. glad i prepaid on fandango last night
  • it was good, but pretty brutal to watch. i got filled in by some jedi professor at the theater that leah & han actually had 5 kids & only 1 turned out to be a homicidal sociopath...not bad
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    maybe BB8 wasn't giving a 'thumbs up', but rather a big middle finger

I couldn't tell
  • calloy said:

it was good, but pretty brutal to watch. i got filled in by some jedi professor at the theater that leah & han actually had 5 kids & only 1 turned out to be a homicidal sociopath...not bad

Is that based on current material (comics?) or the Extended Universe books (= no longer official canon)?
    BB-8 was the kind of character Jar-Jar should've been.

Cute, but not overly so. Funny, but not a buffon. Oh ... and silent, but expressive and able to convey emotion.
    edited December 2015
    The Shattered Empire comic was a waste. It just focused on Poe Dameron's parents and doesn't progress anything or give you a lead in to Episode VII.
  • Disney needs to de-specialize the OT and specialize the PT. I'm sure with a little editing and clean-up, the prequels could be good movies.

Especially Episode I. Just cut a few of the unnecessary Jar-Jar bits and the line "now this is pod racing" and it would be a good film.

That or redo episodes 2 and 3 with the theory of Jar Jar as a sith equivalent of Yoda and possibly the reincarnated Darth Plaguius. Either way put some consistency in the prequels so they mirror the original trilogy better. Also, make Anikin conflicted instead of stupid and obviously evil.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 2015
    My wife read some story about how the Jedi are fascist and that Yoda never says or does anything useful in any of the movies. She claims to be done with Star Wars now.

I read something similar about how Anakin bringing balance to the force could have meant he showed the Jedi that they were, in fact, fascist d-bags. And they would have denied his claims until the very end, when the surviving ones would realize, "hey, he was right", but it's too late, and he's now got a dead wife and he's all bitter (but potentially "redeemable"). There are a LOT of details you would need to fill in but that suggests a set of prequels (or maybe just one prequel movie, because c'mon already) that is actually entertaining AND that makes sense. Maybe it would even be "moving".

But Disney would have no interest in making that kind of re-imagined prequel... or in incorporating that kind of thinking into the sequels. Right now, I'm perfectly willing to see where they go with the current story, as are most people. It doesn't have to be brilliant or deep but I sure hope that in future movies they actually make an attempt to describe the origins of and the relationships among the Republic and the Rebellion and the First Order in some way that makes sense.
  • Since this is the star wars page, i assume you people like star wars...... For anyone who has a PS4, inbox me the answer to my riddle and win a prize :). Assuming you don't have it already
    I turn polar bears white
    And I will make you cry.
    I make guys have to pee
    And girls comb their hair.
    I make celebrities look stupid
    And normal people look like celebrities.
    I turn pancakes brown
    And make your champagne bubble.
    If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
    If you look at me, you'll pop.
    Can you answer this riddle?
  • A Wookiee?
    No, seriously, does the answer have anything at all to do with Star Wars?
    Are we friends on the PSN? I am SilverSpg there.
  • No we are not friends on the PS4!!!
    Pressure?
  • I use to be friends with magicmurderbag but he unfriended me.
  • Typical @MagicMurderBag7

if you want to add me I recently got a PS4, PSN name is firedoom666
  • I don't think I've ever unfriended anyone... On Xbox or PS3.