Star Wars Discussion *SPOILER WARNING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!*

Comments

• Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    I think Snoke is Jar Jar.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

Witticus said:

Being cut in half wasn't a death?

No. Did you not see us discussing the cauterizing of lightsabers? He basically got robot spider legs, went crazy, etc.
    wasn't that in the Clone Wars animated series? I heard something about it but never saw it

spider legs, haha
    A friend is flipping out that Darth Maul seems to be plannning a plague in the new SW: Rebels season?
  • I wonder if they might not be trying to set up the Obi-Wan vs Maul rematch from that comic book that originally brought Maul back to life ages ago...
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    So, I'm curious as to which Star Wars movies are your favorites, ranked from least to most favorite.

7. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    4. The Force Awakens
    3. Star Wars/A New Hope
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    1. Return of the Jedi

Keep in mind, this is a favorites list, not a "best" list.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    V, IV, VII, VI, III, II, I for me.

Both VI and VII rehashed a lot from IV, but, to me, VII rehashed it better.
  • 5476231. Much along the same reasoning as TubaDude.

V, IV, VII, VI, III, II, I for me.

Both VI and VII rehashed a lot from IV, but, to me, VII rehashed it better.

My exact order and reasoning.

(Which is weird, coz as a kid, Empire was my least favorite.)
  • My order would be...

"Star Wars II..."
    "Ew, you like the prequels?"
    "No, I'm saying I like the 2nd star wars movie"
    "You mean V?"
    "No, thats the lame ass one with the hour long council meeting"
    "No, that's II..."
    "Uhh, fine V."
    "Then I like the first movie."
    "You mean IV?"
    "F*** you, I'm gonna go read a book."
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    next episode pushed to christmas of 2017 due to impending droid strike
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    DNF: The Phantom Menace
    DNF: Attack of the Clones
    DNF: Revenge of the Sith

4: The Force Awakens
    3: Return of the Jedi
    2: Star Wars/A New Hope
    1: The Empire Strikes Back
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    calloy said:

next episode pushed to christmas of 2017 due to impending droid strike

Or, the more likely explanation, Disney didn't want Star Wars to conflict with Guardians Of The Galaxy 2.

Droids vs. Racoons and Trees.
  • prepare for WTF?

II
    V
    VI
    III
    IV
    I
    What makes II so good for you?

Just curious. I am okay with II and III, but cannot stand I.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    My ranking:

V
    IV
    VI
    VII
    III
    II
    I
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited January 2016
    The original trilogy had a lot of problems that people just seem to gloss over:
    The great Jedi warrior is Grover in the swamp
    The teddy bears' picnic in the forest
    The Princess' half-assed british accent that disappears and reappears at random (Worse than Costner's Robin Hood)
    You had basically two guys who could act worth a squirt of piss in the three films and one died in the first movie.
    Luke goes from a whiny whiner who can't shut his whine-hole to a calm, reflective sage somewhere between Empire and Jedi

Now none of those are as bad as:
    Tough leader losing the will to live
    Sand is coarse
    Interminable dicking around on a desert planet for some reason
    Noooooo!
    Floppy-eared alien moron doing his best Keystone Cops routine and winning some asinine skirmish on a planet no one cares about.
    Kid accidentally blows up some warship, stopping some disagreement no-one cares about.

Therefore, the new one is the best movie.

Best to worst 7-4-5-6-3-2-1
  • Leia never, ever had a British accent. I don't think she even tried for one.
    LoopyChew said:

Leia never, ever had a British accent. I don't think she even tried for one.

There's something going on in the "Only you could be so bold" delivery that sounds like she's trying to perpetrate some sort of **** accent:

It's terrible.

Carrie Fisher addresses her changing accent in the documentary "Wishful Drinking". She blamed it on going to school in Britain.
    Oooh also:

Yeesh. :s
  • What makes II so good for you?

Just curious. I am okay with II and III, but cannot stand I.

For some reason I just really like the story and city setting (save for killing all the mini-Jedi's).
  • wait I though the killing of the kid jedi was in episode III...

But episode II did have that cool battle in the arena place (that was also one of the best levels in LEGO Star Wars)

But episode II did have that cool battle in the arena place (that was also one of the best levels in LEGO Star Wars)

Yes, you are correct...dang. then omit the killing the younglings part and I like Episode II better.

I think the very last level of Episode VI was the longest boss battle on any LEGO game ever.
  • The prequels did a magic trick of turning some great actors into montonous blobs. But Lucas was just worried about the CGI anyway.
  • but at least the battles were cool in the prequels...

If those movies did not have any of those main characters it would have been pretty awesome, like how the Clone Wars shows turned out pretty sweet
    edited January 2016

but at least the battles were cool in the prequels...

I tend to side with the "if you define cool as emotionless CGI fests, maybe, but the prequels had less emotion...." camp.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior

but at least the battles were cool in the prequels...

If those movies did not have any of those main characters it would have been pretty awesome, like how the Clone Wars shows turned out pretty sweet

Yeah, I consider the fight scenes from the prequels to be one of the few positives (especially Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul), but they were over choreographed.

Also, the original trilogy had some pretty great fight scenes. Sure Obi Wan versus Darth Vader was kinda boring, but the fight scene between Luke and Vader in episode V was amazing and their rematch in Return of the Jedi is one of the best scenes in the series (it's also my personal favorite)
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    5, 6, 4, 2, 7, 3, 1
  • bigmf said:

LoopyChew said:

Leia never, ever had a British accent. I don't think she even tried for one.

There's something going on in the "Only you could be so bold" delivery that sounds like she's trying to perpetrate some sort of **** accent:

It's terrible.

Carrie Fisher addresses her changing accent in the documentary "Wishful Drinking". She blamed it on going to school in Britain.
    And again on Graham Norton, at 1:21:
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior