How Do You Play?

BeckRokkBeckRokk Opening Act
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I've been wondering for a long time how everyone plays their guitars in GHI an GHII, as my particular way is kind of different. I play lefty without lefty flip on. I've yet to talk to anyone else who plays this way, but I can't be the only one. I assume many of you play plain righty, though. I've also heard of people who, once they get bored, begin to play lefty with lefty flip to try for fun.

How about you?

Comments

• XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hmmm...just to spice up the experience...

-Under my legs
    -In co-op the bassist and I occasionaly throw guitars at each other playing whatever's in hand
    -Take the top half of the strap off and, with the loose end, smack the strum bar
    -Playing while skateboarding...try it
    -In Face-Off whisper taunts or sing loudly behind my opponent in his/her ear
    -Play with my tongue
    -Play behind my head (who hasn't?)
    -Finger pick the strum

Other stuff too but never involved the guitar.
  • edited August 2007
    wow, that's actually an awesome idea, I'm going to play lefty and train my left hand! sweet deal!

edit: ok no thats way too hard
  • The_Lizard_KingThe_Lizard_King Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    i play three fingers and i suck
  • DokkenIsntRockinDokkenIsntRockin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    right handed and if people are around with the guitar behind my head as a tribute to the greats and to show off.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;31124 said:

That was one of the funniest, most professional looking GH2 videos I've seen.

-Jaime
  • Omega20mmOmega20mm Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    BeckRokk;31042 said:
    I've been wondering for a long time how everyone plays their guitars in GHI an GHII, as my particular way is kind of different. I play lefty without lefty flip on. I've yet to talk to anyone else who plays this way, but I can't be the only one. I assume many of you play plain righty, though. I've also heard of people who, once they get bored, begin to play lefty with lefty flip to try for fun.

How about you?
    thats actually the same way i play. when i first picked up the game i had no idea there was a left flip feature(when i learned about i was too accustomed to the righty screen) and i couldnt and cant use my left hand for frets(another sad fact is after i beat expert, i tried to play righty, i couldnt play easy!!!!!!!!!!!) lawlz
  • edited August 2007
    Right haneded, standing up, no pinky and when I strum i put my whole arm into it, none of this crappy gently tapping the strum bar with your thumb.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    right handed, sitting down facing the tv sideways, 4 fingers.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    ^ same except i stand up and walk around every now and then
  • Brad_LeeBrad_Lee Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I play normally standing up 4 fingers right handed up and down strumming.

But have been playing with lefty flip on for about 2 months.... am on the second tier of hard.

I am also decent playing keyboard style... I can 5 star the first 4 tiers on expert this way.
    edited August 2007
    im not familiar with keyboard style, what is it?
  • edited August 2007
    I stand every time I play. sitting makes the game a lot more uncomfortable and a lot harder to play
  • Brad_LeeBrad_Lee Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Omega20mm;31430 said:
    im not familiar with keyboard style, what is it?
    It's where you set the guitar on your lap and use your thumb and your 4 fingers to hit the notes while strumming with your other hand.
    edited August 2007
    yeah i'd probably do really bad at that
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I'm left handed but I play guitar right handed.
  • ElninoElnino Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I tried playing with my teeth. I screwed up the song. I played behind the head, tried crossing hands, between the legs, and tongue.
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Blue88;31619 said:
    I'm left handed but I play guitar right handed.
    Same here..
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Right Handed , Hold Strum Bar With My Thumb and Index Mostly Strum Down Rarely Strum Up.
    edited August 2007
    TheRocker;31806 said:
    Right Handed , Hold Strum Bar With My Thumb and Index Mostly Strum Down Rarely Strum Up.
    this is a better description of how i play except that i don't hold the strum bar wtih my index finger. i just hit the strum bar with my thumb like how a bassist would slap his well uhh bass and stuff. also i hold the whammy bar with my middle finger so that i can pull it up and use it during the longer notes
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    BeckRokk;31042 said:

How about you?
    wait so......you have the frets in your right hand but the green frets scroll down on the left side? i've never heard of that before

also i use my thumb and strum down except on really fast sections, where i go up/down
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Right Handed, strum down with thumb and guitar covering crotch areas to keep my playing space a pg13 environment. I hold my ring finger on the whammy to start star power long notes off with the whammy going. If the bar is broke i hold it with my ring and pinky. I can play lefty flip if i look at the screen upsidedown. Doublestrum during fast parts.

show-off moves.
    Behind head, behind back, under legs, without looking, with tongue, teeth, and erection strumming.
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;31820 said:
    wait so......you have the frets in your right hand but the green frets scroll down on the left side? i've never heard of that before

also i use my thumb and strum down except on really fast sections, where i go up/down
    idk maybe cuz i'm not a real guitarist and i'm relatively a simple person but i never never could strum up and down. not even when i tried to learn guitar i never could strum up. you can give me the easiest song in gh2 and i'll still fail it miserable strumming up
  • BeckRokkBeckRokk Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;31820 said:

Yeah, that's exactly it. The notes on screen run down on the normal, default, right hander setting while I hold the guitar with the buttons resting on my right hand fingers. Sounds pretty strange, huh? It's actually holding me back a little too. I can't strum as fast with my left hand as I'd like to, so I'll never five Misirlou, Psychobilly, Institutionilized, Six, Play With Me, or even beat Jordan.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    As of about 2 weeks ago, I use a guitar pick while standing with either headphones on or with music blaring through the surround sound (preferred method). I added the guitar pick when I needed to find a way to 5* the last 3-4 tiers of expert. Now I've only got 7 or 8 songs left.

The guitar pick thing took a few good tries to get the feel down. I was missing the strum bar every now and then, but now I've got it down. Also, right-handed btw.
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited August 2007
    I'm left handed, play right handed, sitting down only. I for some reason cant play standing.. gotta sit on the couch though, if i play in my computer chair, my chest doesnt fit comfortably on the guitar ;P

No really cool moves, I'm lame-o.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I play right handed. I like to break out moves too... Yesterday I was so bored playing bass on balls to the walls that I tried a new one out. I flipped the guitar over and literally placed it so the strum bar was face down on my leg, the neck facing down with my hand wrapped around it, and then physically rocked the guitar back and forth so that the strum bar alt. picked just by the force of being pushed down on my leg. And I rarely missed a note, hahaha. Im gonna experiment with this method and see what I can come up with
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    lithiumkc;32216 said:
    I play right handed. I like to break out moves too... Yesterday I was so bored playing bass on balls to the walls that I tried a new one out. I flipped the guitar over and literally placed it so the strum bar was face down on my leg, the neck facing down with my hand wrapped around it, and then physically rocked the guitar back and forth so that the strum bar alt. picked just by the force of being pushed down on my leg. And I rarely missed a note, hahaha. Im gonna experiment with this method and see what I can come up with
    Do misirlou, :D. I tongue strummed misirlou.. i don't wanna do it again.