The Rainbow Club: The RB Forums LGBTQA Hangout

Comments

• I'll take Josh (yellow hair). Then Tyler can join in if he wants LMAO!
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    Moonlight is such a good film. I watched it last night. It's paced so well and knocks you right in the feels without relying too much on words or sex. The cinematography is subtle and amazing in a way that I haven't seen in many movies lately.

Definitely add it to your list to watch!
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    Moonlight is soooooo good. Just wow.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    It's just come out over here (I think), and it's definitely on my "to-watch" list. I'm just waiting for the right time though, things are a little busy these coming weeks.
  • I will check it out! Thank you for the recommendation! Been needing a good movie for awhile to watch!
  • Sadly the world will always hate on anyone different it seems. Honestly I will never understand why people care what someone else does with their life, who they cuddle with, and who they marry... does it really offend them that much what you do? I could careless that Mary (example name lol) has a hair appointment at 2pm, or that John is marrying Jacob at 3pm today... Good for them!
    Of course I'm part of the LGBT so maybe that's why, but i also don't flaunt it or shove it down people's throats. But you better be damned if you say something if I'm holding my man's hand in public and you don't like it.. well i don't like your girlfriend's thong hanging out but do I make remarks, no.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited February 25
    there are plenty of non-LGBTQ people who know hate is a big, fat waste of time and practice a live and let live lifestyle
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Old, but still relevant now: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-thomas/the-big-gay-chip-on-my-sh_b_208183.html

1. Yes, it's the guy from Matchbox Twenty (no, really).
    2. this: "Each of us has a short ride on this earth and as long as we stay in our lane, and don’t affect someone else’s ride, we should be allowed to drive as we see fit."
  • edited February 27
    So, Moonlight won the oscar for best picture. Being the first LGBT film to win in that category. :)

I've still yet to see it and may wait for it to hit Netflix, but looking at the trailer itself it looks like a great film.
    It's $4.99 on the Windows Store, if you have an Xbox or a Windows PC :smile:

edited May 12
    Since the actual US census and related departments that collect statistics won't ask questions about LGBTQ people under the new administration, the University of California San Francisco has started a major survey to measure to overall health of the LGBTQ community. There are some DEEP questions in here that really make you think, and I think having hard numbers and data on this on the record can only be good for future changes.

If you're over 18 and a US citizen, give it a shot if you have the time: ‪http://pridestudy.org

Some of the questions may make you a bit uncomfortable, but that is okay. If you absolutely don't want to answer it, they do not make you.

Let's stand up and be counted.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    i wouldn't write down anything this administration plans to do in 2020 in ink. they mat not be in power that much longer.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    By 2020 you'll be required to only do it missionary with the opposite sex but no eye contact is allowed and Mike Pence must have written approval.
  • Just as a gay side note: Steven Universe is the greatest children's cartoon ever!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner

By 2020 you'll be required to only do it missionary with the opposite sex but no eye contact is allowed and Mike Pence must have written approval.

Gee sounds about right. This current group of government has got to be the worst we have ever had...

Just as a gay side note: Steven Universe is the greatest children's cartoon ever!

I've heard nothing but good things about it. Need to check it out one day.

The Loud House is also really good and just casually has a main character with two dads, which is cool.
    Hope my fellow LGBT and allies are all doing well <3
    Happy Pride Month folks! <3
  • Happy pride :D