Vans Warped Tour 20th Anniversary - A Fantasy Rock Band 4 Expansion

tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
edited April 2017 in Your Ultimate Setlist
So @TheRealGoku 's Woodstock DLC thread got me thinking about this. I started this a few months ago, basically it's an example of what I think Harmonix could do for one of these supposed DLC expansions.

Basically Van's Warped Tour had it's 20th Anniversary last year, so I figured a paid expansion could include:
-Several new venues based on Vans Warped Tour (think outdoor festival venues of various sizes, with half pipes and stuff in the background)
-Official Warped Tour and Vans merchandise for the Rock Shop (Vans shoes/shirts, Warped Tour logos stuff, maybe a guitar that's a skateboard deck? idk)
-And the obvious part: 20 songs from 20 artists representing all 20 years of Warped Tour.

I tried only including artists that played Warped Tour MANY times. At least 4 years. Bands that are Warped Tour mainstays. In other words, if a HUGE band played Warped Tour like twice, they didn't make the 20. The setlist is more going for chronology and the overall sound of Warped Tour, not really variety or difficulty (though there are some harder songs). Think of it more like the Green Day or Beatles games setlists. Anyways, here's the tracks:

Anti-Flag - Fabled World (2015) (Punk)
The Ataris - In This Diary (2003) (Emo)
Blink-182 - Apple Shampoo (1997) (Punk)
Bouncing Souls - Hopeless Romantic (1999) (Punk)
Chiodos - Ole Fishlips is Dead Now (2014) (Emo)
Every Time I Die - We'rewolf (2007) (Metal)
Face to Face - Disconnected (1995) (Punk)
Flogging Molly - What's Left of the Flag (2002) (Punk)
Less Than Jake - All My Best Friends Are Metalheads (1998) (Reggae/Ska)
Motion City Soundtrack - Disappear (2010) (Pop Rock)
Motionless in White - Devil's Night (2012) (Metal)
NOFX - The Separation of Church and Skate (2003) (Punk)
Pennywise - The Western World (2008) (Punk)
Reel Big Fish - I Dare You to Break My Heart (2012) (Reggae/Ska)
Silverstein - Smile In Your Sleep (2005) (Emo)
Simple Plan - I'd Do Anything (2002) (Pop Rock)
Sleeping With Sirens - Do it Now, Remember it Later (2011) (Emo)
Story of the Year - Until the Day I Die (2003) (Emo)
Sum 41 - Underclass Hero (2007) (Punk)
The Vandals - My Girlfriend's Dead (1998) (Punk)

Let me know what ya think. Feel free to make a list of your own 20.

Comments

• There's quite a few songs I like on there, so I'll give it a go (more representative of variety than anything else):

All Time Low - Damned if I Do Ya (Damned if I Don't) (Pop-Rock, 2009)
    Avenged Sevenfold - Buried Alive (Metal, 2011)
    Bad Religion - A Walk (Punk, 1996)
    Blink 182 - Not Now (Punk, 2005)
    Bowling For Soup - 1985 (Pop-Rock, 2004)
    Dropkick Murphys - State of Massachusetts (Punk, 2008)
    Four Year Strong - Wasting Time (Eternal Summer) (Alternative, 2010)
    Gym Class Heroes - The Fighter (Ft. Ryan Tedder) (Hip-Hop/Rap, 2012)
    H20 - Unwind (Punk, 2001)
    Motion City Soundtrack - My Favorite Accident (Emo, 2003)
    New Found Glory - Vicious Love (Ft. Hayley Williams) (Punk, 2015)
    NOFX - Leave It Alone (Punk, 1995)
    Paramore - Now (Pop-Rock, 2013)
    Pennywise - Alien (Punk, 1999)
    Rise Against - Ready To Fall (Punk, 2006)
    Senses Fail - Can't Be Saved (Emo, 2007)
    Simple Plan - I'd Do Anything (Pop-Rock, 2002)
    Sum 41 - Makes No Difference (Punk, 2000)
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - The Rascal King (Reggae/Ska, 1997)
    Unwritten Law - Cailin (Punk, 1998)
    Yellowcard - One Bedroom (Emo, 2014)
  • Hey @TDC002, awesome to see that I brought this out of you somehow, even though I'm not a fan of most artists who preform at The Warped Tour, I would buy this up simply for it's creativity.

I'd love to see more "Fantasy" DLC to be created here by people, hopefully Harmonix sees stuff and tries something.

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Hey @TDC002, awesome to see that I brought this out of you somehow, even though I'm not a fan of most artists who preform at The Warped Tour, I would buy this up simply for it's creativity.

I'd love to see more "Fantasy" DLC to be created here by people, hopefully Harmonix sees stuff and tries something.

The Ultimate Setlist board used to have a REALLY active community back in the day. I'm not sure why it hasn't bounced back since the Rock Band 4 launch. At first, I thought it was less DLC than back in the glory days, but with the exception of the prog metal week, each week of DLC last month was a pretty large amount of songs.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I've been waiting for "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads" for years now. LTJ did a fantastic set when I saw them at Warped last year. The Protomen knocked it out of the park too, but they don't have the history to be included in a tour pack.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 2016
    @tdc002 Actually the whole less DLC thing could still be the case. Outside of modern pop (Ed Sheeran week, Off the Charts 01 & 02, One Direction week), giant artists (Aerosmith, Van Halen, U2) and preorder bonuses it has been a standard 3 songs per week.

I've been waiting for "All My Best Friends Are Metalheads" for years now. LTJ did a fantastic set when I saw them at Warped last year. The Protomen knocked it out of the park too, but they don't have the history to be included in a tour pack.

Less Than Jake puts on a great live show. The time I saw them live was right after their In With The Out Crowd album came out, so they started off the set playing a few songs off that, then went into this big game show bit and brought out a massive spinning wheel with all their albums on it, then had some kid from the audience spin it to see what album they'd play songs from. It ended up landing on Losing Streak, so I got to see them play a TON of stuff I never thought I'd see them play live.
    So I made this last year and I've resigned myself that we're probably not getting any of this as DLC :\ Seriously, what do we need to do to get some punk and emo in this game (besides Rock Band Network 3.0)

But I will stand behind this being a dope playlist.

In hindsight, I probably should've had a few songs by female singers, but in my defense there aren't many that have played multiple Warped Tours. The only two I can think of off the top of my head are Paramore and Tsunami Bomb (and we have more than enough Paramore in Rock Band as is).
    I decided to revisit this since this year is the last Warped Tour (supposedly...I wouldn't be shocked if it came back within 5 years). Guess I was a bit too ambitious with my fantasy DLC expansion. Silly me for thinking the RB4 "platform" would have more than one expansion.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    It's a shame, I would be all for these types of expansions, and this setlist looks right up my alley
    edited June 18

It's a shame, I would be all for these types of expansions, and this setlist looks right up my alley

Obviously, I have no idea what kind of limitations Harmonix has these days, but something like this seems somewhat doable. Warped Tour already licensed out it's name to a venue in Guitar Hero II, and Vans appeared as product placement in the Guitar Hero games (World Tour and I think 5 as well?). Warped Tour doesn't exactly have a ton of artistic integrity, it was all a huge cash grab. I'd imagine they'd be on board with this sort of thing; but I guess Harmonix doesn't have the means these days (which I didn't anticipate back in 2016 when I originally posted this).

A lot of this type of music is severely lacking in RB4, plus new venues and character outfits would be nice. The recent DLC has gotten a bit closer to Warped Tour style music (A Day to Remember played 5 Warped Tours. Asking Alexandria did a handful) but those are both re-releases.

In hindsight, besides having more female fronted acts, I probably should've included more pop acts like Gym Class Heroes, 3OH!3, etc
    tdc002 said:

The recent DLC has gotten a bit closer to Warped Tour style music (A Day to Remember played 5 Warped Tours. Asking Alexandria did a handful) but those are both re-releases

Miss May I and Blessthefall are both Warped Tour alumni, as well.