WDRN

Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
edited January 2016 in Less Rokk More Talk
So radio WAYDRN has morphed into a real (ish) thing. Radio WDRN is a podcast developed by several of us long term posters and will cover a variety of topics. In other words, it'll be a lot of rambling.

Our first recording was a success, it covers Drinkin and Thinkin. The idea being which songs are good to drink to and/or ponder too. And of course, a copious amount of alcohol was consumed while we discussed this.

Our next recording will be Friday, with the topic being "Project Bad Ass". This will cover any and everything bad ass. In addition to creating a bad ass play list of tunes we'll be discussing bad ass movies, people, and anything else that fits the bill.

Let us know what you think and hit us up with suggestions. We'll also take questions and may even read them on the air.

Here's Radio WDRN's Facebook page: https://facebook.com/radioWDRN/

Comments

• Have a drink on me
  • I like the podcast !! My only suggestion is it's too long . 1 hour and 18 minutes is a long time . Maybe narrow it down to 30 to 40 minutes !! No doubt who is the badass person of the week next week ! David Bowie
  • Badass things huh . No doubt . Strippers are bad ass . Doc is badass and sniffing queefs are badass
  • I also have a suggestion for a podcast. Have everyone on the podcast tell their most embarrassing moment they have had in their life .
  • Hogan2015 said:

sniffing queefs are badass

My new sig
  • I also have a suggestion for a podcast. Have everyone on the podcast tell their most embarrassing moment they have had in their life .
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2016
    I'm making a list of Bad Ass ... stuff [edited]
  • I think my new avatar sums up badass.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    Attack Helicopters, Grizzly Bears, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Gorilla Glue, and tacos

to name a few
  • Way to spoil the surprise, Meat.
  • Meat was unclear on the concept and wasn't sure how much he was supposed to prepare / reveal in advance.
  • I'm gonna DVR this anyway, so everyone will spoil it for me regardless.
  • Revised logo. Laziness is my style.

• The neon makes it seem like it's WDRN: After Dark.

For those moments too risqué for the day.
  • The neon makes it seem like it's WDRN: After Dark.

For those moments too risqué for the day.

It made more sense due to last weeks drunk ramblings.
  • SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    Pretty sure everything we do is after dark.

There is no PG rated WDRN.
  • Hey guys, can I play too?
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    Hogan2015 said:

I like the podcast !! My only suggestion is it's too long . 1 hour and 18 minutes is a long time . Maybe narrow it down to 30 to 40 minutes !!

I always thought that an hour plus was pretty normal for podcasts. I've been on some that have gone on for way longer sometimes.

Haven't listened to this yet, nor can I for a while because work's about to get super hectic, but I've bookmarked it and I look forward to checking this out!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 2016
    It's up to 35 listens which is frankly pretty neat considering we've done next to no promotion outside of here.

Edit:
    The youtube video is currently uploading so it should be available in the next couple hours. Trying to upload it before the kid down the street uses all the bandwidth on poon.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2016

Uses for powdered alcohol
    Snacks, premixes, drinks, soups, processed seafood and livestock foods, prepared meals, pickles, foods boiled in soy sauce, processed agricultural foods, etc.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I didn't realize there was a separate thread to discuss Radio WDRN in until just now... I'm moving my review of the original show from WAYDRN into here where it's more topical.

Soooo... About the best thing I can say about the WDRN Radio podcast is that I didn't fall back asleep while listening to it at 5AM on my drive to Midland... So I'm thankful for that.

It actually was pretty funny, but by far the best part was the very end, where STM says he's down-voting the suggested "self-selected" personal catch phrases and then Witt spliced in (or so it appeared) him introducing himself "I'm STM...and I like to party" from the very beginning and then it just ended. I swear snot flew out of my nose at that. Good times.
  • The White Album is my strongest musical memory of "drinking and thinking", in college. Typically, by the time we got to "Happiness is a Warm Gun", the bending guitar notes perfectly meshed with our walking style.
  • SuperTigerMarioSuperTigerMario I'm not a hipster!
    New podcast! New liquor!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Podcast #2 is in the books.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited January 2016
    It's coming...
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Great job editing, Witt.