Newbie here, but not new to Harmonix (Amplitude)

Hey guys, my name is Dave. I suffer from Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and severe osteoarthritis. So games like Amplitude are normally very hard for me to play now. I am in constant pain, but that doesn't stop me from trying to enjoy the game.

I used to be pretty decent way back during the PS2 days, and currently i am raging at Astrosight on Expert. Really would've liked to have backed the game but the kickstarter began when i was no longer able to work due to my back issues thus my money was going toward tests and medical costs.

I have Perfect Brain, Dreamer and Unfinished Business at Gold bar ratings in the scores, and i am constantly trying to improve. Sadly songs like Dalaecht and Synthesized (a lot harder then i remember it being) i can't do yet. I am pretty sure some of it has to do with the calibration on my HDTV.

My PSN is the same name as my forum name here, so feel free to add me. Currently i play FFX: HD Remaster, Project Cars (rarely since i lack a racing wheel), The Order: 1888 and i may jump into DC Universe soon because why not its free.

As far as Amplitude goes, i would really love to see more songs added, and i know i am not the only one who feels this way. Especially would like to see many of the classic songs from the PS2 days come back. While i understand rights issues, you guys should have no problem making that happen. Hell, start another kickstarter for DLC content.

Would also love to see online play since i only have one controller for my PS4 right now.

I don't really play Rock Band or any of the others due to my issues, Amplitude is the only one i can still do somewhat well on.

Comments

• Hey, cool to hear you're enjoying the game despite the fibromyalgia. My girlfriend has fibromyalgia as well and had to give up playing bass and drums because of it (as well as her job), so I have second-hand but direct experience on how hard it can be.

Since I didn't start playing rhythm games until GH3, I'm a complete newb as far as Amplitude is concerned as well, but I'm absolutely loving it. It's really addictive and fun, and I'm slowly moving up to expert difficulty, but I'm still stuck on advanced with all of the harder songs. Having played RB Blitz before helps, but this is by far a better game.

I'd add you on PSN, but as the RB crowd can attest, I'm very rarely available for online play. Hope you'll find some fun people to play with, though!

Also, one final thing about the fibromyalgia: have you ever had your carnitine levels checked in your blood tests? My GF recently had that tested and they found she had a severe deficiency, and they're now hoping that raising her levels through medication will help at least a little. Not sure if this applies to you, of course, but worth checking out if you haven't yet.
  • Der_Lex said:

Also, one final thing about the fibromyalgia: have you ever had your carnitine levels checked in your blood tests? My GF recently had that tested and they found she had a severe deficiency, and they're now hoping that raising her levels through medication will help at least a little. Not sure if this applies to you, of course, but worth checking out if you haven't yet.

Yup, i went through a ton of blood testing when i was first diagnosed. Also need to get tested for Lupus i am showing signs of that. Nice to find someone on here i can relate to though. Gaming is pretty much my escape from the pain this brings, but i can't play Amplitude well at all when i am flaring. On a side note i can finally pass Synthesized, but i still can't get the drum solos near section 3. Friggin ridiculous.
  • MrResettiMrResetti Unsigned
    edited January 2016
    It's great that you still find a way to play even through your pain! I kind of understand what you are going through because I have gouty arthritis. When I have a flare I can't do anything and its very painful. I have been dealing with it for 8 years and had a point in time where the biggest flare I had left me in bed for almost two months. Right before my last flare I was just getting back into playing DDR and then had a flare a week after. At the end of the flare I forced myself to play through it. It felts amazing and terrible at the same time but I did get to play DDR! :) I wish you the best of luck with everything and keep FreQing Out!
  • edited January 2016
    I still have my PlayStation 2 - and I still play Frequency & Amplitude on my PS2. I play the new Amplitude on PS4 too - of course ! ;) But I also like the japanese music games with HATSUNE MIKU ! I play those games on my PSP, PS3 & PS Vita and I can't wait for the next part called "Project DIVA X"... :D ...rhythm games are so cool !