NEW KICKSTARTER FOR DLC, PLEASE?!?

I'm not sure which Harmonix employee I spoke to back in 2012, and I'm not sure how many other FreQs were contacting Harmonix about it, but I was one of the FreQs who kept FreQuently contacting Harmonix about continuing the FreQ n Amp series, and they asked me what kind of ideas I had in mind for it (which I noticed they split half of my ideas into Rock Band: Blitz and the other half into the Amplitude re-release), and the only thing I asked in return for my ideas was my name in the credits. I noticed my name didn't hit the credits of Rock Band: Blitz, but meh, I don't mind, at least they made it :p As for the new Amplitude, I'm not sure if my name made it to the credits on there cause I don't have a PS4 to play it on and the PS3 version still aint out yet (prolly didn't though :/), and I noticed the Kickstarter had a backer reward of "Your name in the Credits", but unfortunately I missed the Kickstarter due to lack of advertising (Like a LOT of us FreQs did :/), I've noticed from these forums (Official and Unofficial) that a bunch of us weren't even aware that there was a Kickstarter going on :/ Funding would have gone a LOT better if more of us FreQs KNEW ABOUT THE KICKSTARTER, and I have $200 in my pocket right now (and ever-growing the longer it takes for a new Kickstarter) that I'll throw down right now on Kickstarter if a new one is booted up for DLC (Goals in DLC Kickstarter should include new songs, remix mode, and online play). Now that the new Amplitude is out and you (Harmonix) have the FreQ Community's attention about it, what would one more Kickstarter hurt, really?? :p And I know from the beginning of this post you probably think I'm upset about not having my name in the credits, but to be honest, that would have just been a bonus, all I want is FreQ n Amp PERFECTION, and I believe another Kickstarter (with proper, official announcements to all of us) will bring it much closer than it is ^_6 (Getting back the Remix Mode at the very least would make it a LOT better than what it's left at right now :/) PLEASE HARMONIX, DO US FREQS A FAVOR AND RE-BOOT THE KICKSTARTER?!?

Also, if Amplitude ever gets song DLCs, I was thinking, what if Mari's not the only test subject err whatever, I was thinking for each purchased/downloaded song, they can go into different lists depending on the sound/feel of the song or what the song's talking about, and each list of songs should be a different subject's brain, and the BG visualizations should have a different look/feel to represent who's brain you're in! ^_6 Just a thought :p

Comments

• I have to echo what you have said.

I was a huge fan of Amplitude back on the PS2 and I had no idea there was a kickstarter going on. I am sure there are a lot more people out there who were willing to pay, but just didn't know about it.

I really want there to be DLC for this game. There just aren't enough songs. I would be beyond happy if we would get some more one day!
  • And it's not just us two thats ready to back this project to make it happen!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    They did promote it pretty frequently during the Kickstarter, and plenty of gaming news sites ran stories. I'm not sure how much more they realistically could have done. It's not like you run ads for Kickstarters.
  • They did promote it pretty frequently during the Kickstarter, and plenty of gaming news sites ran stories. I'm not sure how much more they realistically could have done. It's not like you run ads for Kickstarters.

But that is not my point. I am not trying to fault them for not advertising the Kickstarter better. I am just trying to point out there are a lot more people who would be willing to pay a lot extra for DLC to happen.

You would have just about all the original Kickstarter people PLUS lots of people like myself and the OP who didn't support the kickstarter, but would support the DLC initiative.

• I feel the same! I was thinking about how we can start our own fund to push for DLC. I will gladly donate $400 toward this happening!
  • I know they mentioned something about building a new engine that didn't include remix mode. If there was a way to push for tools to make our own custom songs or user generated content that would be amazing too. I think UGC would push the game further. I really want a remix mode, online mode, downloadable songs, and user generated content.
  • They did promote it pretty frequently during the Kickstarter, and plenty of gaming news sites ran stories. I'm not sure how much more they realistically could have done. It's not like you run ads for Kickstarters.

Ya, but I follow Harmonix on Facebook and never seen anything on there, and the only thing I really do with my Twitter is link it to everything and let it post by itself, I don't really check Twitter, but I mean they could've made a few Facebook posts and advertized on their cover photo like they did when Amplitude was re-released :/ Not saying in any way, shape, or form that Harmonix didn't try to do their best, I'm just saying they could have done a lil better, but as I stated in the original post:

Now... you (Harmonix) have the FreQ Community's attention about it...

Now that they have all of our undivided attention and we're all together on the forums, we can help promote the DLC Kickstarter, and even help eachother promote it by letting eachother know good places to post/advertise it to help get it out to more Freqs and potential FreQs and even make flashy, eye-catching advertisements (Images, SWFs, ect.) and share em with eachother to spread around and help better advertise for the DLC Kickstarter ^_6
    MrResetti said:

I was thinking about how we can start our own fund to push for DLC. I will gladly donate $400 toward this happening!

I was actually thinking the same thing if Harmonix doesn't come around with another Kicktarter :p ^_6 We could always do our own and show Harmonix how bad we really want DLC, and then if they throw up a Kickstarter after our fundraiser is over, they'd get the chunk of money from our fundraiser, and more! ^_6 I know I for one would pitch in on our fundraiser and then pitch in MORE on another official Kickstarter ^_6 And I'd also like to know how much Sony is wanting for the rights to the FreQ n Amp series, cause that's one big thing that's holding Harmonix back and if I could, I would totally pitch in for Harmonix to buy the rights so they can do whatever they want with the series! ^_6 WUB WUB!
  • We were off by about $250,000 to get online mode can't we just raise that amount somehow? I have campaign ideas to raise the money. I just don't know how to go about doing it without support from Harmonix. :)
  • MrResetti said:

We were off by about $250,000 to get online mode can't we just raise that amount somehow? I have campaign ideas to raise the money. I just don't know how to go about doing it without support from Harmonix. :)

Patience young trackhopper, we got this ;) Ever since Peach started "Phase 1" of the Amplitude DLC Campaign I've had tons of ideas and projects going to help our cause, just need time and cooperation ;) No rush on a DLC Kickstarter Harmonix, let us go through the Phases of our campaign and raise more awareness/make more FreQ, and then we'll ask again for another Kickstarter for DLC when we're done with our Community Campaign ;) If ya think about it MrReseti, that would actually be the better route to take for the cause, am I right?? ^_6

Also, if Amplitude ever gets song DLCs, I was thinking, what if Mari's not the only test subject err whatever, I was thinking for each purchased/downloaded song, they can go into different lists depending on the sound/feel of the song or what the song's talking about, and each list of songs should be a different subject's brain, and the BG visualizations should have a different look/feel to represent who's brain you're in! ^_6 Just a thought :p

I was also recently thinking, it takes more than a "Perfect Brain" to make music, it also takes Heart & Soul, so what if some of the operations were patient/test subjects hearts too! ^_6
  • I also would throw down on this. I was a huge player back in the FreQ Online demo disk, and then Amplitude. Met many amazing people. Didnt even know the game finally realeased, but want more for the game, and wish I had backed it up during kickstart, but I was to late. I knew about it from Try2kpup (however his name was spelled) and djdarkmunk
    Long live Amp!
  • And I'd also like to know how much Sony is wanting for the rights to the FreQ n Amp series, cause that's one big thing that's holding Harmonix back and if I could, I would totally pitch in for Harmonix to buy the rights so they can do whatever they want with the series! ^_6 WUB WUB!

If Harmonix owned the rights to the FreQ n Amp series, this could be Amplitude:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

Unfortunately as long as Sony holds the rights to the series, it will never hit other consoles/platforms :/ If/When The FreQ Community's project persuades Harmonix to start an Amplitude DLC Fundraiser (whether it be a Kickstarter or a Fig), getting the rights from Sony to Harmonix should be like the top "Stretch Goal", Harmonix ;) ^_6 I'm sure I'm not the only FreQ who wants to see Amplitude on other consoles (Xbox 360; Xbox One; Wii), PC/Steam, Mobile Devices (Smartphones & Tablets), and even VR (Virtual Reality)/AR (Augmented Reality) Headsets/Glasses! ^_6
  • XERQ GRANITEXERQ GRANITE Unsigned
    edited January 31
    PITCH REVIEW TIME! ^_6

http://www.amplitudeonline.com/forums/forum/amplitude-hd/3945-wrapping-up-the-dlc-pitch-the-final-pha5es

NOTE: The site isn't working correctly ATM and downloads won't work so a copy of the Suggested Artists/Bands Table is attached ;) The suggested Artists/Bands Table is still being worked on a little bit, and remember to have word wrap OFF when viewing it ;)