Song-Specific Changes Coming in April

Comments

• the example posted was in "Bat Country" on pro drums there is a cymbal that is charted to toms during the last chorus. So I guess there is still hope that some of the pro-drum issues will be fixed this update but not mentioned because there would be no scoring changes

Hmm, that's interesting. A "cymbal to tom" chart fix would lower the total possible score and would seem to require a song leaderboard wipe, but a "tom to cymbal" fix would increase the total possible score and they could leave the leaderboards intact!
    what? changing a tom to a cymbal does not change how much the note is worth. I am pretty sure no mater what you hit a note on pro drums is worth 30 points
    You're right, I think it was different in RB3 though (something like 25 for tom, 30 for cymbal).

@HamKet Basically songs with no guitar are having keys added, you will have already seen this in effect for 1 song if you own the RB3 export and have played "Imagine". The same is being applied to songs like "LoveGame" and "I Want to Know What Love Is".
    What about songs where keys are much more prevalent, and guitar is just along for the ride? I'm thinking a few Queen songs might apply..
    Well they're not in the list and adding keys would change the scores so I think they're doing the right thing and keeping the RB3 versions of the Queen songs for example.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

Really? Toms and cymbals are worth the same in RB4? So I can disable my yellow and blue cymbals and play easier pro drums to rock the leaderboards unfairly?

Yeah, if you put in that way, it sounds like you would be a fool NOT to do that, if all you care about is score chasing.
  • TheStuddz said:

A few discontinued songs on this list. Does this mean we'll have them by the time the April update is released?

@HMXCrisis I saw a lot of delisted songs in the list like by Metallica, Spinal Tap, BSSM era Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. Does this mean delisted DLC is being made available to those who already owned it on last gen either during March or when the April update comes?

No ETA. We'll let you know when de-listed content is available for re-download!

LoopyChew said:

What about the Simon & Garfunkel / The Sound of Silence crash that affects PS4 players? Was that already fixed for users in one of the previous updates?

Yes! This was fixed a little while ago. We even have a support article on it!

VolTRH said:

Sad that "Superstition" isn't on that list. Dropped keys make that song super disappointing on guitar.

@HMXCrisis, @HMXJosh is that something that can be fixed, or would it go against some sort of rule?

ETA: I'm referring to the charted horns on guitar, rather than the much-more-guitar-sounding clavichords that used to be charted to keys.

What you're referring to isn't a fix, necessarily, but a decision that our DLC team made. If you believe that there is actual broken charts in this song, let us know so we can take a look at them!

Some folks here are asking about metadata changes (changing a tier difficulty, for example) or changes to how charts were originally written. If you believe that there are legitimate scoring issues with individual DLC tracks, please let us know by submitting a ticket to our Customer Support portal. Thanks!

• plokoonplokoon Unsigned

Really? Toms and cymbals are worth the same in RB4? So I can disable my yellow and blue cymbals and play easier pro drums to rock the leaderboards unfairly?

I'm pretty sure if you disable the cymbals, the scoring jumps down to 25 base points per hit a la standard drums.

I think the point is that if you disable all but the Blue cymbal (the least used one), you'll still qualify as a Pro Drummer and get higher base points for ALL hits, despite the fact that you are basically playing regular Drums.
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act

Hmm, that's interesting. A "cymbal to tom" chart fix would lower the total possible score and would seem to require a song leaderboard wipe, but a "tom to cymbal" fix would increase the total possible score and they could leave the leaderboards intact!

what? changing a tom to a cymbal does not change how much the note is worth. I am pretty sure no mater what you hit a note on pro drums is worth 30 points

You're right, I think it was different in RB3 though (something like 25 for tom, 30 for cymbal).

Incorrect- cymbal hits are still worth more than base notes.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    Obligatory "when are keys coming?" redundant post.
    This would have been SO easy to verify / debunk ... if I wasn't at work ... why oh why did I trust something I read on the internet?

*does 100 push-ups as punishment*
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

Obligatory "when are keys coming?" redundant post.

They've said as recent as their FAQ about their recent partnership with PDP that they're not going to be putting keys back into the game, saying they "want to focus on the core experience.

Kinda wishing they had meant adding more hardcore/metalcore into the game, rather than ditching 1/5th of the lineup of RB3.
  • blaze122blaze122 Opening Act
    Disappointed to not see "On My Mind" by Ellie Goulding on t he list for the drum chart. The chart is literally impossible to FC as there should be roll lanes under the high-hat parts in the chorus.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    edited March 2016

I hope that is correct, but I don't have pro drums on RB4 so I can't confirm who is correct and who is mistaken.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited March 2016

I hope that is correct, but I don't have pro drums on RB4 so I can't confirm who is correct and who is mistaken.
    There is an easy test and you don't need any cymbals. Youtube videos of RB4 show that when all cymbals are enabled then every type of note is 30 base points so you don't need to test that. Now you can disable 2 of the cymbals ingame (blue and yellow would work best) and then test what the tom and kick base points are in a cymbal heavy song (e.g. Still Into You). If it's still 30 for each then the leaderboards can be abused by disabling 2 cymbals to get the same score whereas if it's less then using all 3 cymbals would get the highest scores.
  • HamKetHamKet Opening Act

@HamKet Basically songs with no guitar are having keys added, you will have already seen this in effect for 1 song if you own the RB3 export and have played "Imagine". The same is being applied to songs like "LoveGame" and "I Want to Know What Love Is".

Thanks, I understood that.

I was actually looking for a quick note for each song, not just the one with keys flipped to guitar. Basically, I'm curious to know what they're fixing or changing in each song. (I should have used "e.g." instead of "I.e.")
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

There is an easy test and you don't need any cymbals... Now you can disable 2 of the cymbals ingame (blue and yellow would work best) and then test...

=:^o
  • GeOMatriXGeOMatriX Opening Act
    Thank the devs for the hard efforts.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited March 2016

I just tested this out... played pro drums on A-Punk... hit the first tom 30 points, hit the first cymbal 30 points

When I turn off a cymbal all notes of that color become 25 points, while notes that I have the cymbal of (or snare/bass pedal) is still worth 30
    New DLC: pretend Keys never existed. Alt-chart to Guitar freely.
    Legacy DLC that had Keys but no Guitar part: rechart Keys to Guitar.
    Legacy DLC that had distinctive Keys and a Guitar part that is not nearly as distinctive as the part on Keys? Songs that clearly would have used a lot of alt-charting were they to be added to RB4 as brand new DLC? No changes.

It's worth asking about. I can only guess how inflexible they are in their stance. Maybe they didn't think anyone would notice, or that people would be mad having an already existing part replaced [there's always someone opposed to change]. Maybe it's officially "too late" because that would require YET ANOTHER leaderboard wipe (for a few songs only. but still).
  • I guess I'd be okay with swapping out existing guitar charts iff they only do that with songs that don't have a note of actual guitar, so "Superstition" and "Tainted Love" would be considered, but not "Take On Me" and definitely not any Billy Joel songs where there's a perfectly fine guitar part under a piano or sax solo.

But 99% of legacy guitar charts are fine the way they are, so I'd rather they not set any sort of revisionist precedent. There's a ton of not only Rock Band 3, but Rock Band 1 and 2-era songs that would have completely different (and in my opinion, much worse) guitar charts if released today.
  • MunnchyMunnchy Road Warrior
    Hey guys, quick question.

Is there a list of songs that are getting fixed that don't require leaderboard wipes? I'm dying to see Cherry Waves by Deftones get a drum fix, but I have no idea if that would require a leaderboard wipe or if that got missed on this patch
  • I guess I'd be okay with swapping out existing guitar charts iff they only do that with songs that don't have a note of actual guitar, so "Superstition" and "Tainted Love" would be considered, but not "Take On Me" and definitely not any Billy Joel songs where there's a perfectly fine guitar part under a piano or sax solo.

But 99% of legacy guitar charts are fine the way they are, so I'd rather they not set any sort of revisionist precedent. There's a ton of not only Rock Band 3, but Rock Band 1 and 2-era songs that would have completely different (and in my opinion, much worse) guitar charts if released today.

I disagree with the changes only coming for songs with zero actual guitar parts.. I was playing guitar on RB3 the other day, and it's killing me that I can't remember the song, but the only guitar part was for the solo.. The rest of it was all keys..

So that song in RB4 could conceivably consist of sitting around doing nothing for 2 minutes, mashing on the buttons for a freestyle solo for 25 seconds, then sitting around doing nothing for the remainder of the song.. Not fun.. Not when the melody is provided by the keys.
  • Underoath's Writing on the Walls has a horribly broken Pro Drum part at parts.

While the song is listed, the Pro Drums aren't marked with an 'X'. Is this a mistake on the table? If it's not please take a look at the songs drum chart again, it really keeps me from playing the song regularly!
  • edited March 2016
    You have no idea how relieved I was to see that Panic Attack guitar's leaderboards weren't being wiped. Nice to see that The Only Time is indeed getting a guitar part too.
  • FlumpfFlumpf Unsigned
    Hmm. I was excited to see Midnight Oil's 'Power and the Passion', thinking that the utterly weird and wrong guitar that comes in towards the end of the track may have been fixed. But only drums. I wish somebody would listen to the released track then go back and fix that bloody guitar in Rock Band!
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited March 2016
    TheStuddz said:

A few discontinued songs on this list. Does this mean we'll have them by the time the April update is released?

I really really hope so. Or fixes for stuff that isn't available yet, like the RB3 pre-order entitlements for New Order, Deftones, Talking Heads, and those Doors songs. I'd even buy the RB3 stuff I haven't bought yet, like the Ozzy pack if the fix is coming for that too.
  • TimmoWarnerTimmoWarner Opening Act
    I am most excited to see new lighting cues and whatever venue effects were missing!
  • killerewokkillerewok Opening Act
    At the very least, the delisted songs being fixed doubles down on thier promise to have that content available at some point.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

I am most excited to see new lighting cues and whatever venue effects were missing!

Please, please, negative camera effects on Clint Eastwood, oh please...
  • Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act
    LoopyChew said:

Please, please, negative camera effects on Clint Eastwood, oh please...
    I hope so, but I'm pretty sure negatives, mirrors/kaleidoscopes, distortion, frameskips, and 'security cam' effects are all removed from Rock Band 4. I also have yet to see stage fog like in previous games (Rock Band 1 era tracks had a ton of this).

The only screen/stage effect I've seen is the black/white film effect, which is incredibly boring. But maybe that's the glitch they're trying to fix? Who knows!