Song-Specific Changes Coming in April

Comments

• Delibird444Delibird444 Opening Act

Yeah, Keys make things complicated. Would they have ever thought to map Guitar to Keys, in RB3, for all of the long stretches in many songs that had no keyboard parts? There were a LOT of songs like that, that's part of why they got rid of Keys. Well, people have always wanted to add a rhythm guitar part [like the old Guitar Hero used to do], so why not map rhythm guitar to Keys? Two problems, solved!

But they never did that. They just let the Keys player sit there, bored. There wasn't even a Beer Timer in RB3, so unless you had the song memorized you couldn't be quite sure how long you would be sitting there with nothing to do. Poor Keys players.

But now there are no Keys, so we're back to alt-charting to Guitar. If I just pretend that Keys never existed, then I'm totally OK with this. No Keyboard in the game, and no real stringed guitars: we are no longer pretending to have "immersion" in a real rock band. Oh, we still are? As long as the sound that comes out of the "guitar" accessory is that of a guitar? Well, OK, I wouldn't want to ruin your fun by changing that. Except: now I have a super-boring guitar part to play. And long stretches of silence. On just a very few songs! But those are the songs that give people a chance to get trophies! How else would I get Crimson Stars on Guitar if not for "Terrible Lie"?

You're right, it's unsolvable. If you try to make one group happy, everyone else will have their version of the game "ruined". And vice versa.

Unless of course they simply added a toggle option for the songs in question:

__ Guitar used for key parts and guitar

_X_ Guitar use for guitar parts only

Truly I doubt there are too many songs that warrant such an option, but it sure would be nice for those few songs..
    That would involve so many changes. A toggle, and then an engine change that allows the mixing of some parts of keys and some parts of guitar charts? Lol.
  • Hellion4242Hellion4242 Opening Act
    All I know is that I played Heart of Rock and Roll last night on guitar, and I played rhythm during a sax solo and an extended harmonica outro. The horror!

It seems that some want "Guitar" to really mean "most prevalent melodic lead part regardless of source."
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, random instruments that have the "most prevalent melodic lead part" are perfect for mapping to Keys. But we don't have Keys ... so, Guitar gets it.

Remember when the RB3 version of "Ring of Fire" came out and they added Keys but kept the trumpets at the beginning on Guitar? A surprising choice. But decisions have to be made somehow. Maybe taking notes away from the Guitar track was hard to do / something they preferred not to do / an intentional style choice when converting songs.
  • edited March 2016
    HMXCrisis said:

I actually just checked in with our DLC team about this case. Looks like it was already on their radar, and a fix has been implemented for the April update! :smile:

Now I'm getting that song! just like I got Make Some Noise this month, good news.
  • So I was just playing "Forever" by In This Moment and realized a chart error that should be fixed. When I play with freestyle solos on the very first section of the solo is counted as its own solo. So you get two solo bonuses for one solo. Not sure if that happens in the regular chart but I refuse to turn off freestyle solos so I can't check
  • Reviving this thread to allow easy searching of the fixes.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Roadhouse Blues is super broken for me. The last minute or two the vocal track is a full second or more behind the vocals, and by the last 30 seconds the guitar is off, too. Hopefully it's included in these fixes.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    All you need is one Sacred Ash, but just know that that's the only one you're ever gonna get, so use it wisely.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    in The Beatles: Rock Band, all you need is love
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Someone used a pokeflute on this thread.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    LoopyChew said:

What about the Simon & Garfunkel / The Sound of Silence crash that affects PS4 players? Was that already fixed for users in one of the previous updates?

this. is this fixed? did I miss a memo somewhere?
  • ekffazr said:

LoopyChew said:

What about the Simon & Garfunkel / The Sound of Silence crash that affects PS4 players? Was that already fixed for users in one of the previous updates?

this. is this fixed? did I miss a memo somewhere?
    http://harmonixmusic.parature.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=556&folderID=0&subscribe=1
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I imagine some people are hoping for a 'fix' that doesn't entail deleting their RB4 install and all songs and then downloading them all again.
  • I imagine some people are hoping for a 'fix' that doesn't entail deleting their RB4 install and all songs and then downloading them all again.

I hear you, but they were asking if they'd missed the memo. I was just being a dutiful memo locator.
  • So I noticed some Foo Fighter songs are on there but I don't see Breakout. There's a fill at about 3/4 of the song and it has a yellow cymbal gem in the middle of the fill. Is it supposed to be there?
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    zabigg said:

I imagine some people are hoping for a 'fix' that doesn't entail deleting their RB4 install and all songs and then downloading them all again.

I hear you, but they were asking if they'd missed the memo. I was just being a dutiful memo locator.
    thanks for finding the memo..........nope I guess I didn't miss one :smiley:
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2016
    Is that list platform/region specific?

There are songs listed that aren't available on the PS4 (AC/DC, RB2 Pre-Order 20 Song Pack, etc).

The one song that was broken for me and others on the PS4 was "The Sound Of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel. Attempting to play it with vocal harmonies caused the game to crash. Playing it on solo vocals or with any other instrument was fine. I don't know if this has been fixed or not.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    so I'm curious here. Can anyone here confirm if Bodhisattva got fixed with the April patch?
    Can't test it out myself as I don't have the export yet :/
  • edited April 2016
    ekffazr said:

zabigg said:

thanks for finding the memo..........nope I guess I didn't miss one :smiley:
    Just posting this here to ask @HMXCrisis to also post the answer here when she finds out. Thanks in advance ;)

Edit: You rock, Criss! -- Patch fixes Sound of Silence is confirmed (see link).
  • So any word on when we will be able to download Kung Fu Fighting?
  • "Cherry Waves" on pro drums has been fixed!!!!
  • Oh my god, let's all go play Superstition.

The chart isn't changed, the horns are still there.
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited April 2016
    "Homecoming" now has a lot of red drum lanes... which is much better

Anyone here play "Red Barchetta" on pro drums? I want to know if it has been fixed before I buy it

*edit* Nevermind @Groudon199 stated in the other thread it was fixed
  • Oh my god, let's all go play Superstition.

I was going to download it...
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    *checks to see if they added drum roll lanes to The Camera Eye*

Nope :(
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    Wildcat15 said:

Oh my god, let's all go play Superstition.

I was going to download it...
    Yes I was going to purchase Superstition as well had they changed the chart. I still will if it happens in the future.
  • edited April 2016
    Since the patch I played Follow Me Down, The Mephistopheles of L.A., Icarus and Devil's Island on guitar and I haven't been able to distinguish any changes in any of them except for Devil's Island, where an annoying part in the last solo got removed

That little double green part. Always threw me off, but now I can FC that solo with no issue.

Edit: It seems like it doesn't want to link to the proper timestamp of the vid for some reason... but it's at 4 mins and 31 seconds.

And also yay for the Bodhisattva patch, quickly snagged that first place now that that got fixed.
  • Hellion4242Hellion4242 Opening Act
    *plays Superstition on bass*

Dunno what y'all are conplaining about...