Paid for PS4 version, was working, now locked & entitlement removed

GraffinGraffin Rising Star
edited April 2016 in Amplitude
Hi guys,

I know this game had a glitch earlier this month where some were reportedly downloading the demo and getting the full game for free, but I actually bought the game on Jan 6th, 2016 from the US PSN Store for $19.99 (have the email receipt to prove it).

The game was working fine. Then I noticed they put the PS3 version up and it was marked FREE so I grabbed that on April 5, 2016.

I go to play the game yesterday on the PS4 and it's got a padlock on it.

I restored licenses, then when that didn't work, I deleted and tried to re-download it, and now the PSN Store expects me to pay $19.99 for the game again. The game's disappeared from my Library and Download List (for both PS3 and PS4).

I look at my Purchase History on a PC and where it has an entry for Amplitude, it says...

Starts 01/06/2016
Expires 04/26/2016
Remaining -

What?

I didn't pay for a time limited demo.

I contacted PS Support via LiveChat and they see that my entitlements have been removed but don't know why. They said they would fix it within 5 business days, so hopefully that's what happens.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Does anyone have any idea as to how/why this happened?

Comments

• Yep, same thing happened to me. No one on Sony's end has been helpful to help me find out why, though.
    The only difference is that you said it's still listed in your purchase history, where as for me, it has been outright removed. Hopefully this gets resolved for everyone going through this soon!
  • Same problem here, bought it on 05/01 and now I don't have the right to play it. Contacted Sony's support, and they asked for a 5 business days wait, to TRY to solve this problem.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited April 2016

Yep, same thing happened to me. No one on Sony's end has been helpful to help me find out why, though.
    The only difference is that you said it's still listed in your purchase history, where as for me, it has been outright removed. Hopefully this gets resolved for everyone going through this soon!

Good to know it's not just me!

It should still be visible as a transaction if you log into your account on a PC https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/

On your username, click on account settings, then on the new screen click on the media tab.

It's listed there as...

Amplitude - A Cult Classic Reborn
    Harmonix Music Systems, Inc

It has the expiry date 04/26/2016, and 2 entries when I click on the tile (I presume PS4 and PS3 versions).

Still not fixed. At first Roberto on PS LiveChat said i'd been refunded (which I haven't), then he said it would take 3-5 days to fix, still no answer as to how or why this happened.

I know of others who downloaded the demo and got the full version for free. That still works for them. I bought it day one and now I can't even play the game :(

Here's what it looks like in my Purchase History, surely this must be affecting more than just the 3 of us?

760 x 72 - 40K
  • Sony gave me a refund today.
    popmarcos said:

Sony gave me a refund today.

Not so lucky here. It's been 6 working days and all I received from Sony was a survey asking how well my problem was dealt with (not at all).

I went back on Live Chat and now my case has been escalated but will take up to 5 business days. Apparently Roberto didn't even note that I gave him the purchase details for the game. This time I chatted with Evelyn who seemed a lot more helpful and she assured me that my entitlements would be restored. I'm fine with that, but I asked if a refund would be quicker/easier and I just re-purchase the content, but nope, they're going to try and restore my licenses.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    I called them yesterday and they said 3-5 business days.

I called them yesterday and they said 3-5 business days.

I'm still getting the runaround.

I received a denial of refund email.

Jumped on Live Chat for a 3rd time, and got Gabriel who says I illegally downloaded the full version. It took almost half an hour of pleading to get him to finally check the purchase order number and he finally says "seems legit, your licenses will be removed in 3-5 business days" and ends the chat.

This is a joke. I paid for the game. I can prove I paid for it. I tell 3 different customer service agents this. They all agree with me, but nothing's being done about it.

Isn't the PS3 version also supposed to be free if we bought the PS4 version?

They know nothing about that either.

What is it with Sony and Harmonix? (can't they work together in harmony - no pun intended)

I used to think it was a communication breakdown with SCEE, but now it's happening with SCEA as well.
  • Hey @Graffin, and any other folks who are affected by this:

We've pinged Sony about this issue and they are looking into it now, but would love to get some further information from you for investigation. Could you please answer the following questions:
    1. What is your PSN ID?
    2. What region is your console in? (SCEA or SCEE)
    3. When did you originally purchase Amplitude, and on what platform?
    4. Did you download / repurchase the PS3 version for free? If so when?
    5. What date (or estimate) did you notice your entitlement was not being recognized?

Any and all information helps! Thank you! :)

edited May 2016
    HMXCrisis said:

Hey @Graffin, and any other folks who are affected by this:

We've pinged Sony about this issue and they are looking into it now, but would love to get some further information from you for investigation. Could you please answer the following questions:

1. What is your PSN ID?
    2. What region is your console in? (SCEA or SCEE)
    3. When did you originally purchase Amplitude, and on what platform?
    4. Did you download / repurchase the PS3 version for free? If so when?
    5. What date (or estimate) did you notice your entitlement was not being recognized?

Any and all information helps! Thank you! :)

It's finally been resolved after 15 days and 4 different service agents.

Originally purchased PS4 version on Jan 6 for $19.99 on the US PSN Store.

Then purchased PS3 version on April 15 for free on the US PSN Store.

SCEA thought I illegally downloaded the demo and got the full version for free (as they stated in their Refund Denial email), but that wasn't the case. I had the emails/purchase order numbers to prove I paid for the game but 3 out of the 4 service agents on live chat refused to simply look at the receipt numbers I gave them.

So, it was showing this in my purchase history (think it's in my post above)...

Starts 01/06/2016
    Expires 04/26/2016
    Remaining -

They took away my licenses and entitlements for the game and it was unplayable on both systems from April 26.

This is why I prefer physical games over digital ones... Seems they can remove or delete digital content at any time and we have to fight to get it back.

Despite being told I wouldn't receive a refund, as the purchase was made over 30 days ago, I did get a refund (no apology though). Re-purchased the PS4 version, then the PS3 version and Demo was also marked as purchased. Both versions work again and entitlements have no Expiry dates.

I think it's due to the PS3 version coming out. I heard of others getting the full version for free just by downloading the demo, but I actually paid for the game and had proof. SCEA were too lazy to simply check the purchase order number I provided them.

A lot of unnecessary frustration for me because of their laziness. All fixed (for now).

Thanks for the reply HMXCRISIS. Much appreciated!