General VR - Let's get this conversation started!

Harmonix Music VR

Hey all!

Welcome to our newest section of the Forums - VR! Here, we'll talk about all things virtual reality, including Harmonix and non-Harmonix VR games.

You can check out our newest addition to the Harmonix VR roster by visiting the game's page for Harmonix Music VR!

This category is your place to discuss whatever you want in the VR scene. So let's get started!

Comments

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    ...okay, I'll go first. Hmmm.... well, my neighbor works here and just got back from a two week trip to China where currently they are in production for their pre-orders. He says all the feedback they've gotten during development has been extremely positive so I'm hoping it's a great success for him. It looks pretty cool coming from a "non-gamer" type and I'm hoping he gets to bring home a demo to try out. Also looks like it could be a great work-out.
  • I want to try out VR before I ever decide to spend money on it. I have no idea if I would enjoy VR, and they are too expensive for me to want to buy without being 100% sure I would like it.

I would love to try it out, but everyone I know has the same feelings as me... so no one has a VR headset.
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    There's an annual gaming expo in my town that for the past few years has held Occulus Rift demos. I've been curious, but they require sign-ups in advance and the demand has been consistently high.

I'm in the same boat otherwise. I know I might like it if I try it, but so far I haven't been motivated enough to try it.
  • I will get around to trying VR eventually, but it's expensive and there isn't a game out there that seems must-have to me right now. Waiting to see what E3 has to offer.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    VR looks really cool, and I was almost ready to be an early adopter for PSVR before I realized there really aren't any games that justify the cost right now. I've been burned before by EyeToy and Move (not the tech itself, which was stellar, but the lack of developer support), so I'm playing it safe for now.
  • Got my HTC Vive about two weeks ago and OMG the hype holds no candle to the real thing. I play with it every day and its still amazing. As far as support goes there are a ton of VR games already and the system just released to the pubic within the last few months. In referance to what I would love to see from harmonics - A social VR karaoke game would be mad fun. Also can I please have Rock Band with vive support (room scale for the stage would be EPIC).
  • don999don999 Unsigned
    If you have to wear a contraption on your head count me out. I am not risking my eyesight. It looks pretty cool if you could play it on tv. My gut instinct? Big fail like 3D , they cant giveaway that stuff. Concentrate on Rock Band. Get better DLC.
  • joseph5185joseph5185 Opening Act
    Just picked up the HTC Vive last night and already ... Wow .

Just ... Wow!

The possibilities are literally endless and VR is just getting started. I have only begun to scratch the surface as far as experiencing games, but man is it incredible.

I'll give you one since this is a HMX forum. Audioshield. 'Nuff said.

You know what's REALLY great about VR? You don't need a 60" or 70" or 100" TV. You are literally immersed in a full 360 environment and there's simply nothing better than "virtually" everything you can see.

It's an exciting time...
  • Glad you're liking your Vive! That's on my list to ... eventually get. Soon. I need to find the space for it in my new apartment, haha. ;)

So exciting though! :D
  • So far im enjoying my Plastation VR. It really puts you in the game i love that.
  • @rayinzice It's a really fun device. What have you picked up for it so far?
  • So far i got your game. Also the ps worlds game came with it, got the launch bundle. Rez Infanent,Thumper,Job Simulator,Catlateral Dammage,and a couple others i was saveing for months to get this and some games for it.
  • @rayinzice Awesome. Those are allll amazing games (Job Sim and Catlateral) were also made by other Boston devs, so seems like you have a nice Boston collection in your library, haha.
  • Harmonix has changed the way I listen to music forever!! The easel is a magical experience that any art and music lover should try -its beautiful! I would love to see an update with much more brushes and objects and a higher or no limit on how much you can create-at least on psvr - got sad when I had to erase stuff- I would even pay for those upgrades
  • Harmonix has changed the way I listen to music forever!! The easel is a magical experience that any art and music lover should try -its beautiful! I would love to see an update with much more brushes and objects and a higher or no limit on how much you can create-at least on psvr - got sad when I had to erase stuff- I would even pay for those upgrades

agreed, More brushes would be awesome i'd pay for them extras aswell.
    Also some sort of online experiences, whether its Joining a friend on easel, or watching a friend, or just a place to upload/download creations.