Harmonix Interview

edited January 2008 in Rock Band
The fine folks and Harmonix have agree'd to do an interview for us over at Rockgamer. We have a nice set of questions to submit to them, but we wanna take 3 or 4 questions from the 'community' to submit as well.

So if you have a question about the game, here's a direct link to the story. Leave your question in the comments box.

Ask Harmonix

Peace

Mike & Jen, Webrockers of Rockgamer.com (Yes, it's corney. And we love it)

P.S. The site isn't rendering properly in IE right now, the fonts are off.. we're working on it... We're only 2 weeks old and we've been trying to keep up with the traffic!!! (And that's a good thing).

Comments

• tepidsharktepidshark Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    Posted a question. When do plan on doing the interview and then posting it?
  • MightyTANKMightyTANK Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    when can we expect BWT to be online?!
  • ASPSAXASPSAX Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    Since you said "3 or 4 questions", does that mean eventually we're going to vote for the best one or that you'll choose?

(also, great idea)
  • FrederfFrederf Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Oh gosh Oh gosh, let's see if I can come up with some reasonable questions that aren't a waste of developer breath to answer.

1. Is the Gold/guest voice chat (X360) un-functionality intentional? If not, are there any plans to change it?

2. The D-pad rather uselessly functions as a strum during play on the guitar. Would Rock Band consider duplicating the effects switch functionality onto the D-pad of the guitar, thus allowing all guitar controllers with a D-pad the ability to select guitar effects?
  • edited January 2008
    Oh gosh Oh gosh, let's see if I can come up with some reasonable questions that aren't a waste of developer breath to answer.
    Please post the questions on the website not here :)

And we're gonna wait a week to get as many questions as possible then pick the best ones...

The website is listed above :)
  • HeXcodaHeXcoda Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    Posted mine, although it's sort of a metaquestion (doesn't it suck that you're unable to answer any questions). Just an observation because every interview in the past where the standards of Online BWT and Albums and so on, the questions get shot down or passed on by Harmonix...

Still, I think it'd be best for the community if you poke them with those particular sticks anyway. They won't say anything and will stick to the softball questions like "What's your favorite ice cream flavor" but it's worth a shot.
  • sidman69sidman69 Road Warrior
    edited January 2008
    any chance we'll be seeing Guns N' Roses in Rock Band any time soon?
  • GoclFaThERGoclFaThER Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Ya ive posted my question. Mainly I want to know when(or if) BWT will come out, and when will PS3 owners receive voice chat for online play.
  • edited January 2008
    HeXcoda;290439 said:
    Posted mine, although it's sort of a metaquestion (doesn't it suck that you're unable to answer any questions). Just an observation because every interview in the past where the standards of Online BWT and Albums and so on, the questions get shot down or passed on by Harmonix...

Still, I think it'd be best for the community if you poke them with those particular sticks anyway. They won't say anything and will stick to the softball questions like "What's your favorite ice cream flavor" but it's worth a shot.
    What if I find their tastes in ice cream a fascinating point of contention? :confused:

Anyway, a more direct question: I come from a software development and IT background. I would like to move into something more interesting and aligned with my skillset. What can a person develop as far as skills, references, and experience to break into the gaming development industry?
  • ShinChan83ShinChan83 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    While I would normally agree with you about the uselessness of the d-pad's strumming function, frederf, I gotta say that having the d-pad do that saved my band from being down a bass player when the actual strum bar failed. It wasn't as comfortable, but we got through several nights of strummin' with the d-pad =P
  • RockerJoe123RockerJoe123 Rising Star
    edited January 2008
    When will Rock Band be released in the UK?
  • edited January 2008
    Not to derail this thread. But feature requests like the D-Pad are better served being submitted in the "suggest a feature" sticky than an interview.

I do like the idea though. Although I think it makes more sense to put the effects on left-right and leave up-down to control strumming.