Jordan Glitch: Does it Exist?

XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Everyone under the Harmonix sun wants an easy way to kick the bucket (play Jordan on expert). Akaymay mentioned a glitch his friend found to 5 star Jordan. Does a glitch to kick the bucket exist? I did some digging...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=935834&topic=37272257

Now the question is have I unleashed a wave of cheaters or just good talk? Do what you will. Oh and Akaymay your bud did find a glitch so just live with it knowing he deserves it not!

Comments

• JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Wow, it's on the PS2 as well. I'm surprised that it took almost a whole year before someone found this.

-Jaime
  • stinkdog2007stinkdog2007 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Yes it exists. I have spent a month or 2 trying to pass Jordan and never could have. So I thought I would do this; it works. It gave me the achievement for Kick the Bucket. But if you don't want to mess up the leaderboard, do this:

1. UNPLUG YOUR XBOX FROM THE INTERNET! Just take the cable, pull it out. BAM. Disconnected from Xbox Live.
    2. Do the glitch. Get your Kick the Bucket achievement.
    3. After you have completed the song and gotten the achievement, never hit continue or whatever. Just turn off your xbox.
    4. Plug your cable back in, sign back into Xbox Live. Voila. You now have the achievement and no score is saved so you can't mess up the leaderboards.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I am tempted to but it's not the same. Damn. I feel like a virgin wants to wait but feels like an ass for doing so.

Someone convince me to work for it before I act like a fool!
  • Blue88Blue88 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I'm amazed no one's found this yet.

The shadiest thing I've ever done to beat Jordan was to tape the green button down. It didn't help nearly as much as I thought it would.
    edited August 2007
    LOL! That's pretty funny.
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    i'll do this just for the achievement probably.. but i want the satisfaction of actually earning my eyeball, axe, and log i still have yet to receive.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Yes, this is information is potentially very dangerous. There are worse things - people paying MS points for someone else to beat it/get achievements for them (or maybe he just gives them the info, not sure).

Anyway, the only way I'll ever consider using this is if I still can't kick the bucket and Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band are on store shelves... even then I'm not sure I could do it. I might have to try this on a non-live account just to see it work - curiosity. No wonder I'm ranked around 500 on ScoreHero and around 5000 on the Live leaderboards. I'm sure a lot of those are legit, but I'm sure there's plenty that aren't.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm glad I don't need the cheat. not to brag or anything, but cheating for a prestigous achievement? you guys don't deserve it.
    edited August 2007
    bounchfx;32050 said:
    I'm glad I don't need the cheat. not to brag or anything, but cheating for a prestigous achievement? you guys don't deserve it.
    I think that settles it. I'm gonna shred my hands to beat this song but I'm gonna do it and be legit.

Vi-Jord-nity: The act of legitimately kicking the bucket no matter how long one must wait.

I wonder how many still have their viJordnity.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    monlienNH3;32041 said:
    No wonder I'm ranked around 500 on ScoreHero and around 5000 on the Live leaderboards. I'm sure a lot of those are legit, but I'm sure there's plenty that aren't.
    Nahhh.. When you think about it, many of the people who play 360 GH do not go on scorehero. You'd have to look on the internet or on forums to know about it, and even then you'd have to sign up and take the time to upload all the scores. A lot of people are too lazy to do so, myself included. I don't go on scorehero at all, i just play for fun. But I'm still good and could surprise someone who is ranked high on scorehero if they didn't see my scores.
  • monlienNH3monlienNH3 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    lithiumkc;32071 said:
    Nahhh.. When you think about it, many of the people who play 360 GH do not go on scorehero. You'd have to look on the internet or on forums to know about it, and even then you'd have to sign up and take the time to upload all the scores. A lot of people are too lazy to do so, myself included. I don't go on scorehero at all, i just play for fun. But I'm still good and could surprise someone who is ranked high on scorehero if they didn't see my scores.
    Well, I'm not saying that I should be ranked 500 on live leaderboards - probably ~2000-3000, but I've seen multiple cheaters on xbox.com alone who have had other people get every achievement for them and other leaderboard hacks and stuff. I think a lot of people who play as much as me would be likely to join scorehero... but I'm sure less people bother joining for 360 than PS2 since leaderboards already exist via Live. But I am of competetive nature, so maybe that's part of it too.

Edit: Just to clarify, I WILL NOT use this cheat to get my Kick the Bucket Achievement. I've now seen the trick in action on a non-live account, and it's just flat out lame.
  • DIEGOROBOT26DIEGOROBOT26 Banned
    edited August 2007
    monlienNH3;32178 said:
    Well, I'm not saying that I should be ranked 500 on live leaderboards - probably ~2000-3000, but I've seen multiple cheaters on xbox.com alone who have had other people get every achievement for them and other leaderboard hacks and stuff. I think a lot of people who play as much as me would be likely to join scorehero... but I'm sure less people bother joining for 360 than PS2 since leaderboards already exist via Live. But I am of competetive nature, so maybe that's part of it too.

Edit: Just to clarify, I WILL NOT use this cheat to get my Kick the Bucket Achievement. I've now seen the trick in action on a non-live account, and it's just flat out lame.
    I was 34th at a point then my 360 died =[

Anyway, this cheat is filthy and makes us people who really kicked the bucket feel bad or just me.
  • edited August 2007
    This hole really stands to blow up any credibility in the leaderboards on GH2 360. I'm already seeing a flood of illegitimate scores (check Trogdor for example). I don't put much stock in leaderboards to begin with, but it is a wee bit disappointing to know that my score in the 450 range could be illegitimately beaten with this technique.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Apples;32283 said:
    This hole really stands to blow up any credibility in the leaderboards on GH2 360. I'm already seeing a flood of illegitimate scores (check Trogdor for example). I don't put much stock in leaderboards to begin with, but it is a wee bit disappointing to know that my score in the 450 range could be illegitimately beaten with this technique.
    Take it with a grain of salt, then, and assume that you are better than some of the cheaters. I mean in 3 or 4 years, will it really matter? Knowing youre in the top percentage is still a good feeling :p
    edited August 2007
    I never trust leaderboards. If I want competition I'd rather do it against said competition live.

Especially with all the hacks, mods, and glitch whores on Live.
  • Brad_LeeBrad_Lee Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    This is ****ing retarded I spent a month working on Jordan before I passed it. I guess you can tell people are legit by their scores though... only achievement I haven't got is the 500k. Got millionaire pair and the 400k achievement... least that shows Im a good player.

I was wondering why I dropped from 447 to 1200 something in two weeks.
  • edited August 2007
    yeah it killed me when people started cheating. around the early days I was 26th lol, but then I stopped playing for a little and was like 3000, so I started up again and went through most of my lower scored songs, destroyed them, and got around 500ish, it's funny, because like two weeks later I was back around 1100 again. I'm sure I could try more but I just don't have it in me to compete like that.
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I still haven't beaten Jordan yet. I don't really have the chance to play though. I've been PS2less for around two months. I'm sure if i could still play everyday I'd be heaps better. I don't really have much to show for my skill now except my Message In A Bottle score which is 316k :D. This glitch is really just lame, theres no skill here. I'd rather feel that I beat Jordan than spend 20 minutes trying to get this glitch to work.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I simply can't make it past 50% on Jordan. The solo is just to cluster-****ed. It doesnt even sound good. Buckethead is highly overrated.
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;32457 said:
    I simply can't make it past 50% on Jordan. The solo is just to cluster-****ed. It doesnt even sound good. Buckethead is highly overrated.
    I like Buckethead, I wont disagree on the overrated part though. Hes an amazing guitarist still, there are some songs that I watch him play an it's simply.. wow, but most of his best songs don't get enough recognition. Like people who are like "OMGWTFXBBQ Nottingham lace is teh UBER BOMBZ" annoy me cause they probably never listen to any other song by him.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm not sure how he is overrated.. I honestly have heard nothing of him or about him most of my life outside a song in the mortal kombat soundtrack and being in GH2.

and are you taking it out on him because you can't beat the song?

lawls
    edited August 2007
    bounchfx;32643 said:
    I'm not sure how he is overrated.. I honestly have heard nothing of him or about him most of my life outside a song in the mortal kombat soundtrack and being in GH2.

lawls
    Only reason I find him overrated is because most people i talk to about him think hes the best thing to ever touch a guitar, and that everything he produces is magic.
  • ElninoElnino Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    bounchfx;32643 said:

lawls
    He has a song in the MK soundtrack?
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    fact is monsters&robots is an awesome album, jordan is a pwnful song with/without the solo. the solo is amazing, buckethead is cool but he isn't a gutiar god. just a good, creative, pwnful guitarist
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Wow, it worked. I am a terrible person
  • Prescott523Prescott523 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I beat it one time like 2 months ago, and I haven't beat it again since. Luck? Yeah... But I DID get 4 stars :D.