Rock Blog Monday 08/06/07

edited August 2007 in Announcements
What did you all do this weekend? I didn't so much of anything. I caught up on some movies I missed in the theaters (mainly as I am strongly opposed to going into movie theaters) like Hot Fuzz - which to the best of my knowledge is the result of someone breaking open my head taking a look inside and making a film that is a composite of everything I would like to see just so they could watch what my reaction was. If that really was the impetus behind the film I applaud them and I hope they find the resulting data fascinating (I and my girlfriend started gleefully jumping on the couch during some of the later scenes due to their fierce awesomosity.)

I also had a dream about reading the forums and finding the search button totally gone which resulted in 3000 new topics with the exact same title (I don't remember what the title was, but I am sure we can come up with a few probable offenders.)

Got rid of our first spambot today. Don't think he'll Dennis112 will be darkening our doorstep anytime in the near future. If anyone else like that shows up (and they will) let me know and I'll make sure it gets taken care of as fast a possible.

Blogs!

Sasquatch King on RE5, GTA4, S:TM, S&M, FT, and BB.

Heather on the newly redecorated ladies room.

Comments

• travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hot Fuzz really was awesome.. That and Shaun of the Dead are two of my favorite movies.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Example 1 : What is the release date?

Example 2: How much will RB cost?

Example 3: Preorder bundles?

Need a few more?
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hot Fuzz and Shawn of The Dead Were Cool , they're making another one too its called "Run Fatboy Run" , and c'mon Sean no new RockBand Info.. am sad :(
  • edited August 2007
    TheRocker;32559 said:
    Hot Fuzz and Shawn of The Dead Were Cool , they're making another one too its called "Run Fatboy Run" , and c'mon Sean no new RockBand Info.. am sad :(
    In the past month there really has been a ton of info as well as plenty of video to pore over. If we released info every day, even every week it would be a mess and everybody would be sick of us. We're excited to be able to talk about stuff as well.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    People seem to forget E3 was only about 2 weeks ago, and that release is still quite a while to go
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;32568 said:
    People seem to forget E3 was only about 2 weeks ago, and that release is still quite a while to go
    Ahhh, it's just warranted anxiousness. Thats expected when the game's looking so sweet.
    edited August 2007
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I see 3000 threads on the same topic regardless of the search function.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    TheRocker;32559 said:
    yeah but Nick Frost isn't in it :\
    edited August 2007
    We'll maybe Nick will be back for his Other Movie " How to lose friends and alienate People"
  • NorrenRaddNorrenRadd Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    lol, if only having a search field could prevent 3000 topics on the same subject. just wait for the uneducated masses.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Nice blogs today, I really enjoyed them. I could not agree with Sasquatch more about the need for more Sam and Max games. Heathers bathroom tour was certainly nice, a lot of Johnny Depp though...

I did absolutely nothing this weekend. I am going to see the new Bourne movie tonight, which I have heard is quite good. I have not gotten around to seeing Hot Fuzz, but my friend has it, so I'll be borrowing it from him before the summer is over, I've heard only good things about it, and I loved Sean of the Dead, so I really want to see it.

I don't like people always asking for info, we actually got new info last friday aka post E3 interview with IGN, which was actually a lot better than I had hoped it would be, very informative and got a lot of frequently asked questions, aswered. I look forward to more info this month and in the next few months!
  • edited August 2007
    masterx1918;32580 said:
    yeah but Nick Frost isn't in it :\
    :eek: :(

That makes me a sad panda.

But its weird because just two minutes ago I was watching Hot Fuzz with my friends.

Its such an awesome movie. Shawn of the Dead was amazing as well.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hey the mere destruction of that spambot makes up for any lack of news.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    NorrenRadd;32592 said:
    just wait for the uneducated masses.
    Uh, does that mean WE are the educated ones??? :eek:
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I think that spambot had some pretty good deals...
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Why is everyone spelling Shaun of the Dead wrong? It's "Shaun," not "Sean" or "Shawn."

Sorry, that just bugs me. Haha.

Oh, and Edgar Wright.. the guy who directed and helped write Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz isn't doing Run, Fat Boy, Run, either..
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;32555 said:
    Example 1 : What is the release date?

Example 2: How much will RB cost?

Example 3: Preorder bundles?

Need a few more?
    Such simple questions. You know the answers to them, Sean! Could you at least give us some clues? Like, 1-18-08 style. (If you dont know what it is, dont bother asking, if you know what it is, awesome). We just want some simple info!
    edited August 2007
    I wish it was 01-18-08....it looks completely badass.

I also wish it was that date that Rock Band comes out... oh what date is that? Hmm? Little help Sean?
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    jq71586;32766 said:
    I wish it was 01-18-08....it looks completely badass.

I also wish it was that date that Rock Band comes out... oh what date is that? Hmm? Little help Sean?
    It better not come out 1-18-08, that'd be like, LATE! I'd like to see a 09-02-07 release!
    edited August 2007
    I meant it to come off as that I hope it was 1-18-08 or that date that Rock Band comes out, but no one knows what date that is and hoping Sean would throw out a freebie.
  • Reaper_of_HonorReaper_of_Honor Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Hot Fuzz is indeed awesome. Great movie for freshing up your Breetash (British... I just like to spell stuff weird... like geetar) accent.
  • ConsoleCoWBoYConsoleCoWBoY Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Reaper_of_Honor;32891 said:
    Hot Fuzz is indeed awesome. Great movie for freshing up your Breetash (British... I just like to spell stuff weird... like geetar) accent.
    Then, the people at Harmonix would call YOU: Reepah of Honah!

=o ...u wouldn't want that, now would you?... o=

Working near Cambridge (actually near Concord), I hear the english tongue get slaughtered all the time! =S

"I pahked thah cah at hahvahd yahd. Yah bahstahd. "

You see?... talking like that on forums are bad and could backfire!
  • edited August 2007
    hmxsean;32548 said:

I also had a dream about reading the forums and finding the search button totally gone which resulted in 3000 new topics with the exact same title
    I'm living that nightmare right now!!

Let's blame Harmonix for an awesome show at E3 which brought 50 billion ppl here.
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    My weekend consisted of my Sunday afternoon volleyball and checking out The Bourne Ultimatum. It wasn't bad, good action. Defintiely see it if you enjoyed the other ones. Oh, and I found this nice bar on the lake that I get miles at for being a patron - through my United Miles plan-e-o. I've been there twice now, once over this weekend. Got my group to pay me in cash and I put everything on my tab :D

There's this persona named lithium..something. I think he's a spambot ;)
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    ooooh, yesssssssss! I'm getting Hot Fuzz today along with my new tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!
    I'm gonna be rocking out on a sweet ass 60" sxrd!!!!!!!!!!111
  • psyborgpsyborg Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;32548 said:
    which to the best of my knowledge is the result of someone breaking open my head taking a look inside and making a film that is a composite of everything I would like to see just so they could watch what my reaction was.
    I feel the exact same about Planet Terror(GrindHouse)

btw I'm new here, hello everyone. :)
  • AnteraanAnteraan Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    mobhit101;33111 said:
    ooooh, yesssssssss! I'm getting Hot Fuzz today along with my new tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!
    I'm gonna be rocking out on a sweet ass 60" sxrd!!!!!!!!!!111
    SXRD, nice! It's still the best picture technology out there. And, welcome to the club. I bought mine this time last year, right before football season started (and I watched the Colts win the Super Bowl on it, WOOHOO!). As an Indy native, I was pleased. :p