ZOMFG! I Kicked the Bucket and...

XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
DIDN'T GET MY ACHIEVEMENT DAMMIT!

What the füçk!?! How screwed. Ever heard of this before?

Comments

• XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;32849 said:
    Weird, did you glitch it? Did you beat it on Expert?
    YES!

It saved and everything. Geez. My wrist is crying.

Thanks for the congrats though. I don't know if I could do that again. I need a few days off.

I'm relieved but pissed.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Were you in career mode or in quick play? Because if I'm not mistaken, you need to be in career mode to earn that achievement.... :-\
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Aw, this reminds me of this game I play. Like, it's an MMORPG. I play for HOURS trying to get my guy to level up, I get to like, 75%, then I die, and I'm back to like, 50%...it SUCKS.
  • Prescott523Prescott523 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    This is actually VERY weird, because after the most recent update, I 5* Misirlou, which should have given me my achievement, and it didnt. Odd...
    edited August 2007
    Prescott523;32874 said:
    This is actually VERY weird, because after the most recent update, I 5* Misirlou, which should have given me my achievement, and it didnt. Odd...
    Maybe it is the update. Hmm.

Well I was in career on expert. All was perfect. 4 stars even. *sigh* Well I can now say I kicked the bucket on 360 just wish I had the achievement for proof.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Well with all the cheaters out there it doesnt really matter right?
  • Prescott523Prescott523 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Well if it's the update, are they gunna give me my achievement? Because it says 5* on all, but no achievement...
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;32890 said:
    Well with all the cheaters out there it doesnt really matter right?
    I was thinking that. It takes the special out of it a bit. Well I have my satisfaction and pride. Cheaters got nothing like it.

And I don't plan on trying again anytime soon. HA! Maybe not ever.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    well i've had a similar problem from the first time i played the game. i beat those two crappy songs thunderhorse and trogdor and failed to get an achievement wut gives folks??
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I bet you glitched it.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Sounds like these achievements aren't all they are hyped up to be. Especially since they seem unattainable. The more I hear, the more I am turned on to the PS3.
    edited August 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;33137 said:
    Sounds like these achievements aren't all they are hyped up to be. Especially since they seem unattainable. The more I hear, the more I am turned on to the PS3.
    Not even a $50 price drop? Glitch achievements are new to me. I never even knew it could happen.

Do what you will but don't base a couple hundred purchase on achievements.
    edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;33170 said:
    Not even a $50 price drop? Glitch achievements are new to me. I never even knew it could happen.

Do what you will but don't base a couple hundred purchase on achievements.
    Don't worry, I'm not. I base it on how the majority boast about how Xbox360 is the supreme machine to choose because of these achievements that PS3 doesn't have. Doesn't sound like 360 has them either. People are bragging about how these achievements are great because they are 360 exclusive. The idea is novel, granted, but I would think it'd be better if the option worked.

I've always been a fan of the Playstation franchise, and agree that the PS3 is way over priced. But I've yet to hear of hardware problems as extensive as the 360. I've yet to hear of Sony needing to extend the warranty by three years because of an influx of their hardware being defective.

Sure, 360 has Xbox Live. Who cares? I would see it being a big deal if you are a online fanatic looking for people to play, but I'm not as into it as many are.

And certainly 50 bones isn't going to sway my judgment either way. Especially if I'm going to be dropping 400 + 200 for RB.

It all boils down to what I can afford when November hits. Then I'll worry about what I need to get.
  • JB4GDIJB4GDI Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Don't wait until all the $500 60 gigs are gone. That's your cheapest bet outside ebay.

-Jaime
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Achievements are lame, I have people on my friends list that go to Blockbuster and rent games like "Open Season" and "Cars" to get easy 2000 point achievements. So that's not even an issue to me, I'd base my decision on network play, seeing as how RB is all about multi-player.
  • Raider87Raider87 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I got that achievement :D
    edited August 2007
    I don't really think achievements are important, but I like to get as many as I can get within reason.

one i would deem unworthy of my time is the Gears of War 10,000 kills achievement or the Rainbow six vegas "Elite" achievement
    edited August 2007
    Achevements are good for perks, and can extend the life of a game with solid and creative goals, but your whole experience being your Gamerscore is sad.

And PS3 bashing is often exagerated. Ibanez I wouldn't hate you for picking PS3. I had my reasons to dodge it (almost got it though) but to each his own.
    edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;33306 said:
    Ibanez I wouldn't hate you for picking PS3.
    And you would hate me for something else? What might that be?
    edited August 2007
    IbanezBassist_v2;33325 said:
    And you would hate me for something else? What might that be?
    I would disown you if you get a ps3 :p
    edited August 2007
    Let the disowning begin! Seriously though, I still don't know which one to get. Agh! I can't decide.
    edited August 2007
    If youre getting a next-gen console primarily for Rock Band, get a 360. If not for anything else, just base it on the fact A LOT more people will be playing this on 360 than on the ps3
    edited August 2007
    There really are not many more exclusives so pretty much whatever game comes out for the PS3 will come out for the 360... and I think most games are better on the 360....
    edited August 2007
    And is this a personal opinion or can you give me reasons why this is fact.....
    edited August 2007
    Well I mean if you go to gamespot or anything all the reviews of the PS3 games that are on the 360 are lower and of the exclusives that are still around the 360 games are more impressive... so far anyways... and I like the internet for the 360 much better as do many people
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, but forget about what Gamestop, Gamespot, IGN, etc have to say. What do you have to contribute to the Xbox mania?
    edited August 2007
    ummmm... the console is not as heavy? There are more players on X Box live than the PS3... Halo 3???
    edited August 2007
    I don't care about weight, not a fan of Halo, not too worried about online play. Anything else that might convince me?
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't let people sway you.

You just have to look at the pro's and con's of each system. Each one has strengths and weaknesses compared to the other and you really can't go wrong with either system unless you are one of the few whose 360 breaks over, and over, and over again.

I did some research and chose a PS3 (mostly for blu-ray and free internet capabilities) others will choose a 360 (superior online interface and larger library of games at the moment)

To each his own, and the most important thing is that you have fun and (presuming that you buy this game) rock out.
    edited August 2007
    Ya I agree... I don't really now what else to say.... for me it all comes down to the games and the 360 just has better ones and costs less... and as far as the red lights go I believe they are fixing the hardrive