Guitar Hero 80s questions for HMX that may or may not be answered...

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
1. That missing red note on Wrathchild (Expert)...how did your play-testers miss it? (Or was it intentional? If so, why?)

2. Why was the first solo in Bang Your Head removed?

3. What happened to Bow Wow Wow?

4. Why use the version of I Wanna Rock that was unfamiliar to most people? Was the original master unusable for the game or something?

I've heard rumors on all these, but never heard anything straight from the source. If you can't answer any one in particular, I'll understand.

My curiosity is killing me though!

Comments

• TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Yeah what happened to Bow Wow Wow's Song am curious about that
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I'm more confused about the Bang Your Head solo. I remember getting to that part and just thinking, WTF?

Kinda dull at that part of the song. Then again, almost all of the covers are a lil off here and there anyway.

I guess I Wanna Rock was re-recorded by Twisted Sister, and that still sucked lol
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    That part in wrathchild almost always gets me. I could never understand why that one note was missing.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Bang Your Head is in the 80's version?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! WTF...

Feeling a bit foolish for selling the ps2 now.... :(
    Here's to hoping for 360 DLC.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    mobhit101;33160 said:
    Bang Your Head is in the 80's version?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! WTF...

Feeling a bit foolish for selling the ps2 now.... :(
    Here's to hoping for 360 DLC.
    Unfortunately, 80's was an Activision product. They're the sole reason there was a lack of DLC for GH2 on the 360. I hate to say it, but it's either never going to happen, or it will take forever to get just 5 songs from 80's onto the 360, sorry!

But yea, that's a hell of a song to just rock out to of course. Even with it's simplicity. That, and Balls to the Wall.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Where the hell was my I Want Candy?

I was hoping it'd be left in the code like Graveyard Shift and Tripolette.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    ThePaska;33133 said:
    That part in wrathchild almost always gets me. I could never understand why that one note was missing.
    QFT, there are a couple songs like that in the series.. Jessica has a note or two somewhere that just seem a little off, but wrathchild was weird.
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Bow Wow Wow was taken off awhile ago.

And I'm quite sure Activision didn't release the 80's edition.. Sure, they GH handle was given off to them but 80's was the last game of the series done by the original developers
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Did HMX have anything to do with the 80's edition? If it was just activison doing it, i would say it was their lack of experienced developers in doing a guitar hero game.
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;33289 said:
    Did HMX have anything to do with the 80's edition? If it was just activison doing it, i would say it was their lack of experienced developers in doing a guitar hero game.
    It was the last Harmonix developed Guitar Hero.

GHIII is Neversoft and GHII DLC is RedOctane.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Activision was the publisher, HMX was the developer. GHIII will be the first GH title not done by HMX.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Just added in a fourth question that I forgot to put originally...
  • GARahnGARahn Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Magnet;33035 said:
    1. That missing red note on Wrathchild (Expert)...how did your play-testers miss it? (Or was it intentional? If so, why?)

2. Why was the first solo in Bang Your Head removed?

3. What happened to Bow Wow Wow?

4. Why use the version of I Wanna Rock that was unfamiliar to most people? Was the original master unusable for the game or something?

I've heard rumors on all these, but never heard anything straight from the source. If you can't answer any one in particular, I'll understand.

My curiosity is killing me though!
    1. I'm thinking that they might've either forgotten the red note, or took it out to keep us on our toes.

2. Not really sure, but it's *** that they did.

3. Does it really bother you that I Want Candy was removed?

4. I remember reading on some website (can't remember) saying that Twisted Sister re-recorded I Wanna Rock so that they could put in another solo.

Hope that helps. :D
  • edited August 2007
    What missing red note?

Mind telling me between what seconds it is in?
  • edited August 2007
    GARahn;35146 said:

Because it was replaced with "Because, it's Midnite," a song not even made in the eighties and too hard for its place on the track list. It was also supposed to be a bonus track in the original game.
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    GARahn;35146 said:
    Not really. I just want to know what happened with it.
    GARahn;35146 said:
    Hope that helps. :D
    Well, I'm hoping for answers from someone who knows the answers at HMX. But thanks anyway.
    SoraRikuVGM;35251 said:
    What missing red note?

Mind telling me between what seconds it is in?
    That embedded video is counting backward for me, so it's between 1:25 and 1:23. You can see the pattern going in that section of GRG, GRG... and then in one little spot it goes: G_G, GRG. You can hear the guitar playing still during the missing red note.
    edited August 2007
    Holy gelato! I see it.