Real Bass Pedal Replacement: For SALE!

MrBrownstain420MrBrownstain420 Opening Act
edited February 2008 in Rock Band
Now for sale is the Destroyer rock band pedal replacement. The site is up and running and I am ready to take orders. The website address is....

www.Rockbandpedal.net

Notice it is a .net, if you have any questions pm me.

And the Site doesn't say price. It is 64.99 plus 8.99 shipping.

Comments

• vsTerminusvsTerminus Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Kurai;299467 said:
    Are you shipping into Canada?
    That's my first question.

Second, how far away is double bass, and will it work properly? (ie. Either pedal will still work if the other is currently pressed down)
  • UnknownSoldierUnknownSoldier Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Congrats on getting the website up and runnning and getting things ready to ship.

So, as it stands the pedal is going to run people about $74 US once all is said and done (incl. shipping). Was your price adjustment motivated by peoples responses on the original thread?

Has anything changed regarding the type of pedal used as discussed in the original thread? Can you give us the specs on the pedal if possible?

I've continued to be a supporter of your efforts to improve the Rock Band experience and have defended your right to charge a price that is both worth it for your and the consumer, but considering the cost (at almost half that of the SE Rock Band bundle and comparable to other pedal mod options)... I need to be relatively sure this is the best option for me before investing.

I look forward to being a potential costumer.
  • topperharleytopperharley Son of Statler and Waldorf
    edited February 2008
    Very nice!

But why are you wearing socks in your video? You should be wearing steel toed army boots and stomping the crap out of that thing to show how durable it is compared to the plastic pedal that comes with the game. :)

Once I complete guitar on hard (assuming I do - **** you Enter Sandman :mad:) and switch back to drums, I will definitely consider this.
  • MrBrownstain420MrBrownstain420 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Features for the pedal:

Rubber Stopper - gives it a great bit of bounce without having to use the pad. It is mounted below the front end of the pedal. This piece took me 3 days to figure out.

Horridly strong construction - I threw a non-constructed one across my parking lot, it still worked.

Not a piece of crap - Everything is screwed into the pedal (stopper, and sensors), I had to go out and buy a drill press for this.

Shoot me an email with questions.

The price went up b/c paypal takes about 3 bux out of every transaction, Express shipping killed me on the first few, and 8.99 for shipping is painfully cheap (on east coast its cheaper, but west cost is f'n expensive!)
  • KillingJokeKillingJoke Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Hi,
    can you ship this beauty to Germany?

Greets Martin
  • tsl141tsl141 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Can you post some nice quality pictures of it giving a full view? I am very interested in getting one, but what is holding me back is actually being able to see the thing clearly.
    edited February 2008
    I'm getting a decent video and some pictures up tonight. This was just temoroary until I get everything sorted out. Sorry about the slow response. I'm done with class for the day now.

International shipping will be up tonight. Probably 30ish for shipping, b/c it weighs 5lbs.

1st set is shipping wednesday, and with luck tomorrow.
  • KuraiKurai Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Ouch for shipping, I'll wait and see when you've finalized the price with international shipping.
  • SskitzzoSskitzzo Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    hey, I just pmmed you over at Scorehero with my adress, if you were still gonna send me out one in the first shipment.

I already got a few videos in mind that I specifically want to do with this pedal if it works good :)
  • TronageTronage Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Keep us posted on the status of the double bass option (along with the infamous "keeping one peddle pressed and still using the other one" issue). Watching the vid, looks quite sick!
  • VenturaVentura Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    MrBrownstain420;300093 said:
    International shipping will be up tonight. Probably 30ish for shipping, b/c it weighs 5lbs.
    I'll be buying one as soon as you've got international shipping ready to go :)
  • FrederfFrederf Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Haha, this is why drummers shouldn't be: mechanical engineers, advertising copy writers, video demonstrators, or video editors. But seriously this looks like a good option for folks that want pretty much the best pedal solution for rock band without having to scrounge for parts and scour eBay and fabricate and all that.
  • holygroundholyground Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I purchased it now. Do you have an ETA on shipping time? Not that I'm impatient. The only reason I'm posting it is because I wanted to be visible support for you.
  • BigZ7337BigZ7337 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I would think about this if it wasn't so expensive, especially since I have more of a problem with the drum pads. It would be nice to know how much of a profit you would be making. I would consider it if I knew that this price was reasonable for the product.
  • KishkumenKishkumen Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I am also interested in the progression towards the possible double kick pedal option. Please let me know if that is something you are still looking into. Thanks!
  • Project_MercyProject_Mercy Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    It's a pretty reasonable price. The cheapest pedal you'll find out there new (not used) is $35-40 on its own (example: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pulse-Pro-Single-Kick-Pedal-?sku=444565 ) and they usually suck pretty hard. Now, ordering that sensor is $2 plus $5 shipping, so that's another $7. Plus you have to find a way to rig the beater to hit something else, which is a PIA unless you want to pay the $40-50 for a bass practice pad.

It'd be nice if you showed a better/clearer video of what the beater's hitting.

My only gripe on his design would be the fact that you can't adjust when it triggers, but in the grand scheme of things that's not too horrific.

I wish him luck.
  • deadlybulbdeadlybulb Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Just bought one!!!!

I've been eagerly awaiting this. :cool::cool::cool:
    edited February 2008
    The pedal costs 35-40, contacts about 8 shipped, wire 5, stopper 2 (plus screws and stuff)... by the time its said and done with gas you have easily 50, if not 60 into the project. I also drilled the holes into the pedal to mount... forget about spending the money on a drill press and cobalt bits.
    edited February 2008
    Frederf;300155 said:
    Haha, this is why drummers shouldn't be: mechanical engineers, advertising copy writers, video demonstrators, or video editors. But seriously this looks like a good option for folks that want pretty much the best pedal solution for rock band without having to scrounge for parts and scour eBay and fabricate and all that.
    Why shouldn't drummers be video editors? I got into video editing before I got into drumming, actually, and that's what I want to do as a job in life, not drumming.
  • FrederfFrederf Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Your video is edited fine, my bad. However your cameraman needs to be shot.
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, that was my roomate. We did it in like 10 minutes last week... he's a little stooooopid.... new site up as well. www.destroyerpedals.com or rockbandpedal.net
  • KuraiKurai Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Well, I made the order, I'm certainly looking forward to using it. What's the expected time frame for shipping to canada?
    edited February 2008
    Frederf;300740 said:
    Your video is edited fine, my bad. However your cameraman needs to be shot.
    Uh... i'm really confused now.

in almost all my videos the cameras are static with multiple angles: perhaps you're talking about brownstain's videos?
  • Project_MercyProject_Mercy Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Sskitzzo;300984 said:
    Uh... i'm really confused now.
    He wasn't refering to you in any way, he was talking about the video on the OP's web site. Which is kinda crappy, but it's better than just a plain webpage. At least I get to see he has clean socks. My mom would give him a thumbs up.
    edited February 2008
    Kurai;300931 said:
    Well, I made the order, I'm certainly looking forward to using it.
    I'm in too, and mine'll be going to Australia. Can't wait to give this baby a go :)
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, going to Australia is going to take alot of time. It'll get there, don't worry. Surprised SO many people bought this outright without any other reviews. I've been testing the new stopper. It is as quiet as could be, as well as giving it a decent bit of bounce. I'm gonna fool with the set and am going to see if there is anyway to use the beater. I haven't done much new stuff as far as that is concerned, as soon as the first wave of pedals is through, I'll keep you all updated.

I know my video is crap. How do you all like the new site though, my brother spent all night on it.
    edited February 2008
    MrBrownstain420;301048 said:
    Yeah, going to Australia is going to take alot of time. It'll get there, don't worry.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about that. Generally I find things arrive in about a week after having been posted, which is really quite amazing considering how far they have to go.

The site layout's pretty nice too, beats most of the others where they just crammed everything into the one page. I'll be willing to bet once the reviews page fills up with positives, a lot of enthusiastic drummers who may at first have criticised the notion of spending this much on a pedal change their mind and end up ordering one.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    That pedal looks more flimsy than the stock pedal.........
  • tsl141tsl141 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    I'm thinking about buying one, and selling my original on eBay. Do you have any left? What kind of shipping are you using?
    edited February 2008
    I am making as the orders come in. I also got the new site up. www.destroyerpedals.com

I'll use UPS or USPS... whatever winds up cheaper (Usps most likely for west coast.)
This discussion has been closed.