The DLC Tomorrow Good Or Bad? Now Multiple Choice!)

StewieStewie Stewie Star
edited February 2008 in Rock Band
Okay I think the new DLC announced for tomorrow isn't bad however I don't think It's the best released yet. I might buy Roam. What DLC do you think you'll buy?

Comments

• GuitoorbenchiGuitoorbenchi Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Pretty good week, althought IMO, last week's was better.
  • LockePush-UpsLockePush-Ups Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Roam. Fun song, and I'm hoping that enough people will buy that they'll eventually give us Love Shack and Rock Lobster.

I like both of the other bands, bvut not those songs. Plus, I know that they will give us more (and better) from both of them eventually.
  • Rook_x51Rook_x51 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    IMO, the only decent one is roam. But I'll be buying all 3. It's tough when you have so many people over for RB parties, because you never know what someone will like!

So I'm sure there's someone in this world that enjoys "We care a lot" despite it being the worst song FNM ever did. And who am I to judge them when I'm sure they would question some of my favorite songs.
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    All three will be added to my collection although I hope this is the last non-Mike Patton FNM song we see. The lyrics in We Care A Lot are funny as hell.

Dr Love has a great drum part with tons of shuffles and it is a classic.

Roam I did not see coming, but am happy it is here. RB needs more female singer songs and alt-rock is rock.

Great choices HMX. Ignore the nay-sayers.
  • knick9mmknick9mm Opening Act
    edited February 2008
  • dmxkorndmxkorn Banned
    edited February 2008
    wow what did they pay for the rights to these 5cents a piece they should pay me 1.99 to download this crap this is the worse batch hmx has offered yet and i didn't think they could do any worse than last week it just keeps getting worse not even one 90s song this week wake up people were getting screwed left and right by hmx
  • LockePush-UpsLockePush-Ups Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Punctuation is your friend.
  • not4younot4you Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    dmxkorn;299598 said:
    wow what did they pay for the rights to these 5cents a piece they should pay me 1.99 to download this crap this is the worse batch hmx has offered yet and i didn't think they could do any worse than last week it just keeps getting worse not even one 90s song this week wake up people were getting screwed left and right by hmx
    How is HMX screwing us? They don't force you to buy DLC. If you don't like, don't buy.

Be patient, you'll see some songs you like in the future.
  • ParodygmParodygm Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    I'm pretty happy. I'll definitely be getting "Roam" and "We Care a Lot" (which should be fun as hell to sing). I may or may not get "Calling Dr. Love"... I've never been a huge Kiss fan.
  • JIrish780JIrish780 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I'm definately getting Roam. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's definately enjoyable, and if people want more songs with female vocalists, they need to put their money where their mouths are when good ones (like this one) come out.

The other two I'm on the fence on and waiting for note charts to hit YouTube.
  • StewieStewie Stewie Star
    edited February 2008
    I might get Roam however I might pass this week.
  • lemmyklemmyk Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    dmxkorn;299598 said:
    Even if they did pay .05 for the rights, they have every right to pay the salaries of the good folks at Harmonix, and keep them out of the dark by paying the light bills. Maybe even sqeeze a bit of a profit to keep the heaters on, and Good Lord - how about that water bill.

I ain't lying when I tell ya kid, you're an idiot.
  • TyrsisTyrsis Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    dmxkorn;299598 said:
    If you want your bull$h!t comments to be taken seriously, might want to capitalize some words and add some punctuation to that.

And like someone else said, ignore the naysayers HMX, it's nice to see different sub-genres of Rock.
  • AxlVanHagarAxlVanHagar Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Originally I was only going to buy Dr. Love and We Care A Lot however after YouTubing Roam I was quickly reminded that I do in fact like that song as well! :D All three for me this week! Thx HMX.
  • CheezeeatrCheezeeatr Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Dr. Love is a decent song, probally the nly one i'll be picking up this week
  • GlassPrisonerGlassPrisoner Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Roam it is... hopefully Love Shack is coming.
  • MickerMicker Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Guitoorbenchi;299564 said:
    Pretty good week, althought IMO, last week's was better.
    Pretty good week?? Faith No More???? Has anyone even heard that song before?? Roam?? Come on this is ROCK band, not pop band. The Kiss song is good, but there are better Kiss songs. VERY BAD week, probably the worst.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    dmxkorn;299598 said:
    we're not getting screwed, we're just not getting the quality of tunes i think alot of us were expecting. however, it is frustrating when they make an announcement of rather lackluster songs like this week's because you don't know what u can look forward to for next week. i would be more than happy not downloading anything from the current week if i knew something really awesome was coming down the road. i personally feel they're not announcing the dlc in advance because most of it is NOT the top notch stuff we all want, so by releasing it the way they are, people buy some songs they might not normally get because they dont know whats in store down the road.

i hope hmx proves me wrong...
  • MickerMicker Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Tyrsis;299623 said:
    If you want your bull$h!t comments to be taken seriously, might want to capitalize some words and add some punctuation to that.

And like someone else said, ignore the naysayers HMX, it's nice to see different sub-genres of Rock.
    Sub-genres of rock?? Roam is now a sub-genre of rock?? That is about as bubble gum pop song as you can get. The Faith no more song is just awful. At least they got one good one with KISS.

Come on. lets have some ROCK songs that we can ROCK to. My wife laughed when she heard Roam was one of the songs, she thought I was kidding......
  • Highlandlassie1Highlandlassie1 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    When you create these polls, you need to make them so you can pick more than one song. That being said, I will buy Dr. Love and Roam, but will need to hear the FNM song then make my decision.

I did vote all three, because ther was no option to pick 2 of 3.

Kinda luke warm offering, I was hoping for a superbowl pack featuring Tom Petty.
    Oh well.
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    ill probably only get Dr. Love. I was expecting better for this week
  • AgainstOneAgainstOne Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    dude, your poll doesn't take into account people who want 2 of the songs (any combination).

oh and Calling Dr. Love only for me this week.

side note: i will never in my life ever buy anything from the b-52s in any way shape or form. they're like the worst band in the history of ever.
  • zaggg2zaggg2 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    yeah... not my week I guess. I won't be downloading anything. all the power to the people who do like what was released... I'm just not one of you.

a lot of my tastes seem to be in the minority here though....
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Micker;299655 said:
    Pretty good week?? Faith No More???? Has anyone even heard that song before?? Roam?? Come on this is ROCK band, not pop band. The Kiss song is good, but there are better Kiss songs. VERY BAD week, probably the worst.
    Has anyone heard of We Care A Lot? Yes, the demographic that has jobs and actually buys DLC has heard of it. Those who must ask their parents for the money to get some DLC probably has not. OK, that was mean and I am sorry, but there are people in their 30's who also play Rockband and do not care about the newer stuff just like you don't care about the older stuff.

B-52's are not a pop band. I have never been a fan of theirs, but they are no more pop than Red Hot Chilli Peppers are pop. They are an alt-rock band that became popular.

Better Kiss songs than Calling Doctor Love? Yes, but not many. Cold Gin would be great. Strutter would be great. I Love It Loud would be orgasmic. Christine Sixteen would be great, but Calling Doctor Love IS THE Gene Simmons Classic.

If anyone wants to complain, how about complaining about a lack of a 3 song bundle! I would like the option of buying all three at once.
  • lemmyklemmyk Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    FatWilma;299657 said:
    we're not getting screwed, we're just not getting the quality of tunes i think alot of us were expecting. however, it is frustrating when they make an announcement of rather lackluster songs like this week's because you don't know what u can look forward to for next week. i would be more than happy not downloading anything from the current week if i knew something really awesome was coming down the road. i personally feel they're not announcing the dlc in advance because most of it is NOT the top notch stuff we all want, so by releasing it the way they are, people buy some songs they might not normally get because they dont know whats in store down the road.

i hope hmx proves me wrong...
    I think they don't make blanket announcements of the next X DLC's because they may not be sure themselves until only a few days before release. They have all the legal and technical ****e to deal with, they may be working on 10-15 songs very actively to release, and they only decide which will go a day or two before (with the exception of last weeks pre-annouced list (Working Man, Siva, etc...).

But that wouldn't explain the March leak (not sure if that's a "wish list", fake or real. We will see...
    edited February 2008
    Okay in the last thread I forgot to make it multiple choice. Now you can vote for more than one song. Which songs will you buy tomorrow. I might get Roam but that's it. I may pass this week.
  • GlassPrisonerGlassPrisoner Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    New poll, same response: Roam.
    edited February 2008
    I was hoping a Tom Petty pack would be released tomorrow after I watched him preform last night. Was anyone else?
  • spacemonkey420spacemonkey420 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Roam
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LMwDZC0ovNg

We Care A Lot
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VDwiTxXzFsA

Calling Dr. Love
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=M9Y1mFTNU2c

enjoy...

EDIT:I made this a seperate thread so that people could access it easily...
    thanks for being Bono's and buring it here.
  • bullyboy35bullyboy35 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Tom Petty? Heck ya....I thought it would of been pretty cool if it would have been a Petty pack after his performance last night....He was fantastic!

As for this weeks DLC, I will buy B-52's and Kiss but not Faith no More(I'm not a big fan and hate playing Epic) so I will pass on that one.

Actually for this week I thought they might supreise us and give us 3 individual songs and a 3 pack also, but as everyone can now see I was wrong on guessing that's what they would do.

I know I'm ready for more than 3 songs in one week though, that way you have a little more to choose from if your not into one ore two of the 3 songs they are giving us.

Thats my 2 cents anyhow.....Happy Rockin!