Rock Blog Tuesday 08/07/07

edited August 2007 in Announcements
Tuesday. That is definitely today. I'd go into more detail but basically I sat in on a bunch of meetings so my brain is toast...or a bacon butty. Probably the latter.

Looking forward to PAX, it'll be the first time the game will be playable to the general public and I couldn't be more stoked.

Tonight is LoveBucket practice. We are trying to meet twice a week to play through the game. I'm a little exhausted right now, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. Truth is it is a good deal of fun playing through the game as a band. It makes you try harder.

Blogs!

Canfield gives a design talk.

Leo on the future of Harmonix...and the universe.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Today sucked. Plain and simple. Here's to everything exciting coming up in the next few weeks/months

*toasts hmxsean*
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Well have fun at PAX , Another Week Winds Down And We Get Closer To RockBand's Release.
  • edited August 2007
    Oh come on Sean tell us you have some new songs for us at the Penny Aracde Expo!
    edited August 2007
    PAX would be a good time to release a few tidbits.

It will get enough attention as it is considering its the first time the public can play it.

Hopefully vidoe cameras can get in, i want a few vids of different stuff.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;33434 said:
    PAX would be a good time to release a few tidbits.

It will get enough attention as it is considering its the first time the public can play it.

Hopefully vidoe cameras can get in, i want a few vids of different stuff.
    Psh, forget PAX, NOW is a good time to release a "Few" tidbits. And by a "few" I mean a TON. :D
    edited August 2007
    bah, i can wait. i know you're probably (somewhat) kidding, but in general people are very impatient on this forum
  • edited August 2007
    Eman311;33469 said:
    bah, i can wait. i know you're probably (somewhat) kidding, but in general people are very impatient on this forum
    Its hard to be patient when you are having dreams of rocking Led Zeppelin songs!:D
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    PAX is going to be cool, I wish I could go, I would kill to get a chance to play Rock Band. You guys are lucky getting to play through it twice a week. Hopefully we learn some new stuff from PAX ;)

Funny blogs today too.
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I'm less concerned now about now announcements about what's in the game as I am about the pricing of the game and its peripherals. And can we please get some official statements about the bundles and what's in them and why?
  • edited August 2007
    Well September/October is usually when we see the huge hands on for games, and Im sure Rock Band will be a big headliner. But I hope we get some tidbits soon. Were reaching almost a month of no Rock Band news.
  • edited August 2007
    sushi111;33472 said:
    Its hard to be patient when you are having dreams of rocking Led Zeppelin songs!:D
    That has summed up the last 2 years of my life...
  • dlisapussydlisapussy Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;33469 said:
    I can wait, too. I can only wait until PAX, though. There better be a TON of tidbits. I'm dying to know whats going on.
  • dlisapussydlisapussy Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Its hard to be patient when you are having dreams of rocking Led Zeppelin songs with your musically untalented friends (I've been able to rock Led Zep on my own).

^That has summed up the past 15 years of my life
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited August 2007
    They're saving Zeppelin for last. They learned from GH that when you're down to 4 songs and they end up sucking people aren't happy. With how they talked about it in the GI interview I think they got them. I'm hoping to get the new songs out of the way because they'll probably be the most dissapointing.
  • TerranovaTerranova Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Hey Sean is Harmonix and rock band going to be at Leipzig some news for us UK / European fans would be great seeing as we know nothing in regards to even if it's coming this year for us. ? :)
  • _Five__Five_ Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Terranova;33976 said:
    Hey Sean is Harmonix and rock band going to be at Leipzig some news for us UK / European fans would be great seeing as we know nothing in regards to even if it's coming this year for us. ? :)
    I tried looking up the exhibitors list of the Games Convention, the search didn't come up with anything. :-/

I'm also not too optimistic about the European release time frame.
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    When is PAX?
    Next week?!!
    edited August 2007
    mobhit101;34117 said:
    When is PAX?
    Next week?!!

August 24th-August 26th

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/
  • Young_NastymanYoung_Nastyman Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    dlisapussy;33651 said:
    Its hard to be patient when you are having dreams of rocking Led Zeppelin songs with your musically untalented friends (I've been able to rock Led Zep on my own).

^That has summed up the past 15 years of my life
    i second this
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    im getting really sick of the lack of announcements. Yh its been said a few times before, you said some bla bla dont give a damn. Im now more excited by bloody GH3 - all their songs sound immense and has surpassed the novelty of the drums. This is just annoying.

I want the full song list (you must know it by now). A snippet of DLC info. Concrete release day
    edited August 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;35111 said:
    im getting really sick of the lack of announcements. Yh its been said a few times before, you said some bla bla dont give a damn. Im now more excited by bloody GH3 - all their songs sound immense and has surpassed the novelty of the drums. This is just annoying.

I want the full song list (you must know it by now). A snippet of DLC info. Concrete release day
    All of these things will be announced in time. The game isn't being released for 3 more months most likely, relax, and be patient. We've gotten so much news over the past month, we really have a lot to look over and keep us busy until the next bit of news comes around. I mean new videos and interviews are found almost every day, I think that is more than enough for anyone.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah I have to be honest, this "where's the info" trend is getting a little old. We will release info regularly before launch and all of it will end up here. I am super stoked that people are excited about the game but the whole "we demand info now!" works neither to our benefit or yours. We have a schedule for this sort of thing and we give out info when it is ready to be let out in to the world for your perusal. By launch you will be provided with all the info needed to make an educated purchase.
    edited August 2007
    Sean just owned everyone.

Also why does everyone want to know everything now? It's better to get some info in small chunks at a time, gives time to think about it, as well as continuously keep Rock Band in current news.

It's called marketing, releasing a ton of info and then letting it be forgotten for 3 months is a very bad idea.
  • Prescott523Prescott523 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Spot on, Eman. You took my words from my mouth lol. Stop complaining, everyone. It'll happen when it's ready to happen.
    edited August 2007
    im sorry that in another game i know theres going to be over 70 songs, i know all the venues and over 32 songs in a game which is in direct competition with RB, but isnt even coming out until 2008! (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_3)

Yes, i know you have leipzig and all these other events, but with 3 months to go you'll know every song on there. But then again, the rumours are flying for a 2008 delay. If it is a delay fine - i see why the lack of info. But to have it so soon, letting your competitor draw me in, a competitor which you'll have a HEADSTART with, tell me more info is just stupid. I think there has to be a direct line between developers and fans, particularly with a game that is gonna be so popular, and obviously is by your incredible forum support.

You know, I wish the fans came first before the money. But hey, its capitalism, thats never gonna happen, so I'm just asking for a more direct form of info. Weekly perhaps, or in your blog, not more crap in it (no offence, I just read it to see if I can learn anything else bout the game rather than the "crazy" things HMX do... cough)
    edited August 2007
    The only people saying there is going to be a delay are on this forum. HMX has not hinted in any way whatsoever at there being a delay, and by all records seem to be right on schedule.

E3 was about a month ago, and we learned a ton of stuff then. Why the rush? Most likely if you're here you will buy the game, or are strongly considering it. Come mid to late october, if all retailer indications of a November release are true, then you'll have more than enough info to make a decision. Even if you're considering gh3, in a few months there should be enough info to make the decision.

And don't knock the blogs, they really help give an inside look at HMX and the people there, things aren't always about the game 24/7.
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;35271 said:
    And don't knock the blogs, they really help give an inside look at HMX and the people there, things aren't always about the game 24/7.
    "oh and we're like so CRAZY us HMX staff.. I don't like going to the cinema. Hot Fuzz is like someone went into my BRAIN! What? We're making a game? I better start work"

Dude HMX, love ya guys for ur last works, just a teeny weeny bit annoyed with ya this time. But im sure ull make it gd, eventually...

In the words of Miyamoto: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah now you are getting personal. If you don't want to read the blogs feel free. I feel like what we are doing humanizes the process a bit but to each his own.
  • lithiumkclithiumkc Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    gh2masterwellalmost;35287 said:
    "oh and we're like so CRAZY us HMX staff.. I don't like going to the cinema. Hot Fuzz is like someone went into my BRAIN! What? We're making a game? I better start work"

Dude HMX, love ya guys for ur last works, just a teeny weeny bit annoyed with ya this time. But im sure ull make it gd, eventually...

In the words of Miyamoto: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
    Jesus, you're speaking as if the company revolves around you. I highly doubt one kid [who thinks the Beatles suck, no less] that's having a hissy fit over lack of info three MONTHS before release is going to have much effect on them putting out info. Stop being such a brat. GH is releasing all their info because they're afraid of RB and people are already aware of the series. RB is not as well known. If they release a lot of info closer to the games release date, it gets the media swirling and people are aware of the game coming out a lot closer to the day, instead of hearing about it now/forgetting about it when theres nothing left to tell us about in 2 and a half months.

Seriously though, stop whining, you look like an absolute child with a bad attitude here.
  • joetaylorjoetaylor Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Guys, knock it off. I know hes getting personal, i dont agree with it. But this is usually a friendly place for people to be, and follow the basic principals of life, sex, drugs and rock and roll.

I make no secret, im also getting a tiny bit impatient. But lets agree to disagree on this please? Some can wait, others cant. Lets keep it like that.
This discussion has been closed.