Return of A Rock Blog

edited March 2008 in Announcements
Back on the horse again! I thought it was high time to start posting up Rock Blogs again (it has been a while). Truth be told, though, there still have been Rock Blogs in my absence from it. Mostly they are descriptions of each week's DLC, some history and some other awesomosity. There are also a few stories like the time J Mascis came to the office and played the game! You should head over there and read at your leisure. I should also note that Rock Band: Life is written by our very own published in-house rock anthropologist - Brett Milano.

Rock Band: Life

My blog this week can be found on my profile page. It is kind of a brain dump but what can I say? I'm rusty.

Prodigal Brain Dump

I also want to talk about two other things going on here. There have been a few users PM'ing others and starting threads trying to share account information (usernames and passwords). This is a bannable offense. Do not give your account info (username/passwords) to other people. You don't know them, or their motives, and very bad things can happen. Feel free to report to me any people who are pestering you for username/passwords.

Also, you may have noticed that the site has been a little sluggish and not always working for the past few days. Our web team has been tracking down the issues and will be implementing fixes to improve performance and fix bugs. So I guess what I am saying is - we are aware of the issues and we're on it and we hope to be back to acceptable speed soon. Thank you for your patience!

Anything else? Nope! We're good. I don't know if the Rock Blogs will be back to a daily thing any time soon but I am hoping to have it be pretty regular moving forward.

Thanks everybody!

Comments

• edited February 2008
    My name is Apples, and I approve of this thread.
  • espherespher Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    The End Is Bill Nye The Science Guy
  • slickpittslickpitt Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Our web team has been tracking down the issues and will be implementing fixes to improve performance and fix bugs.
    Translation: Adding more hamsters to the wheel rotation!
  • edited February 2008
    Apples;302157 said:
    My name is Apples, and I approve of this thread.
    Paid for by the Committee to Elect Apples.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    I'm glad to see an actual rock blog returning. Nice blogs, I'll be looking forward to these coming out more frequently!
  • PanocideXPanocideX Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Yes! I used to come here every day for the new Rock Blog, but then they went away. Then I came mostly on Mondays for the new songs. Its good to have something to look forward to!
  • The_1st_ForeverThe_1st_Forever Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    thanx sean, glad to see you're gonna keep us updated, whoo hoo
  • HendrixxHendrixx Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Oooh, also keep up the tradition whereby you tell us all the secrets of the masters! That stuff really intrigues me...
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited February 2008
    I think your Rock Blogs have the potential to be just as fun to read as they were in the months leading up to the game's launch. I'm glad you've decided to stop giving in to the Writer's Strike. :p Any idea if you'll be mixing new rock band news/announcements in with rock blogs in the future or still keeping them separated?
  • edited February 2008
    Magnet;302355 said:
    I think your Rock Blogs have the potential to be just as fun to read as they were in the months leading up to the game's launch. I'm glad you've decided to stop giving in to the Writer's Strike. :p Any idea if you'll be mixing new rock band news/announcements in with rock blogs in the future or still keeping them separated?
    I'll probably keep 'em separated so I can be informal in these sorts of posts and formal in the announcements. That and timing two things concurrently sucks.
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Cool, it's always cool to read these.

It's too bad the whole Grammy thing is exclusive to 360 owners and no PS3 owners..... :(. Ah well....

Tell the team another good week of DLC, looking forward to more coming soon.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Cool, now that it appears you are able to talk to us again, is someone able to find out why the latest C&C DLC was a cover?
  • Joliet JakeJoliet Jake Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    HMXSEAN,

Thanks for the timely info on the weekly DLC, and now this blog!

I have been waiting for the WHO album since I first heard about it, and now I am wondering, will it be DLC or will Harmonix release it as a disc? I am thinking the full albums would be pressed and sold as disc, similar to the OXM songs. That way you could even add enhanced stage content. Just wondering if that could be the plan. Either way, can't wait for the albums!
  • QuastorQuastor Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    hmxsean;302285 said:
    Paid for by the Committee to Elect Apples.
    People would actually spend their hard earned money to get Apples elected to something? They'd be better off just burning it... or giving it to me.
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Great to see these back!
  • SmidgetSmidget Rising Star
    edited February 2008
  • bierfahtbierfaht Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    "There are also a few stories like the time J Mascis came to the office and played the game! "

Sean,
    Does this foreshadow a Dinosaur Jr. appearance as DLC?

Out There would be an amazing song, as would Start Choppin or anything off of Green Mind...
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    w00t for rock blogs! YOU'RE BACK! yay
  • edited February 2008
    THE ROCK BLOG IS BACK!!!! *raises arms to the sky as a whole bunch of pyrotechnics explode around him*
  • AdamBomb629AdamBomb629 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Sean and Apples, please send me your username and passwords in a PM. I need to... um... post stuff? ?????????????
  • TeirdomeTeirdome Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I find it absolutely amazing that as a developer you have time for this, and all I can offer is my thanks!

Thanks for continuing to help make Rock Band the game I dream about at work while waiting for my code to be built!
  • edited February 2008
    bierfaht;304382 said:
    "There are also a few stories like the time J Mascis came to the office and played the game! "

Sean,
    Does this foreshadow a Dinosaur Jr. appearance as DLC?

Out There would be an amazing song, as would Start Choppin or anything off of Green Mind...
    I was thinking the same thing when I read it! God I hope so! Dinosaur Jr would be awesome to have in Rockband. I don't care what tracks they pick!
  • TimesNewRomanTimesNewRoman Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Oh wow, you have my good friend Louis (the drummer in that clip - worked with him at a haunted prison haha) on the Philadelphia one! I'll have to say that I saw him on the rockband thing the next time I see him.
  • army_of_mearmy_of_me Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Whoa... this post is the first time I've become of aware of the Blog posts that were on the main page regarding DLC (and the other "Latest News" feed).

Those are well-written and overall really awesome. I hope they're getting the readership they deserve.
  • Will-sanWill-san Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Yeah It took me forever to find them. Why on earth they are under the heading "Life" i do not know.
  • KingofQUEEN92KingofQUEEN92 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Hey! its all of my friends back from the old days! hey guys i miss those days before the forums got crowded! BTW this is KingofQUEEN48 i changed my account!
  • flatsinkiflatsinki Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    army_of_me;308836 said:
    Whoa... this post is the first time I've become of aware of the Blog posts that were on the main page regarding DLC (and the other "Latest News" feed).

Those are well-written and overall really awesome. I hope they're getting the readership they deserve.
    Same here... I had no idea it was even there. I also 100% agree that it is all kinds of awesome. I actually just got done reading all of what I could see posted there and find it all uniformly well written and entertaining/interesting.
    It's nice to get the historical context and heck even some pretty neat trivia of the song's we are getting for DLC.

Oh and YAY!! to the return of the Rock Blog(s)
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Speaking of the new blog entry for this week's DLC:
    Garbage—“Why Do You Love Me”
    This wasn’t the biggest hit single Garbage ever had, but it just might be the one most tailor-made for Rock Band: With its double-time drums and monster guitar riff, it finds these studio rats sounding like a live, sweaty band. As usual, this is topped off by singer Shirley Manson’s sultry vocal, which is equal parts come-hither and get-outta-here. This nifty single wrapped up Garbage’s career, coming ten years after “Queer” first raised eyebrows.
    Garbage may not be done yet, from Wikipedia:
    In a recent interview with Billboard.com, Butch Vig has stated that Garbage is considering mid-2008 to begin making a fifth album, saying, "We're thinking about it...I think we're more interested in making something that's much more primal and stripped down. Absolute Garbage is the postscript to chapter one. Whatever we do next will definitely be chapter two."
    PS: Love the blogs!
  • RokkstarRokkstar Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I like reading the blogs, keep them coming :)