Emergency Rooster (RB4's hard level crew) is full and looking forward to rocking out

ETA: We're full at the moment (10/10 spots) but AndyTheIndigoer will notify this thread if that changes

(Redundant crowing deleted) If you're on XB1 -- AND find that you (about half the time or more) score better on hard than you do on extreme fml expert... I've got a solution for it. I'm making it so that we'll have two neatly made up online bands to split into for live online play when it comes out (and possibly two extra guitar/bass folks). Join Crew #EmergencyRooster led by yours truly, a somewhat not un-arrogant vocalist who seems to score best in hard mode on half the songs. Reply here or contact me via XBox Live, gamertag (identical to my HMX forum user name). I do have a number of expert gold stars/crimson stars, but really at the end of the day -- if we have to all pick one level at once -- hard = moar scoar. #212 Xbox global for disc songs vocal, more specifically in my case. My music tastes (and lyrics and tunes I can remember) tend heavily towards early 2000s nu-metal, 1990s alternative, and 1980s New Wave, with several important post-2010 alternative rock/metal hits also at competence.

Lineup ETC because two dropped and a flood of people applied

Full Lineup - Italics are newest members
Vocals: AndyTheIndigoer -- AngeredMotives -- JaayRodStaar
Drums: LordFlatus -- Joseph5185 -- AngeredMotives -- AndyTheIndigoer
Guitar/Bass: Wildcat15 -- Liquidity1207 -- DJMako -- TattyBoJanglezz -- SchruteBux

Current members: You will see your membership on Rivals once everybody downloads/gets the game and I find all the right gamertags.

[tangent]
FAQ of randomness:

Q: I mock your collective lack of skill. Can't you pick higher ranking people?
A: Thanks, but Emergency Rooster is about having fun with good music. If you you're into furiously ranking your crewmates, then uh... more power to you! :smiley:

Q: May I pull the emergency rooster?
A: No, pulling the emergency rooster is strictly prohibited. Well okay, you can pull it in an actual emergency; that's what it's there for.

[arctangent]

Comments

• Is use of the "dislike" button on the forums considered being intolerant?

I like how you refer to expert as extreme. :) No, seriously. I actually like that.

This sounds like a rivals group for me. I play drums and bass on X and have plenty of gold stars in RB3 on the lower dot difficulties. I can hang on those two instruments up through 4 or 5 dots, but no so much on devil heads unless it's mis-tiered or is simply really fast without a lot of complicated stuff. On guitar I'm a solid hard player who can only do X on the low dot entries. I love to sing, but I'm terrible at it and stick to medium. I'll go up to X on rap, Ramones, and Blue Öyster Cult.

In any event, I'm not "Super Band" material so I'd hate to get on a crew that was disappointed in my performance.
  • Is use of the "dislike" button on the forums considered being intolerant?

Nah I just meant super-hating and stuff. Nothing on the forums has ever been that bad, but I've seen much more nasty on XBLive. I just had that line in case there was someone trying to troll my skills (or lack thereof).

I like how you refer to expert as extreme. :) No, seriously. I actually like that.

I think that was a Freudian typo... still thinking of TapTap Revenge and a few other games. XD

This sounds like a rivals group for me. I play drums and bass on X and have plenty of gold stars in RB3 on the lower dot difficulties. I can hang on those two instruments up through 4 or 5 dots, but no so much on devil heads unless it's mis-tiered or is simply really fast without a lot of complicated stuff. On guitar I'm a solid hard player who can only do X on the low dot entries. I love to sing, but I'm terrible at it and stick to medium. I'll go up to X on rap, Ramones, and Blue Öyster Cult. In any event, I'm not "Super Band" material so I'd hate to get on a crew that was disappointed in my performance.

You were the first one to ask (and the first to be okay with a vocalist who prefers the hard level). So basically you're hired. Probably for drummer first because so few people play drums. Or guitar if they are going to force all players to play at the same level (hope not). I'll add you as a friend on XBLive once I get to my console this evening. ^_^

• ETA @LordFlatus: I need more songs for DLC, being at a measly 200. (Payraise well spent is my defense). Suggestions for tracks (or bands) that you think we'd both like are welcome.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    It's Expert, not Extreme, and provided you aren't out of tune and hurting yourself in the long-run, you should be making more points on Expert than Hard.
  • ETA @LordFlatus: I need more songs for DLC, being at a measly 200. (Payraise well spent is my defense). Suggestions for tracks (or bands) that you think we'd both like are welcome.

You got some work to do!

I have about 1300 total songs on RB4. So at 200 for you, I'd recommend basically everything. :)
  • edited September 2016
    @TubaDude49 -- Well I'll be honest, it's about 50/50 as to which mode gives me the most points. The songs I'm better at obviously give me more points in Expert mode. The songs I'm not as good at -- well if I play expert and slip up one phrase in the middle, I've lost roughly 6000 in opportunity points there. As expert mode only gives you a 20% point increase per section, being short of awesome in expert on every fourth section (those that I'd otherwise nail on hard) will make hard mode a higher scoring choice. I'm not a top 10 vocalist on the Xbox boards but even playing 50% songs on hard, I'm up there. So I stick with what works basically.

And of course, I'm a n00b to the game (< 1 year of experience) and couldn't even have dreamed of doing gold stars 6 months ago (I have 15 GS tracks now... not that impressive but repertoire is growing).

@brookfieldworldorder -- I like the idea! ^_^ -- Or, more than words and cowbell/tambourine. Maybe "Extreme" mode really means playing drums whilst singing... XD

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    On Vox especially, it's better to fail on Expert than to pass on Hard. By increasing the leeway, you're letting yourself get used to being slightly out of tune, especially if you have freestyle on.
  • On Vox especially, it's better to fail on Expert than to pass on Hard. By increasing the leeway, you're letting yourself get used to being slightly out of tune, especially if you have freestyle on.

Actually that's a very good point. Strangely I'd never thought of it that way. It's like in sports, maybe -- Train high, race low. So with your methods, I'd practice with expert -- but initially in my crew attempts will stick to hard on my bad tracks, since those are for points.
  • I always play expert guitar even if I get owned at the sightread.

But whatever you do singing is better than me, I could only be worse by being mute!
  • Wildcat15 said:

I always play expert guitar even if I get owned at the sightread.

But whatever you do singing is better than me, I could only be worse by being mute!

So you're confirmed available for Emergency Rooster? :)
  • Wildcat15 said:

I always play expert guitar even if I get owned at the sightread.

So you're confirmed available for Emergency Rooster? :)
    Let me put you in the picture:
    -December 2016
    -Online mode
    -You sing like a boss
    -I play guitar or bass like a boss
    -We rule the vox/guitar leaderboard

So I would say yes! What DLC do you have the most'? I'm sitting at 899 songs, with around 3/4 of the metal songs in the game.
  • All righty pal... I'm improving my DLC let's just put it that way (@LordFlatus will confirm). About half my DLC is metal, though most is nu-metal because that was from my angsty college days in the early 2000s decade. My non-metal DLC is admittedly due to my equally angsty high school days in the late 90s and childhood upbringing in the New Wave 80s... heh.

While I can't claim to sing like a boss (well okay there are 215 bosses above me for disc songs, LOL)... I'll do my best!

Welcome, @WildCat15 -- to Emergency Rooster! ^_^

• Let me check the @wikipedia list...
    Yes, I have most of Slipknot and Disturbed songs, some KoЯn, Evanescence and SOAD. By angsty do you mean Metalcore and some Alt Rock? I have that too! I also have all the exports (except Lego :'( ). The only front I'm lacking is the modern pop, I'm not a fan. Adding you as soon as I can.
  • edited September 2016
    @Wildcat15 -- Basically I was putting out suggestions for which DLC I should download... LOL. Basically I'm with you on the not liking (most of) modern pop. Too bad there's no "find your best music fellow crew player match" function yet. :(

That said, I am able to tolerate most male singer modern pop. Tolerate being the key word. And no, Fall Out Boy doesn't always count as male (at least in terms of b pitch). XD
  • Are we forming a band or a Rivals Crew? I'm down for both/either.

I have a lot of a lot, all exports, all the new wave and classic rock, not too much growly stuff but a fair amount of nu-metal stuff.
  • Are we forming a band or a Rivals Crew? I'm down for both/either.

I have a lot of a lot, all exports, all the new wave and classic rock, not too much growly stuff but a fair amount of nu-metal stuff.

Good point as far as the band/crew question. The official call is for crew, so that's granted.

I'm thinking both band and crew personally if y'all are up for it, because we have so much music in common. As long as you're okay with playing in sync with non work hours in the time zone that spans New York to Indianapolis and includes Beantown (Don't tell LTHummus, I call it Beastern Time).
  • I get what you say about FOB, one of the few songs of RB4 I tried to sing was "My songs knows..." and those "I'm on fire!!!' were my doom.

Also, I have most of classic rock and all the growly metal available in RB4. Actually, just listened to the new album of HSB, Wanderer.
  • I used to jam with an eastern time zone crew until they switched their start time to 5 PM, which is 2 PM my time. That just didn't work out for me for Thursdays. :(
  • I'm a student, free almost all day. Just ask when I'm online in the game.
  • @Wildcat15 --- LOL!!! I totally know how "I'm on FIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHRRREEEE FML I JUST PASSED OUT" feels. That's why I'm not a fan of them on vox.

@LordFlatus -- Don't worry, I'm only gaming later in the evening at ET. 9-10PM (6-7PM on the not as beast but 'best' coast) is my prime time. I'm thankful (?) to be a bachelor at my age and have no wife/kids to deal with (yet).
  • Just compared stats... LOL that's two more digits in vocal score!
  • @Wildcat15 -- Glad the two more digits weren't from anybody's middle digits!! XD

(Sorry just reflecting on a joke I attempted to inflict upon Josh a couple of weeks ago.)
  • I am interested in joining for guitar/bass if there is still an opening. I play mostly expert and can nail almost everything on hard (except some devil tier songs).

I am mainly looking to have fun and while I always try my best, I am not super tryhard.

I have 770 songs which includes the RB1, 2, 3, Lego disc exports with the rest being DLC (about 400 I think?)

Looking at my current stats is a bit misleading as I have not been playing much due to being busy and also my guitar acting up (I ordered the new Rivals/Guitar bundle so hopefully wont be a problem) and you can only play solo so much. With multiplayer I'm sure I will start playing a lot more again. On RB3 I had prob prob 50-60 GS and 5 stars on almost everything.

I have lots of rock and metal, a bit of country, not much rap or modern pop.

I live on the west coast and work evenings 4 days a week. Otherwise evenings are usually free for me.

My GT is Liquidity1207 and if you are interested you can add me.

Thanks!

• I am interested in joining for guitar/bass if there is still an opening. I play mostly expert and can nail almost everything on hard (except some devil tier songs).

My GT is Liquidity1207 and if you are interested you can add me.

Thanks!

As always, first come (and first tolerate me) is first serve for each instrument. Your ability to F/C almost any hard track and the fact you're not afraid of expert puts you on the same skill level as (if not slightly above) me. Plus your DLC is a good match (I also have the RB3 export pack and some of my favorite songs are on it).

Sorry to hear about your guitar controller not working... Hope the Jag is more reliable.

I think as far as time, crew mode is asynchronous (somebody correct me if I'm wrong), so it doesn't matter what time of day you can make it on.

Online mode (coming December) is synchronous meaning that if we choose to stay together as an online group (hopefully we do), we can work around the evenings where you need to work.

Wilkommen im Nothahn! (original German)
    Erm... welcome to Emergency Rooster!
  • Thank you! I am like you in that there are lots of songs where I can get a higher score on hard (5 starring or FC them) than on expert where I might only get 3 or 4 stars.

I do like the fact that RB4 has variable breakneck speed. I usually play on 1.5x breakneck speed on expert but on lots of songs on hard difficulty I find that too slow so will increase it to 1.75x, which makes them a bit more challenging but still easier than expert at 1.5.

I am starting to go through all the songs I have not played yet. Rehearsing, if you will, haha!

I am looking forward to October!
  • This thread/crew got me to break out my drums and play some RB4 last night. I had been waiting on the PDP adapter so I can use my Ions, but it was still fun with the toy drums.
  • This thread/crew got me to break out my drums and play some RB4 last night. I had been waiting on the PDP adapter so I can use my Ions, but it was still fun with the toy drums.

Flattered to have been (or well, helped rekindle the fire) of your drum inspiration. ^_^ I have the toy drumkit (as it came with my BIAB) and it's okay.** For fun, note that my best scores on drums are FCs on medium, and that you might have fun taunting me with extreme prejudice. (I won't take it personally - I stink at drums and 'should probably stick to vocals.' [/taunt])

**Well the toy kit was 'okay' until a few months ago... the first time I played hard level on drums ("Zombie" by The Cranberries), when the snarepad ended up as well... same as the song title. After about six inches of patch wiring, a couple of wire ties, and 3 metal brackets later, I'm ready to play "Frankenstein" (if they have it as DLC).
  • Last night I played a bunch of songs. Played "Panama" by Van Halen on hard difficulty at 1.75x breakneck speed and got 79000 points with 97%. Redid it at 2.0x breakneck and got 99000 points and 99%. With the slightly faster scrollling speed the notes are spaced a tiny bit further apart and are easier to read. Experimenting last night it seems 2.0x breakneck on hard difficulty is the sweet spot for most songs 3 dots and higher on difficulty. I will continue experimenting on what hard/ expert difficulties/ breakneck speeds combos with various difficulty tier songs get the most points so I will have a good idea come October on how to maximize our scores.
  • That reminds me, I need to get to grinding on vocals (I'm required to do 30 minutes a day for vocal therapy anyways) and at least get 5* on all the hard disc songs.

@LordFlatus -- Thanks for the taunts. XD I'll make sure to taunt you back on vox if/when the opportunities arise. :wink:

Lastly -- Just realized that Alice In Chains has a song called "Rooster".... and it's in the DLC (just bought it). Well, there's another good place to grind (for me at least)...