Emergency Rooster (RB4's hard level crew) is full and looking forward to rocking out

Comments

• @AndyTheIndigoer they also have one named "Grind" by AIC if you need it xD
  • Wildcat15 said:

@AndyTheIndigoer they also have one named "Grind" by AIC if you need it xD

Given how dissatisfied I am with the vocal stem track of 'Rooster'... this is truly an emergency.

I saw that "Grind" has Freestyle Vocals, so hopefully it'll be a bit more competent....
  • Something interesting... Played Roam by B52's on hard at 2x breakneck speed I think I missed 1 note maybe 2 and got 84000ish points. Played it again on expert at 1.5x breakneck and got only 3000 more points BUT got gold stars, even though I missed notes and broke combo a bunch more times.
  • edited September 2016

Something interesting... Played Roam by B52's on hard at 2x breakneck speed I think I missed 1 note maybe 2 and got 84000ish points. Played it again on expert at 1.5x breakneck and got only 3000 more points BUT got gold stars, even though I missed notes and broke combo a bunch more times.

@Liquidity1207 --

Nice! (benefit of staying up way past when I should get my butt to bed) ---

As of... well.. now, I didn't know that "Roam" was on RB4. Just downloaded it and saw your epic high score on it! Grew up with songs like that, especially given that the B-52s lived in the same town are from a town I did when the song came out once lived in (Athens, Georgia), although they moved out 5 years before we moved in.

(Though, to be honest, I did live in Athens at the same time as REM lived there, as they were based in Athens as of 1985! Hmm, maybe that's how I have gold and crimson stars on "Losing My Religion" ... along with 400 other people...).

Clearly I have some shoes to fill and look forward to doing so. ^_^
  • :)
  • Gold stars seem easier to get in RB4. Am I imagining things? I was playing toy drums and still getting gold on songs without drum solos with plenty of mistakes, so it was surprising me when they would pop. I'm used to only super-long songs with double butt-loads of notes allowing more than a couple of errors.

And I did say "without solos" because I know they reformulated the solo bonus so that you don't have to 100% them to get gold.
  • You should definitely expand to 10. Playing helps regardless of skill/time/bandmates. Constraining yourself to 4 when online isn't until December is a needless handicap.

This reminds me, lets get UKOGmonkey in our crew before someone else does.
  • edited September 2016
    @LordFlatus -- Guess I feel you're playing the world's smallest violin because other than pushover songs like "Radioactive", I can't get gold stars on drums. ;-) But you're an expert drummer and it's your job to be epic as you are and have been. :)

@WildCat15 -- Feel free to invite UKOGmonkey. I don't know who is/is not competent on guitar/bass in general so I appreciate your additions.

@GNFfhqwhgads (or HMXDerek if that SN weren't already taken) -- Wait, are you saying that MOAR SCOAR is important over average score/star quality? Interesting how the score metrics shall work out....
  • @AndyTheIndigoer That guy? Oh, he is some dude that has more FCs in expert guitar than songs I have and passed Through the Fire and Flames in brutal mode.

Average, right?
  • Wildcat15 said:

@AndyTheIndigoer That guy? Oh, he is some dude that has more FCs in expert guitar than songs I have and passed Through the Fire and Flames in brutal mode.

Average, right?

IMO 110% Worthy to join us as long as he can tolerate the fact that the rest of us are 'only on the hard level.' :)
  • @LordFlatus -- Guess I feel you're playing the world's smallest violin because other than pushover songs like "Radioactive", I can't get gold stars on drums. ;-) But you're an expert drummer and it's your job to be epic as you are and have been. :)

I didn't mean to sound whiny, but I guess I did anyway. :) I'm always happy to get gold stars... even on Polly! I had a couple of songs where I was sure I had choked the GS away and was surprised when they popped.

And wait until I've worked my way through the 0 and 1 dot songs before you start calling me "epic". ;) Although if you have a drum score on GG&HT I might have one more epic performance in me... :D That song is more about endurance and breathing than True Skill(tm), but I love drumming it.
  • Wildcat15 said:

@AndyTheIndigoer That guy? Oh, he is some dude that has more FCs in expert guitar than songs I have and passed Through the Fire and Flames in brutal mode.

Average, right?

IMO 110% Worthy to join us as long as he can tolerate the fact that the rest of us are 'only on the hard level.' :)
    He's a superstar of GH-RB, I'm just kidding :D
    But I'm more an average expert. Average as hell. I stil have to try myself with Dystopia of this week. Anyone else getting this Ozzfest pack?
  • I'm thinking of getting it. It will be a pack I play on hard difficulty though as the songs all look devil tier. As for ease of getting gold stars my gut tells me its about the same as RB3 was... at least on guitar/bass.

Been working through all the devil tier songs I have on hard and been getting above 95% on them on hard... with the exception of Operation Ground and Pound by Dragonforce which gave me fits and I only got 81%... gonna try to improve that.

I've seen UKOGMonkey's vids on youtube and the guy is a machine!
  • I've also gotten the Dystopia pack just a few hours ago. Hopefully I can be competent at its vocals.

@Liquidity1207 you are 100% fully free to 'hire' this fella as our second guitar on my/our behalf!! As long as he's okay with the fact that sometimes we can only F/C in hard mode. ^_^

Once my übernerd dissertation proposal at grad school is done (4 weeks from now -- if I do pass), I'm 99% sure I can create a web portal for us to share intelligence on which tracks will make us win and which will make us engage in sheer, epic fail.
  • I'm gonna wager a guess that the Rivals Challenges are going to skew heavily towards whatever new songs are released each week.
  • Woohoo just got the rest of my DLC entitlements including the ACDC live pack and a buncha country songs. (Don't judge... some of them are just as challenging as metal songs). About 32 more songs total.
  • Woohoo just got the rest of my DLC entitlements including the ACDC live pack and a buncha country songs. (Don't judge... some of them are just as challenging as metal songs). About 32 more songs total.

Sin Wagon has a banjo harder to play than a lot of rock songs. So bad Dueling Banjos in GH didn't use a real banjo, just two guitars.
  • Yeah I can't play Sin Wagon on expert on guitar, lol. Expert bass is really fun though.
  • edited September 2016
    So on the soapbox here, arrogant vocalist boy just wants to know what your total epic favorite guitar/bass and drum songs are. Mainly since your vocalist needs better DLC and (while he respects the suggestion of @LordFlatus to 'download anything he can') would like to start with super fave DLC that he can practice/grind on.

To share some of my favorite vox tracks that a lot of drummers and guitarists also usually like...
    I have my ratings by each of them (H = Hard; X = Expert; B = Brutal; G = Gold; C = Crimson; FC = full combo). The first rating you see (if there are multiple) is the one resulting in the highest score (Hard is sometimes better than Expert; Expert better than Brutal; etc.). Some I'm not good at and just really like singing.

Andy's faves:
    * "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down - (G*X / 5*B)
    * "Pompeii" by Bastille - (5*H FC / 4*X)
    * "Viva La Resistance" by Hypernova - (RB3 import; G*X / ThrobbingSilveryRedStars*B) - Global top 20 yay
    * "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls - (G*X / 5*B)
    * "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles - (5*H FC / 4*X)
    * "Losing My Religion" by R.E.M. - (G*X / C*B)
    * "When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down - (G*X FC)
    * "It's The End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M. - (G*X / C*B)
    * "The Look" by Roxette - (5*X / 5*B)
    * "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by Spin Doctors - (5*H FC / 4*X / Survived*B)
    * "Light Up The Night" by The Protomen (yes, I'm a masochist) - (5*H / 4* X / Survived*B)
    * "Cold Clear Light" by Johnny Blazes (I told you I was a masochist!) - (5*H / 4*X / Survived*B)
    * "Once In A Lifetime" by the uh.. Talkie Heads (G*X / 5*B)
    * "I Miss The Misery" by Halestorm (5*H FC / 4*X)
    * "Shh..." by Some Band With A Very Long Name That I Forget (5*H / 4*X)
    * "Wrong Side of Heaven" by Five Finger Death Punch (5*H)
    * "Zombie" by The Cranberries (5*H)

ETA:
    * "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes (G*X)
    * "What I Like About You" by The Romantics (G*X)
    * "YYZ" by Rush Nevermind.

Note that I disclosed 90% of my G*X and 5*X songs on there, so basically the rest of the library I can only do 5* on Hard level. XD

Emergency Rooster
    Moar scoar through uh... advanced scientific and mathematical thought playing on the Hard level with 10 band members.

(BTW: Sorry about not being able to put up our online forum portal yet - doing double time at work. The web portal is still a feature that I 100% intend on installing for Emergency Rooster -- Will start working on it in late October. The joys of getting promoted from Research Assistant to Project Manager... with a whole $2k/year pay raise!)

• G means guitar, B is for bass:
    Mastodon - Colony of Birchmen (G) (RB2 export)
    Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf, War Pigs, NIB (G) (B)
    The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man (G) (RB2 export, I have done -1 runs in expert guitar)
    Ministry - LiesLiesLies, Thieves (G) (Gold in Thieves)
    Dio - Holy Diver (G) (I have even tried to sing it, a real favourite here. Can play IRL)
    Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name (G) (Gold star here)
    Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance (G) (Also gold star)
    Megadeth - My Last Words (B), Hangar 18 (G)
    Pat Benatar - Heartbreaker (G) (Gold star)
    Rush - Fly By Night (G) (B)
    At the Gates - Blinded by Fear (G) (B) (Crazy easy to sing, it's all talked)
    Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss (G) (Can play IRL)
    U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (G) (B)
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (G) (I'm #2 at the leaderboard)
    Zack Brown Band - The Wind (G)

You should change the title of the thread to let people know we need more hard and expert players here. Moar people=Moar notez, Moar notez=Moar score.
  • edited September 2016
    Oh, and remind that about UKOGmonkey? Watch him doing a FC in Panic Attack.
    In brutal mode.
  • edited September 2016
    @Wildcat15 - Title changed to get moar people. @LordFlatus will let me know if he's open to moar drummer cooperation, but I know you guitar/bass people want some more companionship. Will open up to other drummers if he's okay with it (and if Rivals allows it).

Will open up to other vox if it's allowed and I get over my own ego, lol. Vox folks are hard to please with song choices though, so that's my excuse for not inviting another loudmouthed invection oven (yet).

I also got to see UKOGmonkey's video... hardcore. I posted on YT and asked him to message me over XBL if he's interested. It'll be nice to have a super expert providing he's okay with the rest of the crew 'being unable to score 5 stars in expert mode' (yes that was supposed to be a taunt, hence quotes XD).

I'm also up there on Seven Nation Army... Going to ETA to the previous post that I have gold stars on vox.
  • edited September 2016

I also got to see UKOGmonkey's video... hardcore. I posted on YT and asked him to message me over XBL if he's interested. It'll be nice to have a super expert providing he's okay with the rest of the crew 'being unable to score 5 stars in expert mode' (yes that was supposed to be a taunt, hence quotes XD).

No way man, it's like a garage band asking Jimmy Page to join them xD

Edit: I'm not his friend, just a fan!
  • So as I said I have not played nearly all my songs on RB4 yet so I fired up my 360 and looked at my stats on RB3. I have 207 gold star and 468 5 star on guitar. I have 191 gold star and 212 5 star on bass. 36 guitar songs 100% gold starred and 67 bass songs. I do have a LOT of songs I have not played on bass (roughly 350 vs only about 15 on guitar).

As for songs that I like.... there are so many. Hard rock, classic rock and metal are my faves though. A short selection:

Motley Crue Dr Feelgood Album

Pearl Jam Ten Album

Rush:
    Red Barchetta 99% G*
    Tom Sawyer (Original ) 99% G*
    Limelight 99% G*
    YYZ 95% H guitar and bass

Coheed and Cambria:
    10 Speed (Of Gods Blood) 98% G*
    Welcome Home 98% G*

Iron Maiden: Wasted Years 99% H

Dream Theatre: On the Backs of Angels 99% H

Deep Purple: Highway Star 96% X

Boston: Foreplay/Long Time 97% G*

Megadeth: A Tout le Monde 98% X

Oh and just gonna throw this out there, Andy.... I have sung Clocks by Coldplay at 100% on expert and above 95% expert on all my Evanescence songs. I can also sing most of The Red Hot Chili Peppers songs very well. As long as I know the lyrics to the song I can do okay singing, but I CANT sing while trying read scrolling lyrics.

And Wilcat: you can gold star Hallowed be Thy Name and Screaming for Vengeance?! Bow to you, Sir. I can only do those on hard.
  • And Wildcat: you can gold star Hallowed be Thy Name and Screaming for Vengeance?! Bow to you, Sir. I can only do those on hard.

Looking at my stats in RB4 my best gold stars are those, Ace of Spades, Before I Forget, Highway Star, Won't Get Fooled Again and Rust In Peace...Polaris.

• Oh and just gonna throw this out there, Andy.... I have sung Clocks by Coldplay at 100% on expert and above 95% expert on all my Evanescence songs. I can also sing most of The Red Hot Chili Peppers songs very well. As long as I know the lyrics to the song I can do okay singing, but I CANT sing while trying read scrolling lyrics.

Dang... Seriously impressed here. My voice doesn't go that high (and can't comfortably go two octaves below). If role switching is allowed I'd love to let you get into the vox box and relegate myself to drums or something in case we have no choice but to play something by Evanescence... or Fall Out Boy. =)

I also have the lyrics issue, although given that I've bid my time on RB4 playing 60% vocals (the rest drums), I'm fairly competent at 'sight reading' vocals as they come... 'Fairly' as in I'd embarrass myself on a Twitch cast if hit with a brand new song. XD That's probably why I made the somewhat not un-arrogant statement that I prefer songs that I'm familiar with (or want to know what songs you guys like so I can download them and have some time to familiarize myself with the vox tracks and get my groove on).

Basically if the song is so good I just want to sing myself silly on it on my way to work (20 minutes each way, 5 times a week in the soundbooth known as my car), I think I won't fail that badly on it. ^_^ That's what happened with me and "Viva La Resistance" -- song I'd never heard of until getting RB3 and yet I have some sort of pathological domination over it on both games... lol.

Your two feet on the brake pedal-ling ideology / Is incompatible with road racing psychology...
  • Will open up to other drummers if he's okay with it (and if Rivals allows it).

Will open up to other vox if it's allowed

Alright, lemme super simplify this for the sake of this Crew.

Rivals is ten people dumping song plays into a pile. There's no arbitrary locks or slots past body count. You can do just you. You can do ten guitarists. You can have it be you carrying a tiny child who is just learning.
  • HMXOwl said:

Will open up to other drummers if he's okay with it (and if Rivals allows it).

Rivals is ten people dumping song plays into a pile. There's no arbitrary locks or slots past body count. You can do just you. You can do ten guitarists. You can have it be you carrying a tiny child who is just learning.
    For a second I thought you were blessing our crew by joining us.
  • Wildcat15 said:

HMXOwl said:

Please, I picked mine for skill.
  • HMXOwl said:

Wildcat15 said:

HMXOwl said:

Please, I picked mine for skill.
    Come on, I play Dragonforce like it's Nirvana and I'm on this crew.