SingSpace Announced for Gear VR: Harmonix's Newest Karaoke VR Title!

edited October 2016 in VR
SingSpace Announced for GearVR

If you were watching Oculus’ keynote livestream from their Oculus Connect 3 conference¬¬¬, you might have noticed that we announced a brand new game! If not, have we got an exciting announcement for you. SingSpace is the karaoke VR game you may not have even realized you needed until right this second.

Torn between hitting the karaoke bar and lounging at home in your pajamas? Now you don’t have to choose! Pull on the Gear VR with your compatible Samsung device and be transported to the karaoke bar at the end of the galaxy where you’ll be able to meet up with friends or make new friends for a night of shared revelry. With an emphasis on the social but also a solo experience for those shy singers, SingSpace will give you the chance to show off or sit back and listen.

SingSpace is coming to the Gear VR in Spring 2017. We’ll have more information in the coming months about game features and of course the music (we know, you’re eager to start practicing), so stay tuned to our official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

In the meantime, check out our announce trailer below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTL6py5UB_8

Comments

• LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I haven't been following the VR hype, so is Gear VR different from the Oculus device? Or is it the same thing renamed? TIA
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2016

I haven't been following the VR hype, so is Gear VR different from the Oculus device? Or is it the same thing renamed? TIA

Oculus Rift
    HTC Vive
    Playstation VR
    Samsung Gear VR

It's essentially a phone strapped to your head.
    And the HMX titles that go with each hardware solution are...
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited October 2016

And the HMX titles that go with each hardware solution are...

Harmonix Music VR - Playstation VR
    SingSpace - Samsung Gear VR
    Rock Band VR - Oculus Rift
    ??? - HTC Vibe
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Not at all interested in VR, so this doesn't really appeal to me.

Now I'm just wondering when Rock Band will get "I Will Survive," though :p

Harmonix Music VR - Playstation VR
    SingSpace - Samsung Gear VR
    Rock Band VR - Oculus Rift
    ??? - HTC Vibe

Thanks. SingSpace looks like the only one I am semi-equipped for. Does the Galaxy 5 do SamsungGear?

Actually, the only thing I would be down for would be the 99 cent cardboard google thing and I don't know if that counts for Samsung Gear apps.
  • The people in the video aren't wearing headphones. I assume the game is using the build in mic in the phone. Which has a very large piece of plastic between it and the user's mouth.

I'm confused. Does this actually work?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Harmonix is making me want to pull the trigger on VR even less by making all of their games exclusive to different headsets.

It's even worse that the best looking one to me is the Vive, the only one they currently won't support.

That all being said I like the concept of this, looking forward to seeing the track list
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Harmonix Music VR is surprisingly good, but needs more content added. Already got 100% on it. With only 4 areas to explore, it needs more.

I can understand them developing titles for other headsets, but surely that's just for exclusivity purposes right? There's a slim chance that they might be ported to work with the other headsets???

I would LOVE to get SingSpace for the PS4, especially with how SingStar's been snuffed out after 12 years. Please make it work with the PlayStation VR!
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Predicting I Will Survive for RB4 DLC sometime in 2017 then. Can't say I like that song but I'm happy as it's one of those classic songs which are getting seemingly rare occurrence as DLC.
  • Looks like I'll be able to play this SingSpace thing. Too bad I am such a freaking 'orrible vocalist...
  • edited December 2016
    If @Harmonix would hire me in any capacity to work on the Singspace VR, the three main strengths and passions of my life would come together!

Not to mention I am local, am a very long time player with a strong background in tech and music educationally and professionally, as well as an obsession with VR.

I've sent my resume before, feel like the universe wants me to figure this out! Honestly I'd start anywhere.

Moms who took time off for kids have a real hard time breaking back into tech especially.

Secret Self
    Karen

"I am not throwing away my shot… "
  • One of these days, when I can afford that headset. I'll do it.

Also, handy tip, Harmonix: Don't starve the game of content. Unless you want it to be a one hit wonder like a certain Fantasia game Music that Evolved we all know of.

Looks like I'll be able to play this SingSpace thing. Too bad I am such a freaking 'orrible vocalist...

Let me know how it goes before I blow anything on the headset. ;)

Lastly...

@SecretKaren - Never give up. They've hired a fan before, and who knows, maybe they will again. :)

The GearVR headset is already in the "never used" pile.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Predicting I Will Survive for RB4 DLC sometime in 2017 then. Can't say I like that song but I'm happy as it's one of those classic songs which are getting seemingly rare occurrence as DLC.

Coming this week as a cover, but we have a winner!

Tell him what he's won Johnny!