Rock Band VR Setlist (Oculus Rift)

Comments

• GLaDOS said:

silvioles said:

Where i read something about "I will Survive" in the setlist?
    Or it was just a dream?

Must be thinking of their other VR game (karaoke) that they just announced, right now that's the only song confirmed for it.

I'm a tad concerned this game is releasing this month and we still don't know more than a couple legacy tracks as far as the setlist goes.
    I suppose they're pushing the concept far more than the song choices though, so maybe I shouldn't be.
    Where was it said it was releasing this month? As far as I could guess it was releasing around christmas.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited October 2016

It will release the same time Oculus Touch does. Nothing has been said past that.

EDIT: Which would be December 6th. That may be a minimum date though, but I'm pretty sure they also said this year. So, 12/6-12/31.
    edited October 2016
    EDIT: Forums were all wonky and posted my edit as a separate post.
  • tdc002 said:

Looking forward to playing Gold On The Ceiling along with Welcome to the Jungle.

As long as this game's still in the demo phase, nothing is confirmed.

Where did you find GNR?
    Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Looking forward to playing Gold On The Ceiling along with Welcome to the Jungle.

Where did you find GNR?
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act

GLaDOS said:

silvioles said:

Or it was just a dream?

Must be thinking of their other VR game (karaoke) that they just announced, right now that's the only song confirmed for it.

I'm a tad concerned this game is releasing this month and we still don't know more than a couple legacy tracks as far as the setlist goes.
    I suppose they're pushing the concept far more than the song choices though, so maybe I shouldn't be.
    Where was it said it was releasing this month? As far as I could guess it was releasing around christmas.
    Oh my bad, I knew it was launching with Occulus Touch, pre-orders end on Oct 27 but I mistook that as a release date, it is in fact December

That makes me feel better. Now guarantee it'll work on a Vive and we'll be coming with gas (it more than likely won't, sadly).

Unrelated side note, I wonder if Harmonix Music VR will come to any other headsets or be PS exclusive. Kinda sucks that I'd have to buy three different headsets just to play the games from the company I like when the Vive is the only one I'm even interested in.
  • GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

silvioles said:

Or it was just a dream?

Oh my bad, I knew it was launching with Occulus Touch, pre-orders end on Oct 27 but I mistook that as a release date, it is in fact December

That makes me feel better. Now guarantee it'll work on a Vive and we'll be coming with gas (it more than likely won't, sadly).

Unrelated side note, I wonder if Harmonix Music VR will come to any other headsets or be PS exclusive. Kinda sucks that I'd have to buy three different headsets just to play the games from the company I like when the Vive is the only one I'm even interested in.
    Well, I'm pretty sure RBVR will be Oculus exclusive as Oculus funded the game if I recall correctly. Think of it like Bayonetta 2, Nintendo funded that game so Nintendo would be in charge of whether it comes to competitor platforms (which I'm pretty sure they won't). Sure it most likely won't be WiiU exclusive for much longer (NX apparently is still releasing in March) but it will be exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

As for HMX Music VR, depends on how it was funded.
  • BHchurchilBHchurchil Opening Act
    edited October 2016
    I'm sure this has been brought up, but I feel fairly confident that any song in RBVR that isn't DLC already will end up in RB4 within a few months of VR's release. We've been told multiple times throughout the years that the biggest obstacle in putting up previously export-exclusive songs as DLC is the cost of relicensing, and RBVR's setlist could serve as a cost-effective way of relicensing a "greatest hits" collection of past RB disc songs.

I can't imagine that it would be much more expensive to include a "RB4 Clause" in the licensing agreements (if they aren't already just being licensed for the RB platform in general), especially in the case of legacy tracks that are already mixed and wouldn't require any master recording submissions from the label.

It's not a guarantee by any means. There might be some weird legal language from Oculus (who funded the game) preventing HMX from using any part of that money to further other non-oculus projects. And I'm aware that there are royalty distribution differences between disc songs and DLC songs that could maybe complicate things. But at the very least, it shows that these songs (new and old) are able to be licensed for rhythm games. I was kinda worried that Bowie would be prohibitively expensive after his death.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?
    I was making a joke. Welcome to the Jungle was originally in demos for the first Rock Band. My point was, these songs are for demo purposes and could easily get cut, just like Welcome to the Jungle was.

I'm sure this has been brought up, but I feel fairly confident that any song in RBVR that isn't DLC already will end up in RB4 within a few months of VR's release. We've been told multiple times throughout the years that the biggest obstacle in putting up previously export-exclusive songs as DLC is the cost of relicensing, and RBVR's setlist could serve as a cost-effective way of relicensing a "greatest hits" collection of past RB disc songs.

I can't imagine that it would be much more expensive to include a "RB4 Clause" in the licensing agreements (if they aren't already just being licensed for the RB platform in general), especially in the case of legacy tracks that are already mixed and wouldn't require any master recording submissions from the label.

It's not a guarantee by any means. There might be some weird legal language from Oculus (who funded the game) preventing HMX from using any part of that money to further other non-oculus projects. And I'm aware that there are royalty distribution differences between disc songs and DLC songs that could maybe complicate things. But at the very least, it shows that these songs (new and old) are able to be licensed for rhythm games. I was kinda worried that Bowie would be prohibitively expensive after his death.

I could see them doing a Best of Rock Band/RBVR tie in pack.

I think it's interesting how "Through the Fire and Flames" is on here with Rock Band classics like Bowie, The Killers, and Bon Jovi (all from RB1). Back in the RB1 days (the same year Guitar Hero III featured TTFaF) they said they had no interest in including songs that were just difficult for difficulty's sake (which was why people were surprised when the song came years later). Then again, they also said (at least jokingly) we'd never get Nickleback DLC.
    @HMXOwl @HMXCrisis Welcome to the Jungle was just delayed, right? Like Where is My Mind?

GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

silvioles said:

Or it was just a dream?

Well, I'm pretty sure RBVR will be Oculus exclusive as Oculus funded the game if I recall correctly. Think of it like Bayonetta 2, Nintendo funded that game so Nintendo would be in charge of whether it comes to competitor platforms (which I'm pretty sure they won't). Sure it most likely won't be WiiU exclusive for much longer (NX apparently is still releasing in March) but it will be exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

Yeah I understand exclusivity based on funding, but originally Palmer said that it didn't help anyone to have exclusives and that it would hurt VR to divide people like this, but after selling to Facebook he backtracked. There is a mod that allows the Vive to play games from the Oculus store, but even with that I don't know if RBVR would be possible due to using the guitar and the touch and the holder.

As far as Harmonix Music Vr, that was originally announced as an app for Gear VR, so I don't know what happened to shift development there.
    GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

silvioles said:

Or it was just a dream?

Yeah I understand exclusivity based on funding, but originally Palmer said that it didn't help anyone to have exclusives and that it would hurt VR to divide people like this, but after selling to Facebook he backtracked. There is a mod that allows the Vive to play games from the Oculus store, but even with that I don't know if RBVR would be possible due to using the guitar and the touch and the holder.

As far as Harmonix Music Vr, that was originally announced as an app for Gear VR, so I don't know what happened to shift development there.
    I don't exactly trust Palmer.
    Neither do I, which is one of many reasons I want a Vive

But it's hard to justify a Vive when most of my gaming is RB related, and the RB product is with Occulus. I want to say I've seen them say before that they COULD release RBVR on other headsets even though it's Occulus funded, but I don't know where I saw that so I may have made it up from wishful thinking.
  • tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?
    I was making a joke. Welcome to the Jungle was originally in demos for the first Rock Band. My point was, these songs are for demo purposes and could easily get cut, just like Welcome to the Jungle was.
    Technically Welcome to the Jungle was just a song they used for the tech demo to "sell" the idea of RB to companies.

It was never meant to be seen publicly and was never licensed.

The public demoing of RBVR with those songs means they are licensed. Whether they end up on disc could change, but it is not the same as the WttJ situation.

tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?
    Technically Welcome to the Jungle was just a song they used for the tech demo to "sell" the idea of RB to companies.

The public demoing of RBVR with those songs means they are licensed. Whether they end up on disc could change, but it is not the same as the WttJ situation.
    They demoed Pink Floyd's Time to as large a public as GotC and RYLaH had.
  • tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?

I thought Time was demoed on the PSVR one, which uses your own music. They don't license songs for that afaict.

tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?

I thought Time was demoed on the PSVR one, which uses your own music. They don't license songs for that afaict.
    Yes, but the Time demo wasn't like that, it was before the game became a straight up visualizer. It had trippy melting clocks.
  • tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?

Yes, but the Time demo wasn't like that, it was before the game became a straight up visualizer. It had trippy melting clocks.
    It was ALWAYS just a visualizer. The PSVR game was announced as such.

They could use whatever imagery they want, unless it's something the band has copyrighted.

That said they could have licensed the song just for demo use.

But the point remains that the songs demoed on the RBVR game need to be licensed, and if they are demoing it publicly then they are using licensed songs.

tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?

They could use whatever imagery they want, unless it's something the band has copyrighted.

But the point remains that the songs demoed on the RBVR game need to be licensed, and if they are demoing it publicly then they are using licensed songs.
    It wasn't a reactive demo at that point, it was just a tech demo showing what they could do. Everything in it was clearly pre-arranged.
  • tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Where did you find GNR?

It wasn't a reactive demo at that point, it was just a tech demo showing what they could do. Everything in it was clearly pre-arranged.
    But it was always meant to be a visualizer. Just because they wanted to show the power and potential of it doesn't change that fact.
  • tdc002 said:

I think it's interesting how "Through the Fire and Flames" is on here with Rock Band classics like Bowie, The Killers, and Bon Jovi (all from RB1). Back in the RB1 days (the same year Guitar Hero III featured TTFaF) they said they had no interest in including songs that were just difficult for difficulty's sake (which was why people were surprised when the song came years later). Then again, they also said (at least jokingly) we'd never get Nickleback Justin Bieber DLC.
    Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

I think it's interesting how "Through the Fire and Flames" is on here with Rock Band classics like Bowie, The Killers, and Bon Jovi (all from RB1). Back in the RB1 days (the same year Guitar Hero III featured TTFaF) they said they had no interest in including songs that were just difficult for difficulty's sake (which was why people were surprised when the song came years later). Then again, they also said (at least jokingly) we'd never get Nickleback Justin Bieber DLC.
    Did they ever say we wouldn't get Justin Beiber DLC? Because they literally said in a presentation they wouldn't put Nickelback in Rock Band (again, as a joke)
  • tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Did they ever say we wouldn't get Justin Beiber DLC? Because they literally said in a presentation they wouldn't put Nickelback in Rock Band (again, as a joke)
    Bieber DLC was an April Fools joke one year.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Bieber DLC was an April Fools joke one year.
    I don't remember that
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited January 10
    Here's another article @Rockband just retweeted, again referencing Gold on the Ceiling. :)

http://uploadvr.com/rock-band-vr-lot-less-ces/
  • Here's another article @Rockband just retweeted again referencing Gold on the Ceiling. :)

Boy, that song really got around between GH: L and this game in the last two years ;)
  • I'm very curious to see if Hmx has any other songs by bands on the RB4 disc or released as early RB4 dlc on RBVR.

It would make sense since they received the funding around the time the RB4 song list would have been being nailed down.

Also could explain why we "didn't get" some songs.

Every band mentioned so far (except Bowie) with VR has a RB4 disc song, correct?
  • Here's another article @Rockband just retweeted again referencing Gold on the Ceiling. :)

Boy, that song really got around between GH: L and this game in the last two years ;)
    So that means, Gold on the Ceiling has been offically confirmed then, sweet!

If that's the case, then the rumors of Rock You Like A Hurricane is most likely true.

So that means, Gold on the Ceiling has been offically confirmed then, sweet!

If that's the case, then the rumors of Rock You Like A Hurricane is most likely true.
    It means...nothing, until the setlist is announced

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file