Rock Band VR Setlist (Oculus Rift)

Comments

• TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    GLaDOS said:

GLaDOS said:

LoopyChew said:

Welcome to the Jungle

Wait what is there an article
    Yes! I need to dig it up though, it was a while back. It may not amount to anything, they used Pink Floyd to demo HMX Music VR.
    Whoops, my bad. it looks like it was something @GNFHQWHADS posted.
    Who's that?
    Derek, HMXOwl, before he wiped his account for having all the things we shouldn't know (like the talks with Aaron)
    I think you're mistaken. There is no trace of a user ever using such a name around these parts.

Twas a joke ;)
    rbforums 2.6.17 gnffhqwhads unperson rectify
  • It'll come back when you can spell it correctly.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    From memory: GNFfhqwhgads

*looks up*

I SEE THROUGH THAT AVIAN DISGUISE
  • meck77meck77 Road Warrior
    Could be a dumb question but what is an oculus rift??
    thx in advance
  • @meck77 It's a VR headset like the Playstation VR but the Oculus Rift requires a very powerful PC to provide the VR experience.

@meck77 It's a VR headset like the Playstation VR but the Oculus Rift requires a very powerful PC to provide the VR experience.

thanks for the info. I'll have to see if my PC has enough. Would love to try this out
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    meck77 said:

@meck77 It's a VR headset like the Playstation VR but the Oculus Rift requires a very powerful PC to provide the VR experience.

thanks for the info. I'll have to see if my PC has enough. Would love to try this out
    These are the recommended specs:

Required Controllers: Oculus Touch, Rock Band 4 Guitar Controller.
    Recommended Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater.
    Recommended Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater.
    Recommended Memory: 8 GB.
    Compatible Guitar Controllers: PlayStation 4 guitar controller - Bluetooth, Xbox One guitar controller - Windows 10, Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows.

I actually just bought a PC for about $800 that more than matches the requirements. It's spendy... but not too spendy. :)
    thanks for that info. I just had mine completely rebuilt but not necessarily for gaming so I'm guessing it doesn't :( but I'm going to check with my buddy that re-built it just in case
  • edited February 9

meck77 said:

Compatible Guitar Controllers: PlayStation 4 guitar controller - Bluetooth, Xbox One guitar controller - Windows 10, Xbox One Wireless Adapter for Windows.

I actually just bought a PC for about $800 that more than matches the requirements. It's spendy... but not too spendy. :)
    That's for running the game, not using the hardware. If I recall, the Oculus itself needs things like a motherboard with USB 3.0 and stuff.
    HMXOwl said:

meck77 said:

That's for running the game, not using the hardware. If I recall, the Oculus itself needs things like a motherboard with USB 3.0 and stuff.
    Can we use the game with no hardware?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Yeah, listing the specs for an Occulus game as less than the minimum specs for the Occulus hardware is wrong.
    edited February 9
    Here are the FULL specs for what's recommended for the Rift ;) :

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 or better.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 or greater.
    RAM: 8GB or more.
    Video port: HDMI 1.3.
    USB port: 2 USB 3.0 ports.
    Windows 7 SP1 or newer.

And if we want to get even more technical you might also need these (not all of these are required, though most are highly recommended):

-Mouse
    -Keyboard
    -Tower for your motherboard, PSU, CPU, GPU, DVD-RW, Floppy Drive, Old Apple computer to go inside
    -Monitor/Modern age doohickey tv whatchamacallit that has one of those higher defining picture thingies
    -HDMI cable
    -A chair
    -A floor
    -Clothes (unless you're going Blink-182 style)
    -Some shoes
    -No shoes
    -Booze
    -A house and/or apartment (if you have both you will need two computers to play locally together: no matchmaking)
    -An Oculus Rift Headset (sold separately from house but not apartment)
    -Oculus Rift Sensor
    -Another Oculus Rift Sensor
    -An extra USB port to charge your phone
    -Maybe some food from all the energy you will be using rocking out
    -Eyes (as seen on TV)
    -Ears (What's that sonny?!?!)
    -Hands (not included with touch controllers)
    -Oh yeah!
    -Touch controllers
    -Rock Band 4 guitar
    -Rock Band VR digital download
    -Harddrive in computer to store Rock Band VR data
    -A brain in order to figure out how to put all of the above together in the proper way so that the rocketh mighteth commence
    -Eth

And if you really want to rock out in the "Danger Zone", I highly recommend a tailored, as portrayed on film, flight suit from the Academy Award Winning Picture, Top Gun. Aviators are part of the whole package. And yes, they fit perfectly inside the Oculus Rift headset. Just always remember to write checks that your body CAN cash.

Cause if your body can't, no body can't. -BS

We can't find the masters.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    So is common consensus that the full setlist will be revealed at PAX East? Considering it's less than two weeks before RBVR's release, anyone else think that's a tad close?
    There's a potential leak on Reddit right now. Don't know the validity because I would never touch the source.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Without naming any of the songs (because now that I know the source, could definitely be fake), I've gotta say WHOA. A TON of songs that I've been waiting to get in Rock Band for years.
  • There's a potential leak on Reddit right now. Don't know the validity because I would never touch the source.

>4chan
    >Babymetal in the soundtrack
    I call shenanigans
  • It could not be more fake.
  • HMXOwl said:

It could not be more fake.

It could have Muse.
  • Wildcat15 said:

HMXOwl said:

It could have Muse.
    Valid.
    Harmonix never leaks anything, anyways.
  • Wildcat15 said:

HMXOwl said:

It could have Muse.
    65 different versions of Muse's Hysteria :p
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    HMXOwl said:

It's like, how much more fake could this be? and the answer is none. None more fake.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    The latest article about RBVR mentions "Everlong" by Foo Fighters from Rock Band 2
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/rock-band-vr-freestyle,news-24556.html
    GLaDOS said:

The latest article about RBVR mentions "Everlong" by Foo Fighters from Rock Band 2
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/rock-band-vr-freestyle,news-24556.html

I was expecting Everlong to make it in. Seems fitting.
    HMXOwl said:

Impossible, that song wasn't in the 4chan setlist.

Hoo!! would've thunk?!

Obligatory owl pun. I am not ashamed.
    Apparently adding Champagne Supernova and Bad Reputation now. ;)
  • Buttered_NoodlesButtered_Noodles Unsigned
    edited February 28
    I saw Counting Stars on the setlist when they were going through the menus on that Oculus Periscope.