Cannot unlock my music in Harmonix Music VR

ScottyT14ScottyT14 Unsigned
Is anyone else having issues getting their music to even display properly when choosing songs? And even if I'm lucky enough to get even 3 to show up, once I add them to the playlist, I can't hit the button to continue.

Comments

• Are you referring to your own music or included tracks?

What storage device are you using for your music?

What file type are the songs?

Do you have any parental controls on?
  • My own music. I'm not sure if the included music should show up alongside it as well, but if it does, I'm not seeing it.

As for the storage device, it's a Gigaware 4GB flash drive, as seen here: https://www.amazon.com/Gigaware-4GB-USB-Slider-Drive/dp/B005499XT6

Before, I had my music under a folder titled MUSIC in the root directory, and then the songs were separated by artist folders. One folder contained M4A files, which the game was kind enough to let me know it only supported other file types. After that, I deleted that folder, and just put all the songs in a group without any folders. Still had issues. All were MP3.

No parental controls.
  • I am also having the same problem Scottyt14 is having. All my music is in a folder called Music on mine and i use a Sandisk 64 gig tumb drive.
  • ScottyT14 said:

Before, I had my music under a folder titled MUSIC in the root directory, and then the songs were separated by artist folders. One folder contained M4A files, which the game was kind enough to let me know it only supported other file types. After that, I deleted that folder, and just put all the songs in a group without any folders. Still had issues. All were MP3.

Alright, at a glance, the problem is your sorting. Folder titled 'Music' and songs directly in it. No nesting by artist or anything.
  • What if your music is just in a music folder with no sorting mine are just all in the music folder is it because i have over 1000 songs on my thumb drive just not sure.
  • rayinzice said:

What if your music is just in a music folder with no sorting mine are just all in the music folder is it because i have over 1000 songs on my thumb drive just not sure.

Yup, your music should be in a folder just called "music" in the root of the flash drive. Inside should just be your music, no subfolders.

Attaching a few screenshots for reference. :smile:

Root of your flash drive:

Inside the music folder:

• ok i will try that
  • Awesome it worked its a fun relaxing thing you all made there.
  • Wooo! Glad to help ya get your music working in Music VR! Enjoy it! :)
  • HMXOwl said:

ScottyT14 said:

Alright, at a glance, the problem is your sorting. Folder titled 'Music' and songs directly in it. No nesting by artist or anything.
    My wording was pretty bad, but I meant to say that afterwards, I placed all my music in the MUSIC folder, without any sorting or folders. My USB is basically I:/removableD/MUSIC/[around 20-30 songs here]
  • Same thing for me too, even the songs built into the game dont work when my USB is plugged in, using a 32 Gig Sony Flash Drive, took off all the unsupported audio files and changed nothing. The songs are in a folder simply named "music" without any sub folders at all.
  • ScottyT14 said:

HMXOwl said:

ScottyT14 said:

My wording was pretty bad, but I meant to say that afterwards, I placed all my music in the MUSIC folder, without any sorting or folders. My USB is basically I:/removableD/MUSIC/[around 20-30 songs here]
    Hey, i think i might have found what the problem is, for me it was an issue of having some Japanese Kanji in the file names, erased those out of the file name of the songs and it seems to work now, not the ID3 Tags, just the actual MP3 files.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    If you're not bringing SingSpace to the PS4/PSVR, how about adding a karaoke mode into Harmonix Music VR?

Since the PSVR has a mic, I found myself singing along to my fave tunes on The Beach... it would be awesome if there was a zone where it detected our pitch and scored us on how closely it matched what was being played. Lyrics aren't necessary, and i'm not expecting anything like SingStar, just some sort of simple karaoke mode would be an awesome addition to the app/game.

It's the first VR title i've got 100% of the trophies on!
  • Im with GRAFFIN i think it would be cool to have a karaoke mode too.
  • ScottyT14 said:

HMXOwl said:

ScottyT14 said:

Hey, i think i might have found what the problem is, for me it was an issue of having some Japanese Kanji in the file names, erased those out of the file name of the songs and it seems to work now, not the ID3 Tags, just the actual MP3 files.
    That totally did it. Although I also needed to get rid of some Japanese characters in the tags as well. Thanks for the tip!
  • ScottyT14 said:

ScottyT14 said:

HMXOwl said:

ScottyT14 said:

That totally did it. Although I also needed to get rid of some Japanese characters in the tags as well. Thanks for the tip!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Japanese characters issue!
  • HMXMudry said:

ScottyT14 said:

ScottyT14 said:

HMXOwl said:

ScottyT14 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the Japanese characters issue!
    The problem is that Harmonix Music VR dont read UTF-8 charactes, its not only about japanese characters! Japanese characters are UTF-8 characters too!

Hope this can be fixed in an further update! :smiley: