The stutter / lag is real

Comments

• I haven't had any since the update that fixed it whereas I used to have it constantly. I'm on PS4 though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2017
    Had really bad stutter last night while playing stutter. I haven't had issues in a long time. Reloaded game and it fixed it. But the game was unplayable during the stutter. (PS4 that is)
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I’ve hard booted, I’ve let the xbox sit, but it keeps coming back.

Fortunately during the tom solo on Hypnotize. So ridiculous.
  • No stuttering, but my MadCatz Strat is locking up left and right now. I re-did the firmware update, but how do tell which version is loaded to see if it took?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2017
    And more stutter...
    Only was about 6 songs in tonight and the screen literally froze (song kept going) and then the screen did a major stutter and resumed.
    I was having zero issues prior to the recent patch since they last fixed it...

(this stutter was so bad I actually closed the game because it totally ruined the experience)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2017
    While I haven't experienced stuttering for a long time, the new patch did introduce something odd (at least I think it's odd). Basically every time you enter the Rivals menu after loading up the game, everything acts as if you're visiting it for the first time so your rank changes from bronze to your correct rank, the percentiles go from 0 to the correct ones and spotlight scores go from nothing to the correct scores. When a challenge has ended, every time you load up the game and enter the Rivals menu you get the challenge results screen as if you're entering for the first time after a challenge has ended.

Maybe it's a workaround for the promotion and badge achievement issues but apart from that, all I see is a glitch.
  • I'm not getting any stuttering, but I have started getting hard booted to the dashboard?! I load the game, it loads and I get to the screen where I can choose a play mode, etc. and the screen just goes black and stays like that for a minute, then the dashboard comes up!?!

This is a new situation as I've not had this issue ever since having the game. So something defintely snuck in with the last update.

(xb1x, NA, btw.)
  • Is it possible to delete Rock Band 4 and re-install the version on disc, without destroying all DLC (ps4)? The game worked fine before the Rivals update, but re-downloading my DLC would take days...
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Nope. On PS4, the DLC is bound to the install, and deleting the install deletes the DLC too. You can't even switch from disc to digital without a full purge and redownload of DLC.

Not sure you'd really want to go all the way back to disc install though. You'd not even be getting day one patches. So, no custom bands in quickplay. That strangely separated triple-score-tracking (Shows, Quickplay, and Tour all tracking scores separately). Day zero was rough. I think the better hope is that going to base install then re-upgrading would fix whatever corruption you're having.
    I got an Xbone S and thought my stuttering days were over (except for online) and, now that I have an ekit module, I’ve been going back to old 5* songs to GS them.

While mid-song of Benatar’s Invincible, it stutters 3 times in a row. I pause to re-sync it hoping to hold on to a chance of GS and it stutters again shortly after.

**** right off already....
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Playing PS4 solo for me is good - when friends come over and we play full band - back to lag/stutter. I don't think that part was ever fixed.
  • I think it was fixed on XB1 to the point where the only time you'd see lag/stuttering was when your XB1 would disconnect from Xbox Live (sometimes the console just randomly disconnects from Xbox Live for less than a minute).
  • I just had some pretty awful stutter on solo play just now.
    It was the first song of the session. and it changed the calibration so i couldn't hit anything.
  • I tried The Who challenge song 3x and it stuttered every time ... hard to tell exactly when, but was before the crazy tom-roll part (>65%?). This is original Xbox1 and playing alone.
  • KramerikaKramerika Unsigned
    edited January 30
    gaiacat said:

Playing PS4 solo for me is good - when friends come over and we play full band - back to lag/stutter. I don't think that part was ever fixed.

Same on PS4 for me. Playing with friends locally it still stutters along at times, particularly noticeable in the vocals.
  • I'm on PS4 and have no lag/stutter. However, I have not played with more than guitar and vocals (harmonies with two mics).
  • Kramerika said:

gaiacat said:

Same on PS4 for me. Playing with friends locally it still stutters along at times, particularly noticeable in the vocals.
    I have never seen the stutter when playing solo, but it happens regularly in multi-player mode (usually guitar + bass).

Has anyone tried upgrading to a PS4 PRO to see if that helps?

• The stutter was really bad tonight while doing a full band with the new patch. Had zero problems earlier.Thinking a reload may have helped but it was already late and didn't feel like wasting the time so I played through it (quite bad lol)
    Getting a lot online.

It seems anything that uses any resources tends to make the game hiccup.

I was in a party and the controller turned off and made it stutter to desync. Happened again when it turned back on.

I wonder if setting your console to do not disturb might help, if notifications cause it too.
  • LarryLafferLarryLaffer Unsigned
    Has anything changed regarding the whole stutter situation on Ps4?

I'm hosting a local coop party soon, and last time (over half a year ago, which used to be every month... go figure) I had to pull my Ps3 and RB3 from the attic as the stutter made the game unplayable.
  • SadSandwichSadSandwich Unsigned
    I am on PS4 and haven't gotten stutter in a long time. I've never played with a full band locally though, only online. Locally I just play guitar and mic.

I used to have stutter really bad. Always restarting/rebooting to try to fix it, so whatever they did fixed it for me. Others may report they still have it (on PS4?) but I'm not sure what would still be causing it for them if it was fixed for me.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Until the most recent patch I wasn't having any issues on the PS4 either.

Now, there's a noticeable echo when I sing vocals, and the audio drops out for a second or two whilst playing a song... If I play for 2-3 hours, it happens maybe 5 or 6 times.

Both the audio dropouts and vocal echo wasn't an issue before the latest update.

Please unfix whatever was fixed... it's almost like there's some fake surround sound thing happening now. I've tweaked every possible setting on the PS4 and my home theater set up, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

And, whilst fixing that, please put the audio controls back on the controller (like it was in previous Rock Band games), where the backing, mic and instrument volumes could all be adjusted by a simple button press and done so on the fly instead of having to pause the game, navigate menus and blindly adjusting sliders not knowing how it affects the audio until it's unpaused. Why would you do this Harmonix? It's completely illogical. The previous system worked and because it could be done on the fly, was far less disruptive to game play.
  • The stutter is still there somewhat for me. But happens well less and rarely happens in online play.
    Local play i can't comment on for band-wise. I've been too scared to try it LOL
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    4 person local band in XB1 hasn't been stuttery for me at all, but those dang MadCatz Strat guitar lock-ups are annoying as heck.
    It desyncs very rarely with local play.

I just had a large desync online again. It was midway through a technical song, (Ants Marching), until the notes desynced a full hit ahead of where they should have been audibly.

It was so offputting to compensate the sound to the visual and I ended up breaking streak. It really is a hamper to playing online.

You get excited and into the groove when everyone is doing well, then it hiccups and just trashes the experience.
  • uppyb0t said:

It desyncs very rarely with local play.

I just had a large desync online again. It was midway through a technical song, (Ants Marching), until the notes desynced a full hit ahead of where they should have been audibly.

It was so offputting to compensate the sound to the visual and I ended up breaking streak. It really is a hamper to playing online.

You get excited and into the groove when everyone is doing well, then it hiccups and just trashes the experience.

My PDP drums do that as well. They will even shut off on their own (even with new batteries) randomly (only happens about once every couple of weeks).
    I just end up quitting for the night afterward because its frustrating.