The stutter / lag is real

Comments

• uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    edited November 24
    I’m starting to get it worse than ever now.

Playing online is especially bad, playing local it’s still happening, and even solo.

I’m now playing Papa Roach and it’s already happening a few times by the first verse.

It’s desyncing considerably and I feel this has been happening since the last xbox update.
  • I haven't had any since the update that fixed it whereas I used to have it constantly. I'm on PS4 though.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 24
    Had really bad stutter last night while playing stutter. I haven't had issues in a long time. Reloaded game and it fixed it. But the game was unplayable during the stutter. (PS4 that is)
  • uppyb0tuppyb0t Opening Act
    I’ve hard booted, I’ve let the xbox sit, but it keeps coming back.

Fortunately during the tom solo on Hypnotize. So ridiculous.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    No stuttering, but my MadCatz Strat is locking up left and right now. I re-did the firmware update, but how do tell which version is loaded to see if it took?
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 28
    And more stutter...
    Only was about 6 songs in tonight and the screen literally froze (song kept going) and then the screen did a major stutter and resumed.
    I was having zero issues prior to the recent patch since they last fixed it...

(this stutter was so bad I actually closed the game because it totally ruined the experience)
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 28
    While I haven't experienced stuttering for a long time, the new patch did introduce something odd (at least I think it's odd). Basically every time you enter the Rivals menu after loading up the game, everything acts as if you're visiting it for the first time so your rank changes from bronze to your correct rank, the percentiles go from 0 to the correct ones and spotlight scores go from nothing to the correct scores. When a challenge has ended, every time you load up the game and enter the Rivals menu you get the challenge results screen as if you're entering for the first time after a challenge has ended.

Maybe it's a workaround for the promotion and badge achievement issues but apart from that, all I see is a glitch.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    I'm not getting any stuttering, but I have started getting hard booted to the dashboard?! I load the game, it loads and I get to the screen where I can choose a play mode, etc. and the screen just goes black and stays like that for a minute, then the dashboard comes up!?!

This is a new situation as I've not had this issue ever since having the game. So something defintely snuck in with the last update.

(xb1x, NA, btw.)
  • Is it possible to delete Rock Band 4 and re-install the version on disc, without destroying all DLC (ps4)? The game worked fine before the Rivals update, but re-downloading my DLC would take days...
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Nope. On PS4, the DLC is bound to the install, and deleting the install deletes the DLC too. You can't even switch from disc to digital without a full purge and redownload of DLC.

Not sure you'd really want to go all the way back to disc install though. You'd not even be getting day one patches. So, no custom bands in quickplay. That strangely separated triple-score-tracking (Shows, Quickplay, and Tour all tracking scores separately). Day zero was rough. I think the better hope is that going to base install then re-upgrading would fix whatever corruption you're having.
  • Is it possible to delete Rock Band 4 and re-install the version on disc, without destroying all DLC (ps4)? The game worked fine before the Rivals update, but re-downloading my DLC would take days...

Nope.

uninstalling the game will also uninstall ALL the DLC/exports