TONS of problems with Rock Band Rivals PS4

1. The framerate has been dropped significantly. There is unbelievable amounts of stutter on the note highways on every single song, causing missed strums.

2. The game crashes all the time, after every set that you do. If you play a set of 4 songs, it crashes after the 4th song. If you play a set of 3 songs, it crashes after the third song. If you try the Rockudrama, it crashes after each and every video.

3. The (Mad Catz) guitars have started to de-sync from the PS4 in the middle of a song. This occurrs about once per song, causing the song to stop, miss a few notes and then immediately re-sync (confirming which PS4 user the guitar is assigned to with a pop-up menu). This has never happened prior to this update. I do not own any of the new guitars yet.

The game is virtually unplayable at this point. I have submitted 17 crash reports this morning.

When is the next stability patch coming, and/or is it being worked on at all?

Comments

• I'm having the same problems with my guitars on the Xbox One.

I booted up the game at the weekend for the first time since the Rivals patch...

First of all the guitars kept de-syncing even when browsing the store, which was annoying enough

When we started to play things got much worse... One guitar would continually de-sync then re-sync but would obviously cause missed notes in between. The other guitar would just stop registering any input at all and had to be turned off and restarted before the game registered it again.

We had NONE of these issues before the patch.

Harmonix NEEDS to fix this now or recall the update!
  • 1. The framerate has been dropped significantly. There is unbelievable amounts of stutter on the note highways on every single song, causing missed strums.

2. The game crashes all the time, after every set that you do. If you play a set of 4 songs, it crashes after the 4th song. If you play a set of 3 songs, it crashes after the third song. If you try the Rockudrama, it crashes after each and every video.

3. The (Mad Catz) guitars have started to de-sync from the PS4 in the middle of a song. This occurrs about once per song, causing the song to stop, miss a few notes and then immediately re-sync (confirming which PS4 user the guitar is assigned to with a pop-up menu). This has never happened prior to this update. I do not own any of the new guitars yet.

The game is virtually unplayable at this point. I have submitted 17 crash reports this morning.

When is the next stability patch coming, and/or is it being worked on at all?

1. I have this problem.
    2. The game does crash sometimes for me.
    3. I have had alt-strum guitar streak problems with the PS4 version of RB4 for a while, but I not sure if it is a "syncing" issue.

I'm having the same problems with my guitars on the Xbox One.

I booted up the game at the weekend for the first time since the Rivals patch...

First of all the guitars kept de-syncing even when browsing the store, which was annoying enough

When we started to play things got much worse... One guitar would continually de-sync then re-sync but would obviously cause missed notes in between. The other guitar would just stop registering any input at all and had to be turned off and restarted before the game registered it again.

We had NONE of these issues before the patch.

Harmonix NEEDS to fix this now or recall the update!

I have none of the problems you have reported on the X-Bone version of RB4.
  • Preacher1985Preacher1985 Unsigned
    edited November 2016
    There is firmware updates for Fender guitars that supposedly fixes the sync issue. So far the only problem I have with rivals is the stutter once in a while. -PS4 version
  • WE, our Band, must agree. The calibration since the recent Rivals Update is horrible. Literally "unplayable" by our standards. And after a decade of playing RockBand, we can tell. When our drummer can't get to within 100,000 points of his own high score.....there's a problem. Frustration at the calibration, not to mention all the other issues, at our RB party sent us back to RockBand 3. After sitting on a shelf for 2 years.......it worked flawlessly! 5 players. Drummer, 2 guitars and 3 people singing. Myself doing double duty on the guitar and microphone. We were playing within 10mins of plugging it in, and played for 4 hours. Gold Stars and high scores all around! Not a single issue. Well, a microphone came unplugged once, but it didn't crash the game, or freak out another device. We just paused, plugged it back in, and restarted the song. Try that with RB4.....? Won't work. I promise you that. Someone will loose their profile setting, you'll get a Blue-screen of death, a guitar will drop out.....always something. And then you have to start the game all over again. Go through the process of assigning devices to profiles all over again. "Face palm" Just not worth it.
  • I agree
  • BogeBoge Unsigned
    I don't own rivals, but I'm experiencing some framerate slowdowns as well. I'm missing some notes because of it. It's very noticeable.
  • None of these problems have been fixed. Come on Harmonix, at least tell us if you can duplicate issues. This game has been unplayable for months.

The note stuttering is unbelievable. As in I can't believe it passed QA.
  • Runa216Runa216 Road Warrior
    Did anyone ever fix this problem? Every session I've had since Rivals came out has been a chore due to how messed up the note highways are. Stutter, chugging, framerate issues, and tonnes of dropped notes everywhere.

I hear 'firmware update for the jaguar', but I'm playing on the Rock Band 4 launch guitar.

Is there a setting I can change to make it like 30fps locked or something to avoid this stagger? becuase in its current state the game is virtually unplayable in groups (I can KIIIINDA play solo with minimal chugs and stutters)

Ps4 is the console I'm playing on.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    They did some changes - I'm still having problems with not smooth graphics while playing instruments. It gets considerably worse the more people playing (2,3,4 instruments)
  • Tommy2XTommy2X Unsigned
    Hi. I have a quick question. Can you randomly join/have them join online players like before, or is this set up so that you can only join friends who invite/or you invite them. If there is no random join or host like RB3, why bother with this?
  • Tommy2XTommy2X Unsigned
    Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a jerk. But so many friends I have don't play RB. I used to love joining random slots and meeting new people.
  • Tommy2X said:

Hi. I have a quick question. Can you randomly join/have them join online players like before, or is this set up so that you can only join friends who invite/or you invite them. If there is no random join or host like RB3, why bother with this?

Invite only for now. Might change in the future.
  • Tommy2X said:

Invite only for now. Might change in the future.
    wow.....that su#$s

• TyrionXavierTyrionXavier Opening Act
    Hey Harmonix, how about an update? New update to the game recently, still having severe chugging on the note highways.
  • TyrionXavierTyrionXavier Opening Act
    Another month, still no updates that resolve any meaningful issues.