WAYDRN Rock Band Rivals Banter Page.

Comments

• calloycalloy Unsigned
    edited April 21
    don't hurt yourself, @daxx1970. i got a lot of double XP playing done last night, so you might want to do your smug wiping next week.
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    Smug wiping is what those Sharmin bears do.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    i had no idea the bear community had witch doctors
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Is that like smudging? I'll grab some sage
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    Double xp, smouble xp. It's on like centipede!
    I believe the phrase is, "It's on like Quadrapong". You're welcome.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    since it's from 420, it should be on like a guitar bong

daxx1970 said:

Double xp, smouble xp. It's on like centipede!

... a human one?

I call dibs on front!
  • This thread is going to be a lot more active with the new Rivals mode changes. Seasons and end of season rewards are being added in the new update! Don't know when the update will be though.
    I set THREE spotlight song high scores this week, which I never would have thought would happen in my crew where everyone else is an All Star. But most of them don't own "China Cat Sunflower". Non-zero scores = the high score!

As I remember it I used to be a reasonably talented vocalist, not in an actual "people request for me to sing for them*" way but in a "mostly able to hit whatever note I'm aiming for" way. I learned to project from the diaphragm and breathe in quickly between phrases, helpful stuff like that. But having not sung regularly for years? It was a humbling experience last night. It did not score well. It did not sound good. There may have been some croaking sounds.

I even resorted to using the trainer but I could barely hear the guide tone. Is that true for most people, is it way too soft for everyone? Or is it an issue with my current audio setup?

Anyway, I hope I'm just terribly out of practice and can get my voice back, eventually. It's always possible that it's just gone forever, that I got old. It happens.

* My Mom thinks I'm an excellent singer
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    By the way you describe your singing experience the other night, I'm wondering if you were alone in the room. lol
    I doubt your voice is gone. You just need to sing more to get your chops back
    But, when you think about how long we've all been playing RB, were all old. :)
    I was indeed alone, and it was late, and I'm always wary about the neighbors hearing me so I didn't belt it out. Not ideal conditions. But still! Picture a teenager with their voice breaking.

chInA cat! cHIna caT! chINa cAt!
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Nice Job @Meat-Popsicle !!!!!!
  • @Meat-Popsicle

Tangent from Emergency Rooster -- I (failed to have) saved my crew by belting out "China Cat" at the last minute (reduced to doing it on Hard) -- Though, at least I scored in the top 200 and taunted several people who did it on 5* Expert.

We roosters got snuffed by falling exactly on the 50th percentile, which, because HMX ranks furiously, caused us to be demoted. :disappointed:

The worst part wasn't being demoted from diamond, though... it was when I realized that my windows were open on all sides of the house.

• My Mom thinks I'm an excellent singer

Replied to add:

Random thought again, but my mother stated that I "sounded like a 12 year old" when I exposed her to RB4 when visiting my family last year.

This is why you never troll a biologist: I couldn't help shoot back that she sent me half the genes that caused this to happen.
    Singing falsetto is a highly valued skill among rock and pop stars!
    Unless she meant that you seemed goofy and immature while playing the game, but even then: what's wrong with embracing the joyful enthusiasm of youth?
    I am going to hope you Mom reconsiders her criticism, or even better I'll assume it was never meant to be a seriously critical comment.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Maybe Andy's mom was trying to set him up with a 12 year old...
  • Maybe Andy's mom was trying to set him up with a 12 year old...

Not again...
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    to date, my supposed smug remains wipe-free
  • edited May 4

Maybe Andy's mom was trying to set him up with a 12 year old...

Okay that one's pushing it. =P

So far it's been random women who appear single at restaurants and I'm hoping that's as far as it goes.

ETA: It could be worse, there's a reason I never help her with groceries when I visit my family.
  • Season 0 finishes June 13th. Here's the rewards and more details.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/season-1-is-coming-are-you-ready/
    I don't check here often enough to realize Cal decided to throw a little shade my way. He was indeed correct that he remained on top that week....last week, however, he was severely trounced in a week that saw the space monkeys get a 2nd overall band, a personal 2nd in vocals, and a personal 3rd in xp bass which I didn't even know was now a thing or I wouldn't have played more guitar than bass...I'm also too modest to mention the week I put in over 100K xp which is still a band record.

But @calloy definitely beat me the week my cat died, I was hospitalized for 12 days, my Internet was down, and I was traveling internationally on matters of national security.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Way to go Daxx!!!! WOOT!!!!
    daxx1970 said:

I don't check here often enough to realize Cal decided to throw a little shade my way. He was indeed correct that he remained on top that week....last week, however, he was severely trounced in a week that saw the space monkeys get a 2nd overall band, a personal 2nd in vocals, and a personal 3rd in xp bass which I didn't even know was now a thing or I wouldn't have played more guitar than bass...I'm also too modest to mention the week I put in over 100K xp which is still a band record.

But @calloy definitely beat me the week my cat died, I was hospitalized for 12 days, my Internet was down, and I was traveling internationally on matters of national security.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    sorry about your cat, and I totally didn't let you win this week to make you feel good.

or did I?

it's all XP under the bridge now. clean slate in 10 minutes.
    And he sticks it to me by FC'ING a vocal and then dropping the mic after 1 song...STICKING IT!!!
    Pics of it getting stuck or it didn't stucked
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I'll be gone the next three days to go see Mel Brooks, so I think the memory of the cat, acute illness and secret agenting will be uplifted again next week.

but you never know.
    Seeing Mel Brooks far exceeds any XP I could ever achieve...continuingto stick it!!!

But it's good to be the king.
    I've got 101 songs this week, 51 by Green Day