WAYDRN Rock Band Rivals Banter Page.

Comments

• Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    I hope you had the time of your life.
  • daxx1970daxx1970 110% Awesome
    As many times as I've sent him a taunt lately I'm guessing it's closer to Dookie.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I'm playing Bass much more aggressively now, I think I was babying my guitars for fear of breaking them, back when they were literally irreplaceable. And now I think I may have broken 2 of my 3 RB4 guitars, my Folding Fender and my PAX East Pre-order guitar. On one of them, a small part of the strum bar snapped off and was rattling around inside the body. Also it now CLACKS when I strum hard, from a certain angle. On the other one, it no longer strums up. So I'm down to just my Black BiaB Guitar.

I guess I should have ordered yet another Rivals Guitar Bundle back when they were crazy cheap [Amazon?]. Having 3 seemed like overkill, especially since I've never actually broken a RB guitar, not ever.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    Sorry about your guitars Pops. You are still expected to play at least 101 songs this week since that is the amount you own for the challenge. If you buy more songs, then more is expected. Just saying........ Look at Daxx and Calloy - they are outstanding.
    I still have one guitar that works! I'm just looking for ideas on the best place to buy a 2nd one, for when I take my RB4 setup to the beach on Wednesday.

Pops? But I'm not a daddy?
    Oh, it's because I'm old.
    Yep.
    Guilty.
  • gaiacatgaiacat Unsigned
    meat-POPSicle = Pops in my book lol
  • Update is coming tomorrow!
    I'm dragging my Rock Band setup to the beach tonight, staying until Saturday morning, will try to talk my friends into playing as many Spotlight Songs as possible. My wife had a few girlfriends over this past Sunday, and I tried the same thing, but after one Green Day song they were done with that idea.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I got my wife to play some challenge songs with me over the holiday weekend.
    Love the "Pops" nickname. I say we change the band name during meat's next birthday week to something that includes it. Peter, Pops, and Mary...Pops and Roses, Pops Halen, Tony Orlando and Pops, The Rolling Pops, Pops Of The Stone Age....or since the rest of the band leans far left, my favorite, Pops Against The Machine.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    I'm a centrist. I just seem far left compared to today's GOP
    Wow that's quite a coincidence, I'm a centrist too. I just seem far right compared to today's democratic party.
    Both of you are fanatics and on my personal watch list.

And watch I do.

I do.
    I didn't change, the world did!
    I keep hearing that the youngest voting generation is super-progressive but I guess they don't bother to vote. Cynical already? Save that for when you are old!
    That's it, you just made my list.

You all made my list.
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    No one knows what it's like the be the bad man....
  • I'd be very surprised if Pull Me Under isn't spotlight for the final season 0 challenge.
    Is ti another 40 minute song from DT? I hope so because I like cashing in 1200k+ XP per play across all instruments to pump up my "average XP" for the challenges.
    I was told I could get a new Rivals Guitar Bundle from GameStop for $30
    Wrong! It's $39.99
    I bought it
    And brought it to the beach, along with my PS4 + Pro Drums + Mad Catz RB4 Guitar + 3 microphones
    And then sold it to one of my friends, who has a PS4 but has never owned Rock Band
    (I pretty much need a 2nd guitar only when I'm playing with that group, I'll have him bring his guitar from now on)

What's the minimum number of songs you could play this week and still get promoted? It's got to be a really small number here in week 1 of season 1. Three? Could it be done in 3? Perform a gold star FC on one instrument for each of the spotlight songs?
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    39.99 is a great price for the rivals gtr bundle. I bought one from gamestop a week or so ago for a family member so they could join my crew. lol. I'm slowly pulling family and old rb friends into rivals with me. Once they play a song or two they get hooked. muuuuaaaaaahhhhhahaha. : :p
    It really is a spectacular price for the bundle. A great deal for the guitar, for that matter, even if you have no use for the disc. It was only disappointing because someone in my crew told me it would be $30, my expectations had been raised to an unrealistic level.

I'll probably order another one at some point, but I'll pick a different GameStop so they don't get confused. Ha.

I'm sure my original PDP guitar would be easy to fix, I just need to replace the strum bar, ideally with something a bit more sturdy so the tabs don't break off again. Is this something that's easy to buy / built on my own? Also, is there a trick to taking the guitar apart? Maybe I missed a screw, but it felt like I was going to break it trying to pry it open. I stopped well before putting maximum force into the lever.
    I haven't taken a Jag apart, but I think I heard somewhere maybe one time... that maybe you have to take the pick-guard off to reveal some more screws?

The Strum-Fix-Plus from ByteArts doesn't work on the Jag, according to their web-page, but supposedly they are working on a version for it. At forty bucks it costs more than the guitar, but I have a couple of them on some RB3 Strats and they are the absolute best strummers for Rock Band.
    Huh. The screw heads visible on the pick guard are obviously just part of the plastic molding. But I'll see if the guard itself can be pried off to reveal real screws underneath.

$40 for a strum replacement, wow! I guess I'd consider that for one of my older (RB3 compatible) models.
  • It really is a spectacular price for the bundle. A great deal for the guitar, for that matter, even if you have no use for the disc. It was only disappointing because someone in my crew told me it would be $30, my expectations had been raised to an unrealistic level.

I had the same problem ("Savior" by Rise Against is very hazardous to the Jag on bass). Took every visible screw out and the thing still would need a crowbar still (though haven't tried that part).

If you figure it out and post, you get a free non-downstrumming Jag from me to fix and use for yourself/resell.

Huh. The screw heads visible on the pick guard are obviously just part of the plastic molding. But I'll see if the guard itself can be pried off to reveal real screws underneath.

$40 for a strum replacement, wow! I guess I'd consider that for one of my older (RB3 compatible) models.

I could definitely be wrong, so don't go breaking ****.
    I have been warned, if I statter it, it's my own fault [and it was broken already, won't strum up]
    As a bass player, I only strum up ... or most of the time, at least. I still need to learn how to alt strum. I can't hit more than 5-6 notes in a row (often only 1 note in a row) and it makes me SO MAD to SUCK AT IT
  • calloycalloy Unsigned
    our crew made the top 20, and by that, I mean we are number 20
    calloy said:

We made Platinum. Numbers don't matter. ;)
  • calloycalloy Unsigned

calloy said:

not in the top 20, eh?
  • calloy said:

calloy said:

not in the top 20, eh?
    Where do you even see that?

Doesn't matter, won $20 by betting a guy I could beat him in Fury of the Storm.